Thread: S100 thoughts

Post Thanks / Like

S100 thoughts

Okay, I`ve read about this debate all over the place (and I don`t care for having the debate take place here) but I just wanted to know if anyone REALLY knows if S100 and P21`s is the same product and if not, does anyone have extensive experience using them both, can talk to me about their differences.

I picked up some S100 in a trade recently and I`ve yet to try it (along with FMJ) and prior to giving it a try I wanted to ask opinions on what people thought about it.

Would you say it is a beauty wax? Does it look like P21`s? If not, why not? Easy to apply, hard to apply, staining???

I probably won`t get to it until next weekend, but I`m just curious as to what your opinions might be. Thanks.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not used S100 but I have used P21S. I have asked this same question to Phil at PAC. He said he believed the two related pre wax cleaners are the same but came short of saying the waxes were the same. P21S applied much like the Blackfire waxes, WOWO. Very easy to apply and remove. P21S did not stain my black trim. I used it over KLASSE because David B used this combo as his "perfect shine". Anyway I have had better results as far as shine goes with Blackfire. I thought the KLASSE and P21S made my car look like 2% milk. It`s not bad, but Blackfire is better. At the time, I had only compared it to my previous fave combo of FMJ and batch 23. Now I`ve tried the Wet Diamond/Midnight Sun combo and love that too. I`m sorry I can`t speak for the differences in the waxes but I would imagine if there is a difference, that P21S would be the premium of the two. Having said that, I think Blackfire is better than P21S. I am curious to see what you find about the S100.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used S100 a few times (a couple years back) and walked away each time very underwelmed. It went on and off like butter, but other than that I found it`s looks unimpressive, slickness poor and durability seriously lacking. I`ve used it on a few metallics, black and red. I thought Collinite 845 was better in every regard (looks, slickness, DURABILITY) except ease of use. It did bead very nicely initially though.

I wouldn`t mind using it again for old times sake (I traded it to my cousin, and I`m pretty sure he still has it), maybe I`ll give it a shot once my car is out of the body shop and well prepped.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had use the S100 Total Cycle Cleaner and P21S Total Auto Wash and found them equal in strength and cleanability.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    s100= p21s
    p21s= s100

used them both cant tell a diffrance, except s100 is nicer on the wallet. :thumbup:

nuff said

let us hope the debate ends one day or im going to go ut:

Post Thanks / Like
    I asked the p21s rep at the autogeek detail fest this same quesiton two years ago. I believe his name was Steve. He said that p21s, soverign, lusso oro, and trade secert where all identical and that he makes them all. He said that s100 was very similar but slightly different.

I use p21s next to soverign and cannot tell a differne. same application. same removal. same look. I am suprised this is allowed cause it is bull****.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swirlhider View Post
    I asked the p21s rep at the autogeek detail fest this same quesiton two years ago. I believe his name was Steve. He said that p21s, soverign, lusso oro, and trade secert where all identical and that he makes them all. He said that s100 was very similar but slightly different.

I use p21s next to soverign and cannot tell a differne. same application. same removal. same look. I am suprised this is allowed cause it is bull****.
    The same guy, told this exact thing to me at the same event.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swirlhider View Post

Are you talking about Pinnacle Souver?n wax? That`s like $95 compared to P21S at thirty something. Hmmmm.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Subscribed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Souveran looks wetter on my black paint than any of the P21s products. imo

P21s 100% I`ve found last longer than Souveran, regular P21s, and S100. I haven`t tried the other so I have no idea about them.

Thread Information