Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    To be honest, I do it, primarily, because I like doing it!:drool5:
    Nothing like a good and honest answer. Great response Bill, I`m 100% with you.

I have NO issues with anyone doing what they like (heck, I like to re-wax every 4-6 weeks which is probably overkill in a big way). I don`t do it because I think it is necessarily better, but because I enjoy it.

Ditto for those "layer addicts".
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TOGWT View Post
    Get some sleep and "Dream on McDuff"

When it comes to product marketing and technical specifications, it is also important to realize that all companies must keep secure their proprietary information and agreements. Without this, no business would have the incentive to develop new products, expand their market, stay competitive, and ultimately - exist.

The only clue I can give you is that UV stabilizers, such as Benzophenones will mix with polymers but are difficult to formulate in a product that contains silicone (note difficult but not impossible)
    Why not just call Sal and demand that he forks over an MSDS. I`d love to hear his response. :devil:

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know about anyone else here, but I am a huge Zaino fan, last year i was layering z5 with zfx enabled 3 coats every 2 days and a single coat of z2 the day after.
    I reached close to 74 coats, i wanted to see if i can reach 100, i gave up. The reason is that the vehicle which is black, did not look black anymore, looked like it was almost chromed, if you looked at it from the side you would swear it was chrome, and looking straight at it, it was so bright and clear you can count the hairs on you arm.
    But it also highlights everything else, every imperfection in the body and every swirl (From All the Washings).
    The problem is getting the stuff off your vehicle, good luck with that.
    I am recently Dawned my Silverado 8 times and wiped it down with 90% IPA, and i think i finally got it all off, and i have been taking some pixs, working on getting the paint in show room condition+. At least as perfect as possible.

Then will start Layering again this time with Z5

Claude

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I dont know about anyone else here, but I am a huge Zaino fan, last year i was layering z5 with zfx enabled 3 coats every 2 days and a single coat of z2 the day after.
    I reached close to 74 coats, i wanted to see if i can reach 100, i gave up. The reason is that the vehicle which is black, did not look black anymore, looked like it was almost chromed, if you looked at it from the side you would swear it was chrome, and looking straight at it, it was so bright and clear you can count the hairs on you arm.
    But it also highlights everything else, every imperfection in the body and every swirl (From All the Washings).
    The problem is getting the stuff off your vehicle, good luck with that.
    I am recently Dawned my Silverado 8 times and wiped it down with 90% IPA, and i think i finally got it all off, and i have been taking some pixs, working on getting the paint in show room condition+. At least as perfect as possible.

Then will start Layering again this time with Z5

Claude
    Wow Claude... that`s quite a testimony. I basically did the same thing except my additional coats were every couple of weeks over 3 years. My car was black also, but I never had that "chrome" appearance you described.

I sold the car to my son about 30 months ago. He has never applied any wax or sealant. Water still beads.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information