Post Thanks / Like

Does washing a car each time reduces the

effectiveness or slickness of Blackfire sealant?
    I am using Meguiars Gold class and not sure if it is too strong and is actually reducing the slickness of the sealant each time I wash the car.
    I have read that some people are using hair shampoo (Suave brand to be specific) to wash their car...produces suds and yet easier on the paint/sealant.
    Any thoughts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I would imagine you would be removing a microthin layer of wax each time you wash your car.

but you could follow up with a spray wax after each time you wash and it would act as a booster so to speak.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Gold Class is a quality car wash. As any good car wash it is designed to minimize the effect on your wax or sealant. I don`t think I would use shampoo over what you are using now. I`m not sure what the specific ingredients are in Gold Class but if you are concerned you could always switch to a car wash that has a polymer base to help rebuild the sealant you put on.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    i`ve found that blackfire car wash does not degrade the effect of the sealant at all....

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    While Deep Gloss Spray removes dust, fingerprints and surface smudges like a detail spray, it is actually an advanced polymer sealant in an easy-to-apply spray.Technically, Deep Gloss Spray is a spray wax but the truth is, there is no "wax" in the product. It contains the same fantastic gloss and bonding polymers used in BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection and Midnight Sun Paste Wax. Used routinely (after every wash) Deep Gloss Spray can extend the initial wax or sealant protection for up to a year! Use Deep Gloss Spray after washing or anytime to restore that ?just detailed?, wet-look sparkle.................
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for informing me about the Deep Gloss Spray..

Sounds like that is what I would need to use and do to keep that deep wet look on my black paint. However, since I already have the Blackfire product...I should just reseal it again maybe every few weeks or months... after a car wash of course...that would be even better than the Deep Gloss Spray I would think.
    I know typically you would polish and then seal...but to rejuvenate the wet look...
    Is it ok to use the Blackfire sealant without the polishing step?

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    While Deep Gloss Spray removes dust, fingerprints and surface smudges like a detail spray, it is actually an advanced polymer sealant in an easy-to-apply spray.Technically, Deep Gloss Spray is a spray wax but the truth is, there is no "wax" in the product. It contains the same fantastic gloss and bonding polymers used in BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection and Midnight Sun Paste Wax. Used routinely (after every wash) Deep Gloss Spray can extend the initial wax or sealant protection for up to a year! Use Deep Gloss Spray after washing or anytime to restore that ?just detailed?, wet-look sparkle.................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonyn View Post
    Sounds like that is what I would need to use and do to keep that deep wet look on my black paint. However, since I already have the Blackfire product...I should just reseal it again maybe every few weeks or months... after a car wash of course...that would be even better than the Deep Gloss Spray I would think.
    I know typically you would polish and then seal...but to rejuvenate the wet look...
    Is it ok to use the Blackfire sealant without the polishing step?
    The Deep Gloss Spray keeps the paint looking fresh between applications of sealant. Yes, you can apply Blackfire sealant without polishing. It`s called "layering". You can apply as many layers as you want, although most detailers believe that there is no real benefit after the third coat. (You can do it of course, if you just feel the need to "wax" something!):wink:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

TOGWT
    Providing the car wash solution is not to alkaline (pH 8 or so) it should not remove a wax / sealant, however a d-limonene (citrus-based) product probaly will (P21S Total Auto Wash or Chemical Guy`s Citrus Wash)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tested just about every soap I own over Blackfire and never noticed any of them to reduce the slickness of the product. It will withstand car washing no problem.

I have noticed with some previous bottles of Meg`s Gold Class that if you mix it a little too thick it doesn`t rinse away clean (it will almost make the water look like it`s sheeting off very slowly). I`m not saying this is problem, but rather trying to help trouble shoot, given the durability of the sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

I asked because after 1 or 2 car washes

and about 2 months later...the slickness is of course not the same as the day I completed the polishing and 2 coats of Blackfire...and I missed that slickness.
    I have to admit my black paint still looks "blacker" (slang ) then when I used other waxes..
    bottom line is Blackfire is pretty darn good...even after 2 months now.
    I`ll try backing off on the concentration of Meg`s Gold Class shampoo just in case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information