Post Thanks / Like

Fire and Ice: Is it really different?

I am tempted, friends, by the photographs and testimonies; but I still remain skeptical. Is the Wet Diamond sealant/Midnight Sun carnauba wax combination really deeper, wetter, richer than two coats of Midnight Sun all by its lonesome? Have you tried the products both ways? Do you really see a difference and improvement of the Fire and Ice combo over Midnight Sun (2x)? Really and truly, like in "Cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye" really and truly.

If yes, can you put the differences into words? I`d ask for pictures, but I doubt that photos can capture the differences, but if you have some that confirm the differences, I`d love to see them.

Thanks for your help.

Al

P.S. My car is solid black!

Post Thanks / Like
    akimel,

I don`t know if I am going to stick a needle in my eye, but I can tell you that my car is the most boring color of white possible, and I have never had more compliments than when I use Blackfire wax. It simply makes my Jetta sparkle, and that`s hard to do. I tried Klasse and P21S, which some will say is fantastic combo, but I think the Blackfire speaks for itself. I love it.

If you want to see a black car that kicks but, check out this thread.

http://truthindetailing.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=779
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by akimel View Post
    I am tempted, friends, by the photographs and testimonies; but I still remain skeptical. Is the Wet Diamond sealant/Midnight Sun carnauba wax combination really deeper, wetter, richer than two coats of Midnight Sun all by its lonesome?
    Well looks are always subjective, but I wouldn`t say it is that much wetter, deeper, richer, but I do notice a difference in the gloss. While these products work together, and in my experience, work better together then any wax and sealant combo in use, you are still topping a sealant with a carnauba, so most of the look is going to be carnauba based. The Midnight Sun B24 will be going on a better looking surface (courtesy of Wet Diamond). Remember that a lot of work went into designing each product to be best in class by itself, and if you know what other waxes Terry soley developed, then you know why we feel this way!

Have you tried the products both ways? Do you really see a difference and improvement of the Fire and Ice combo over Midnight Sun (2x)? Really and truly, like in "Cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye" really and truly.

Of course I have, but I am also crazy. Again I notice a difference because you applying the carnauba over a better looking surface, same as applying it over a waxed surface. Wet Diamond, by itself, is a pretty amazing sealant, in terms of ease of use, looks, and durability. I really feel, in my experience, that it creates a unique, crystal like (wet diamond even?) appearance that has great depth for a sealant and a very high gloss.

Midnight Sun is designed with a specific German Super Polymer and agents to allow it bond over most other sealants on the market. In my testing, I have yet to find any wax that works as well as Midnight Sun B24 over a variety of sealants. It will really bond in over the slickest surfaces.

With most wax over sealant combos, you don`t get a full synergistic effect. A sealant that lasts 3 months, topped with a wax that lasts for 1 month, rarely lasts for 4 months. 3+1 is usually much less then 4. In fact in most cases, because of chemical and solvent incompatibility, the application of the wax my weaken the sealant, effecting total durability. Even worse, most of the wax will probably not bond over the sealant, so you get a slight (if any) improvement in looks that lasts a very short time, and the total durability is negatively effected.

The Blackfire products are designed to work together, so you will get the full benefits of the wax, and it will provide a sacrificial barrier over the sealant with out negatively effecting the durability.

If yes, can you put the differences into words? I`d ask for pictures, but I doubt that photos can capture the differences, but if you have some that confirm the differences, I`d love to see them.

Thanks for your help.

Al

P.S. My car is solid black!
    I can share my photo`s with you, but I have also had an insignificant, uneducated (in terms of photo`s) twerp try to discredit me by talking out of his second hole. I have always said pictures can be deceiving, although I can tell you, long before I provided technical support for Proper Auto Care or moderated their forum, I was using the combination. Anybody that truly knows me knows that I have been searching for the best products I can, and I try them all.

If I didn`t believe in them, I wouldn`t use them on 90% of my details, where my true reputation is at stake. Nice photographs or not, my clients see my cars, and my work and the results of these products speak for themselves in this case.

The over all look is going to be carnauba with a gloss like you have never seen.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d like to add that although I`m a "sealant" guy and I think BF is the best, topping with Midnight Sun (1st tried on a black Jag) really did add to the look. The only thing that I noticed was that it wasn`t quite as slick as just sealant only. But, they`re both so easy to use!

El Presidente
    Post Thanks / Like
    Al,
    Thanks for your question and at the risk of stepping out on to the proverbial branch with saw in hand, let me re-emphasize our goals as a company and as a community. We really want our customers to trust what we say as ?truth? and not just more advertising or marketing as many businesses do. We are in the process of going through every page on our site and checking to make sure, the reviews or descriptions are still accurate. Properautocare.com has been on line for over ten years now and some of our pages needed to be updated. We have added a ?Give Us Your Feedback? section to the bottom of every page with a direct email back to me. We invite our community to point out errors or difficulties if they find them.
    The look of our Midnight Sun Carnauba wax over our Wet Diamond AFPP really is stunning. Remember, we were one of the first, if not the first site to promote using our, at that time, wax over Klasse AIO. At the time, it was an incredible look and still is considered quite good. We developed Wet Diamond AFPP to be easy to apply, remove, and leave a finish that mimicked carnauba as close as humanly possible. We succeeded on all counts, read the testimonials on this site. The only area we wanted to improve was durability. With the addition of Polycharger in mid 2008, we addressed this issue. Midnight Sun was developed and tested to be easy to apply, remove and create a very ?wet?, ?shimmering? look. We also paid special attention to how it reacted when applied over a sealant. The results were, in our opinion, truly amazing. If you are interested in trying the ?Wet-Ice Over Fire? Shine kit, it will only run you about $90 after using your 10% TID member discount. If you do not like it or think it does not perform as we have said, I will refund your purchase price of the product. Like the cereal add says??try it, you?ll like it?. Thanks again.
    jk

TOGWT
    [...and at the risk of stepping out on to the proverbial branch with saw in hand, let me re-emphasize our goals as a company and as a community. We really want our customers to trust what we say as ?truth? and not just more advertising or marketing as many businesses do. We are in the process of going through every page on our site and checking to make sure, the reviews or descriptions are still accurate. Properautocare.com has been on line for over ten years now and some of our pages needed to be updated. We have added a ?Give Us Your Feedback? section to the bottom of every page with a direct email back to me. We invite our community to point out errors or difficulties if they find them] Jack

I`m sure these worthy goals are something most TID contributors will support wholeheartedly

El Presidente
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jon, we greatly appreciate your input on our community boards. Every time you post the correct species name, [lecia nearctica Hardy] I envision a scientist, white lab coat and all saying..."ah yes, the ole Plecia nearctica Hard, nasty creature, nasty, nasty, nasty".\
    Thanks
    jk

Post Thanks / Like
    Jack, you sold me! My next order will include Wet Diamond sealant. I will just have to try out the Fire & Ice combo and see for myself. :thumbup:

Post Thanks / Like

Combo

I have used the combo on my wife`s red Camry. It sure made the red look wet and glossy. I applied the combo in August 08 and her car has been outside most of the time since and it is still beading and shining. I have been impressed with the length of time the protection has lasted. I think you will like the combo. Good luck.

Thread Information