Post Thanks / Like

Help with Blackfire

I am using the Blackfire Spray Gloss Detailer and am having trouble with the removal leaving streaks, using Cobra Plush towel, following the directions but no luck.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jking View Post
    I am using the Blackfire Spray Gloss Detailer and am having trouble with the removal leaving streaks, using Cobra Plush towel, following the directions but no luck.
    First off, I think your problem is that your MF is doing it to you (streaking). Maybe not washing it right or putting it in a dryer with bounce sheets?
    You might want to wash it in Micro-Restore and don`t put it a dryer. Just hang it to dry. And I recommend using the Dragon Fibre Magic Towel or the
    Perfect Shine Microfiber Buffing Cloth`s. or Maybe you are spraying too much
    BLACKFIRE Deep Gloss (Spray) Sealant when your using it. But I think my first
    though is right.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Many detail sprays will streak if they are applied in direct sunlight when the paint surface is hot. Also high humidity conditions can cause streaking.

So make sure you are using your detailer in the shade, out of direct sunlight. :thumbup: (Not much you can do about humidity)
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have found that I get light streaks if I use too much product. Try a light mist per panel, spread, then flip the towel and wipe dry. Less is more in this case, but I haven`t had any streaks that didn`t wipe right off. What product are you applying it over?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have it going over Wolfgang 3.0 x1, Fuzion x2. I tried it today with my Dragon Fibre miricle towel and it was beter but still alot of effort to remove. I wash my towels in Microrestore or pinnacle for mf and dry on low heat no fabric softner.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have it going over Wolfgang 3.0 x1, Fuzion x2. I tried it today with my Dragon Fibre miricle towel and it was beter but still alot of effort to remove. I wash my towels in Microrestore or pinnacle for mf and dry on low heat no fabric softner.

It is very wierd that you are having this problem. My first rule of thumb is to always trouble shoot technique. I doubt this is the problem based on your previous exprience. Then we can begin to pick at other factors. I have found Blackfire easy to use over anything, so I strongly doubt it is the products you have on the paint. I am slightly perplexed, although I could be an issue with Fuzion, it doesn`t seem likely.

Are the streaks more like little lines, or like wax smearing?

Thread Information