Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TOGWT
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonyn View Post
    want to shut this forum down....for spreading the "truthindetailing"
    If any car dealer wants to challenge any of the statements made contact me at -jonmiller@togwt.com

Apparently one of my post ("Touchless Car Washing") was removed from another forum, although I was never challenged (I assume it touched a nerve) but I would not copyright any thing that was not true in this dog sue dog world we now live in (also the reason I put all that `legalize` in my articles)

Post Thanks / Like
    Jon - I pretty much agree with your statement because many dealers and their salespeople don`t know how to "sell" the product and process. They just misinform people that are pumped up on buying a new vehicle. Some paint protection systems work great for some people as long as they are properly explained and walked through the do`s and don`ts. I know of a very professional outfit in Michigan that does quite well at this and they train their dealers how to properly sell their product. glcompanies.com

This sort of treatment is the anti-christ to car care enthusiasts, but has it`s place within the industry. It can definately be a lucrative business.

TOGWT
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    Jon - I pretty much agree with your statement because many dealers and their salespeople don`t know how to "sell" the product and process. They just misinform people that are pumped up on buying a new vehicle. Some paint protection systems work great for some people as long as they are properly explained and walked through the do`s and don`ts. I know of a very professional outfit in Michigan that does quite well at this and they train their dealers how to properly sell their product. glcompanies.com

This sort of treatment is the anti-christ to car care enthusiasts, but has it`s place within the industry. It can definately be a lucrative business.
    It`s a shame that car dealers don`t train their operatives (like many industries, the short-term (or should I say short sighted view) is that proper training is expensive, and they are only there to sell and bolster their bottom line.

Thanks for the link, interesting. The only other company I know of that has a real paint protection product with a worthwhile gaurantee is Valugaurd

Post Thanks / Like
    With regard to Simoniz.

Grab a copy of the warranty for this product, I will be surprised if you are not impressed with the wording.
    One thing and one thing only indicates a manufacturers level of confidence in its prouduct/service....

Disclaimers:
    I have no idea what the prouduct is, how it is applied and I benefit in no way from its sale.

TOGWT
    Tom, the first time I posted information on Simoniz paint protection they sent me some information and a product sample, didn`t in anyway affect my opinion.

As a `word-smith` I`m rarely impressed with marketing hype, especially as in my younger (all right, very much younger days) I used to write copy for many car care and other products.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a consumer which would you purchase first, product A with exclusions for every condition your vehicle is going to be exposed or product B which guarantees, in writing, in plain language, that listed damage will be corrected??

TOGWT
    [...product B which guarantees, in writing, in plain language, that listed damage will be corrected?? ]

If I could find a product that has a guantee in plain lanuage there are usually so many exclusions.

It`s your hard earned money, make your own choice but base it on prior knowledge of the product in question. "Let the buyer beware"

Research others opinions and products, test them and then make an objective decision based upon factual information not marketing hype or brand loyalty. I have always thought that the more facts and information you have at hand the easier it is to judge what information you are being given. After all, how can you fully understand and properly use any product unless you have all the facts?

Post Thanks / Like
    With regard to warranty in this instance the facts are very clear; company O will not stand behind their product for envrionmental damage, company S clearly states that should certain environmental factors cause damage it will be corrected.

Warranties are everything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information