Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Wet Diamond Review (with Pics No 56k)

Background

For those who`ve read my posts in the past know that at times I can be a tad "controversial" as far as some of my views on detailing products and their claims. I have NO problem calling a product a dud, if I think it is a dud.

In addition, I have NO affiliation to CMA or this website, so I consider this a completely unbiased review of Blackfire Wet Diamond.

I purchased the product from the PAC website and the transaction was smooth and without any issues. In fact, they gave me a 10% credit which I didn`t put in at time of purchase but made them aware of immediately thereafter (can you say good customer service). The product came ase expected with a yellow applicator pad.

I used the product today, on my wife`s 2007 silver Honda CR-V which is her daily driver and is parked in the elements 24/7.

Here was my entire process so you can see how I got to the end result:

1. Washed with Meguiars GC wash, lambswool mit and three buckets (one for wheels and tires). Separate wash tools for wheels and tires.

2. Dried with a Meguiars Water Magnet.

3. Clayed with Riccardo Yellow Clay and ONR diluted to QD strength.

4. G110 + M80 over entire car with a new Megs 8006 pad at speed setting 5.

5. ISA wipedown. Paint looked good and is defect free. I used M80 more as a cleaner than for correction.

6. Blackfire Wet Diamond applied with my G110 a brand new Megs 9006 pad at speed setting 4.

7. 303 Protectant on plastic trim.

8. GC High Gloss on Tires and Megs Hyperdressing for the wells.

9. M205 + G110 + LC 4" CCS White Pad on front and rear lights (KBM) - speed setting 5.

10. M83 and Mother`s mini power ball for tail pipe.

Blackfire Wet Diamond

I`ve used many products in my time, both OTC and "boutique" and thus far have found my overall favorite to be NXT 2.0 with a close second from Collinite 845. My reasons for liking NXT are ease of application, ease of removal, price and look.

So, lets get to the nitty gritty. Putting BF Wetdiamond on the car was easier than easy. In fact, it goes on so easy, I thought "maybe I`m using too little product".

Someone recently said this stuff is "bubba proof" and boy was that the right thing to say. Just in case I was using to little, I tried one pass with A LOT of product on my pad and it still went on AMAZING.

So, how did it come off? Like a dream. Simply incredible. Dare I say, application was as easy or easier than my fave, NXT 2.0. I kept going back to check my work to be certain I was actually removing all of the product because I had a hard time believing it was coming off so easy.

I even played around with the drying times. I let one panel sit for about a 1/2 hour (which is not following instructions) but it still came off like a dream.

Staining

From what I saw, there was NO staining. Again, comparing to my fave, this is a big improvement.

Looks

I pulled the car out of the garage on took a gander and I was really liking what I saw. I`m not saying that I definitely think it looks better than anything before, but it looks at least as good, if not better. The gloss is truly magnificent.

THE FEEL OF THE PAINT - POST LSP

All I can say is HOLY CR*P!!! Never and I mean NEVER, have I ever felt my paint this slick. Someone once said "slick as snot" slick and that is what my paint feels like. In the recent past, here are some prodcuts I`ve used:

NXT 2.0
    Collinite 845
    Collinite 476s
    Poorboys EX-P
    Pete`s 53
    Victoria`s Red
    GC Wax
    KSG
    Nano Seal
    Natty`s Blue
    D151

Nothing made my paint as slick as the BF did after it was applied and removed. I brought wifey outside to ask her about the looks and she said "it looked the same as other times" but it felt much "silkier" (if that`s a word). She noticed right away. In fact, a few times after I applied it, I had to lean my body up against the car and I`ve never had that feeling like you could slide off your own car, like I did today! It was amazing. It almost feels like there is zero friction between the paint and any other surface.

It is probably the single most impressive feature about the product, even though everything else about it is also VERY impressive.

Price

I think the stock price on this product is $29.99 from PAC but believe it or not there is an internet vendor in Canada that sells it for less. Having said that, NXT 2.0 is $27.99 in Canada, so if I`m being completely fair, if I were to buy both products in Canada, Blackfire is ACTUALLY CHEAPER!!!!

Don`t get me wrong, I still LOVE NXT but I have a NEW FAVORITE LSP.

In my UNBIASED opinion, this is one product I feel really lived up to the hype. I`m happy with the purchase and I think the good folks at PAC have a winner on their hands. Todd Helme also gave me a lot of help over PM about how best to approach the product but the best thing he said was something to the effect of ... "just go out and use the product, it is meant to be easy to use".

That is a 100% accurate statement. I have often said, if I need a Ph.D. to use a particular LSP than it is not for me. Plain and simply, I`m a steak and potatoes kind of guy and I like my LSP to be easy to use.

Below I`ll attach some pics of the finished product. Keep in mind this is wifey`s DD which drives around a 4 year old and a 2 year old so I`m not going for "show car" results.

Some side reflection shots

Sun off the front hood

Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome job, but I`m tired of seeing the CR-V! Show the IS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Termigator View Post
    Awesome job, but I`m tired of seeing the CR-V! Show the IS!!
    LOL! The IS is even worse for such things because it is white. Although I have Wolfgang 3.0 and FMJ up for testing so I`ll probably write a product review for one of them on my IS with pics.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

...I consider this a completely unbiased review of Blackfire Wet Diamond. I purchased the problem from the PAC website

When I read that I thought uh-oh - but you meant PRODUCT. LOL :thumbup:
    Dave - confirmed egotist

Auto Detailing - Cuz you want to be noticed!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by egoXtension View Post
    ...I consider this a completely unbiased review of Blackfire Wet Diamond. I purchased the problem from the PAC website

When I read that I thought uh-oh - but you meant PRODUCT. LOL :thumbup:
    It seems dyslexia accompanies my general stupidity!!!

