Thread: KAI + Sealant

Post Thanks / Like

KAI + Sealant

Can you layer FMJ or Blackfire sealant over Klasse All in One? I love AIO for its cleaning and easy application but I hate Klasse SG and never had luck with it regardless of how I apply it. I am looking for good protection with a great wet shine.

Thanks

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by klenj View Post
    Can you layer FMJ or Blackfire sealant over Klasse All in One? I love AIO for its cleaning and easy application but I hate Klasse SG and never had luck with it regardless of how I apply it. I am looking for good protection with a great wet shine.

Thanks
    Yes, you may apply FMJ or Blackfire Wet Diamond over Klasse AIO. I would just let it cure 24 hrs before putting any of these 2 on the finish. If it was me I would layer it with Blackfire Wet Diamond ( 2 coats ) and then layer a coat of FMJ. Just let the Blackfire cure at least 8 hrs before the FMJ. But there times some products just don`t want to bond to each other FYI, (maybe the weather, putting to much product on, not waiting for it to cure ).
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by klenj View Post

Thanks
    I never tried a sealant over AIO but I have used a nuba wax. P21S or Blackfire, love it. Let AIO cure over night, don`t see any reason FMJ wouldn`t work as a topper.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse AIO is a pretty good base for just about anything. As long as it is cured it will work fine under Blackfire or FMJ. However it will not add an real benefit, other then cleaning the paint. If you wanted the ultimate one step AIO that is specifically designed to be used under Menzerna FMJ (and works equally well with Blackfire) then you might consider Menzerna Acrylic Jacket.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t understand how anyone can have issues with the Klasse twins; don`t get me wrong, I believe that some are not happy with the results but I find these two products to be very simple to use.

At first I thought it was a humidity factor, I waited for the worst day and used Klasse, perfect.

Then I thought it was a not enough time thing, did it both ways, nearly no time and then alot of time, once again-perfect results. Though, I will say, it was a bit easier removing the SG after a few hours as compared to twenty minutes or so AND it was easier still after eight hours than it was a few hours..

Then I thought that perhaps it was an amount issue and while using too much made thing really difficult the results were still perfect, albeit my back and knees were less than happy.

SO, I have ruled out humidity, time between removal and amount used (more or less on this one) the only other thing I can think of is what one is using to remove the Klasse products, that is, the type of cloth and how clean it is or isn`t.

Of course I am presuming that the surface is truly clean/dry and that dragging water across the paint from still wet areas is not happening, and I guess I am also presuming that those who say they have had bad luck with Klasse don`t have an agenda; which I believe IS an issue at -other- sites.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replys. Again I love AIO but do not like the results or application methods needed for Klasse SG. I also have tried each method and found leaving it on longer or overnight works the best. But I am not a fan off leaving a product on the paint for a long time. After my car sits overnight in my garage I get a slight layer of dust and bugs hanging out on the paint.

I prefer to apply and buff off quickly after (like FMJ or Blackfire) and then wait a few days to wash the car again and apply another coat.

Thanks

Thread Information