Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokeman View Post
    Are you using the liquid or the paste NXT2? I used the liquid....streaks. When I used the paste it was fine.
    I was using the liquid. I typically apply by machine, so I don`t use paste. Switching to BF Wet Diamond I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    A lot of sealants and waxes look better the next day after they`ve had a chance to "cure" overnight.

I`ve had some streaking problems with sealants, and they always look better the next day. Problem is if I`m applying to a customer`s car, I want it to look good when he picks it up! I can`t really say to a customer: "Your car will look great tomorrow!"ut:
    Yeah, that would be tough for business!! I planned to put another coat on last night, but then...IT RAINED!!! :cursing: Will either do a full wash tomorrow or a detail spray wipedown (only a few drops of rain...what a mess).
    Jim Newell
    Katy, TX

My children:
    2008 Infiniti M45S
    2009 VW Jetta SE

Post Thanks / Like
    Long time NXT 2.0 user here and I`ve never had the streaking issue, although as others have said, it usually accompanies either using too much product or insufficient drying time.

Having said that, I think your choice to move to BF Wet Diamond is a good one. I`m a convert and a happy one at that. Great product, easy on/off, non-staining and "bubba proof" (as it`s been called here before). LOL

You won`t regret the switch.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    BFWD!!!!!
    BFWD!!!!!
    BFWD!!!!!
    :drool5::drool5::clap::clap:

I`m wondering if you are having the same problem that I was having? You said that you used a polish prior to using the NXT? Is it possible that you are having an "oiling" problem like I was.

When I got done using my M105/M205 on my car, I washed the car and then went into applying my WD. After having put it all on, I noticed that the car was "smearing" like you were talking about, like it was covered in a film. Talked to Angelo and he told me that was because of the oils that the compound and polish left behind. He instructed me to do a wipe down on the car using 50/50 alcohol/water, and I did. Problem solved. Of course, after you do this, it strips your wax/sealant off, so you have to re-apply.

Either way, I think the WD switch is a good one as well. I just put 2 coats on my car, i`m happy with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a black truck the other day with NXT2 paste since it was a freebie. Put it on nice and thin.........streaked bad. Quick detail spray didnt help. Tossed a coat of wet diamond over it and it helped a little. Called it good since it was a freebie.

Post Thanks / Like
    I first tried NXT first generation and promptly bought it back for a refund. It was the liquid and it was impossible to work with. I now keep NXT 2.0 paste wax around and it does a great job. Right now I only use it on my car the paint is toast from a bad auto body job and it is the only thing that masks all the issues in the paint.
    If I ever get smearing from over application or not letting it set up properly I just use a spray bottle with distilled water and a micro fiber cloth this has always worked for me. I usually always have a issue in the middle of my hood because of a engine block heater. It just always smears.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information