Post Thanks / Like

Polish before Klasse AIO

I am looking for a recomendation for a polish/cleaner to use before applying Klasse AIO. I need to remove minor swirls and stains that AIO is unable to take care of. The polish should not have any glazes or fillers since AIO will just remove them when applied. I will apply the polish with a PC and white pad. than AIO with a green pad followed by BF wax.

Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Menzerma IP, or PB 2.5 should do the trick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aren`t your pads backwards? If LC pads, the green is more aggressive than the white - so I`d use the green with the polish (PO203 comes to mind), followed by KAIO with the white or even a black pad. Top with a nice `nuba, and you`re golden!

EDIT: I think the PAC site might be wrong on its list...

See here:

http://www.properautocare.com/oeccste65inf.html

White is polishing, Green is less aggressive "mild polishing"

And compare to here:

http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/ccsfoampads.html

Green is "heavy polishing," White is less aggressive "polishing"

Post Thanks / Like
    There are 2 green pads. One is heavy polish (coarse foam) and a light polishing (small cell foam).

Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    There are 2 green pads. One is heavy polish (coarse foam) and a light polishing (small cell foam).
    You`ve gotta be kidding (but I realize you`re not - thanks for the info!) ... man was that a monumentally bad idea. They`re even (almost) visually identical when you have them side by side. ut:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replys. I listed the pads I use and their descriptions.
    What product is PB2.5?

Thanks

White CCS Polishing Pad - The most often used pad. This pad has a mild cutting (cleaning) action and should be used to apply light compounds, polishes and one-step, cleaner/waxes. Use this Hi-Gloss White, CCS Polishing Pad with BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish or Menzerna Final Polish II to maximize surface gloss. This pad also works for applying one-step, polish/sealants like Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

Green CCS German Polishing Pad - This green pad is designed for applying a final or finishing polish to remove light swirls, paint defects and for gloss restoration. This pad is also recommended for applying one-step, cleaner/sealants like Klasse All-In-One and Menzerna One-step, Acrylic Jacket. It is a high strength foam with 60 pores per sq. inch yet is softer and more forgiving than our regular foams. It is designed to be used with an orbital polisher (like the Porter Cable 7424) but can be used with a circular polisher if the speed is kept around 1000 rpm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by klenj View Post
    What product is PB2.5?

Poorboy`s World Super Swirl Remover 2.5, Medium Abrasive.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had great results with Optimum Polish and Menzerna FP using white CCS pads. FP has better finish; OP is easier to use, faster, almost as good finish-wise as FP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboy`s Pro Polish, you can vary it`s "cut" and cleaning with the choice of pad. AFAIK, it leaves zero protection, fillers, etc. behind.

I also like Optimum Polish, but not really sure about what, if anything, it leaves behind. Though for your purposes that point is mute since you are going to be following with KAIO.

I`m currently experimenting with a "concoction" which includes both of the above polishes plus a third. My goal is to reach a nice medium of working time between the OP and the PP, and still deriving the benefit of PP`s paint cleaning capability.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post

Thanks Al for posting that. I wasn`t which green pads I had until I saw this post! :cornut:

Thread Information