Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged View Post
    Klasse (Carlack 68) will outlast very many other sealants. Zaino Z2 ZFX`ed, and DG #105 are other choices when it comes to durable sealants. I personally like durable sealant on my daily driver, where I can just top it off with a nice carnauba wax every month or so, but personally see no need for it to last longer then 6 months anyway. After 6 months, it time to clay anyway, which will remove most of your protection anyway, therefore it will get resealed again. My winter choice protection is Duragloss #105 topped with Collinite 476S for my daily driver. Right now I have Zaino Z2 x3 ZFX`ed topped with CG Pete`s 53 for tightest beading action from affordable wax (vintage gives awesome beading too, but it is too expensive).
    Hmmmm...i have a black silverado, and i tell you i didnt have to clay it until this pollen drop which i left on the vehicle for weeks, only because i was busy with other vehicles. It did have about 30+ coats of Z5 on it, and i check the vehicle after i wash it with the ziplock bag test, after every wash Smoooooooooooooooth is silk (was).
    I am now correcting the paint from washing it so much.
    Work truck with Klasse same all over the body but not the roof, something happened where you can clearly feel the acrylic coat failed and it got penetrated.

its 2 weeks and the 2 coats of Blackfire Paste is holding up, and its been raining in Ny for about 3 weeks straight. Im sick of rain!:cursing:

Claude

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Blackfire with Polycharger, I put on multiple coats about 3-4 over the course of the summer season and QD in between washing.

Also use top coats of Natty`s Red Carnuba.

I fully detailed both of my vehicles in April 08 and the Blackfire is still shining through. That is very good durability in my opinion, especially in the North East for cars that live outdoors.

Though it does not bead water as well anymore.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So far, the Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Protection is on my ride for 4 months (2 Coats) and it`s always parked outside. Beads are still tight and looks great.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    So far, the Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Protection is on my ride for 4 months (2 Coats) and it`s always parked outside. Beads are still tight and looks great.
    I`m absolutely impressed with Blackfire Wet Diamond
    I`ve just recently started to use it. My first car I tried it on, was a 1999 black T/A on June 4th.
    This cars sits outside, doesn`t get driven much, and is not covered at all. My buddy is going thru divorce and his car now sits outside over his parents driveway
    Anyway, the car has been rained on and getting a lost of dust since that day.
    Well, this past Friday, we washed it for the first time since (over two weeks) using just Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash, rinsed, and dried.
    Here`s how it looks right now:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information