Yup... that`s what I meant... changed it now. Thanks for the heads up. You got the gist anyway... great product.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review! Excellent pics.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for sharing your review about Blackfire Wet Diamond, All finish Paint Protection User Name. Great review and pictures.:thumbup:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    As luck would have it, wifey and I took the kids out for ice cream at about 7pm and while we were at DQ at silver CR-V (same model line) parks beside me. Car was clean although probably a drive through wash as the plastic was not treated and the windows were not clean on the inside etc...

In any event, I had a good chance to compare the finishes. Obviously the prep on wifey`s CR-V counts a lot, but the difference was pretty remarkable.

The best way to describe it, is that it was like looking at two pictures, one which was photoshopped to look better than the other. The way the sun was just gleaming of wifey`s ride was just astounding.

BF Wet Diamond will remain a permanent fixture in my arsenal.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    As luck would have it, wifey and I took the kids out for ice cream at about 7pm and while we were at DQ at silver CR-V (same model line) parks beside me. Car was clean although probably a drive through wash as the plastic was not treated and the windows were not clean on the inside etc...

In any event, I had a good chance to compare the finishes. Obviously the prep on wifey`s CR-V counts a lot, but the difference was pretty remarkable.

The best way to describe it, is that it was like looking at two pictures, one which was photoshopped to look better than the other. The way the sun was just gleaming of wifey`s ride was just astounding.

BF Wet Diamond will remain a permanent fixture in my arsenal.
    Now you know how I do it

Thanks for the review, esp because I know it is honest.

The two things I am looking forward to is hearing about the update to the durablity, (my wife`s car is going past 6 months and still beading in tight little drops, although they don`t run of the paint as quickly anymore) and if you noticed whether the surface felt slicker on day two.

I personally notice a pretty radical increase in slickness from day one to day two.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post
    Now you know how I do it

Thanks for the review, esp because I know it is honest.

The two things I am looking forward to is hearing about the update to the durablity, (my wife`s car is going past 6 months and still beading in tight little drops, although they don`t run of the paint as quickly anymore) and if you noticed whether the surface felt slicker on day two.

I personally notice a pretty radical increase in slickness from day one to day two.

Well, I`ll keep you updated as to my findings on durability, although to be completely honest, that is the area that is the least of my concerns. I like to put an LSP on my cars at least every 6 weeks (or sooner, except in the winter). Frankly, BFWD is SOOOOO easy to use, I could wax my entire car in about 10 minutes and remove it in about another 10. That is hardly work.

Oh... thought of another interesting thing which will probably impact durability. Normally I clean my pads by hand with some "fragrance free" clothing detergent. Normally I have NO problem cleaning out my LSP pad. Not last night, though!!! The BFWD dedicated pad would NOT come clean until I busted out the Dawn and the scrub brush.

Makes me think it is going to be pretty durable on the car. I`m hoping to do a QD wipedown when I get home today and maybe throw another coat on it. Not sure I`ll have time but I`ll see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent review, UN! You have covered all the bases.

Clearly Wet Diamond has impressed you, and I know that is not an easy thing to do.

I just ordered a bottle of Wet Diamond and look forward to trying it out. I just have to try the Fire & Ice combo.

Cheers,
    Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by akimel View Post
    Excellent review, UN! You have covered all the bases.

Clearly Wet Diamond has impressed you, and I know that is not an easy thing to do.

I just ordered a bottle of Wet Diamond and look forward to trying it out. I just have to try the Fire & Ice combo.

Cheers,
    Al
    LOL!!! So I`m a bit of a hard a$$, what`s wrong with that??? LOL

I`m waiting for one of your nicely detailed, well written reviews on the fire and ice combo. Now that BFWD is as good as it is, I may have to get into a bit of fire and ice action as well!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote UN - "if I need a Ph.D. to use a particular LSP than it is not for me"
    I agree 100% and I`m the guy that said BF was "Bubba proof". I don`t care how great it looks and or how much or little it costs - if it`s a PITA to use, I can`t stand it. My search for the best all round LSP ended after I tried BF.

The CR-V looks great. And funny how things happen - my oldest is getting her drivers permit (please pray) in Sept and the CR-V is on her list of cars -although we have a year to go on that. I kind of like the idea of her sitting up higher and Honda`s safety/reliability too. And they won`t let me have a used Abrams M1A1........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    I agree 100% and I`m the guy that said BF was "Bubba proof". I don`t care how great it looks and or how much or little it costs - if it`s a PITA to use, I can`t stand it. My search for the best all round LSP ended after I tried BF.

The CR-V looks great. And funny how things happen - my oldest is getting her drivers permit (please pray) in Sept and the CR-V is on her list of cars -although we have a year to go on that. I kind of like the idea of her sitting up higher and Honda`s safety/reliability too. And they won`t let me have a used Abrams M1A1........

JB,

Your quote about "bubba proof" is about as accurate as anything I`ve read on a detailing site.

I HATE when I read something about a particular product only to try it and find out you need to "apply like this" or "use like this" or "wait unitl the humidity is a 44.6%" blah, blah, blah....

Thanks for your original review, it was VERY valuable!

As for the CR-V... great little SUV. Ours is about 2 1/2 years old and thus far it has only been regular oil changes for service. Wifey loves it, the kids love, it`s great in the snow, my only knock on it is that when we bought it the fuel mileage was listed as 22/28mpg, which was later amended to a lower number. I would say that considering that it is a 4 banger, it is only average in terms of the fuel consumption (we had an Accord which was much better).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post

If they balk at the Abrams, maybe you can get a Sherman.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information