Thread: Rejex

Post Thanks / Like

Rejex

It`s love bug season again in Florida! I`ve used the Rejex product now for over 8 years on the front fascia and mirrors as a precaution to having these nasty bugs stick to my paint and cause damage. Rejex is awesome. It was developed by the aerospace/military industry to protect painted surfaces from damage and discoloration due to jet engine exhaust and heat. An added benefit is that it leaves a mirror finish to the paint finish! Literally nothing sticks to it. Any bugs or bug residue (i.e. do-do) simply wipes clean with a damp cloth. Application is easy as well. Wipe on....wipe off with ease. The only caveat is that it needs to stay out of direct sunlight to cure for 12 hours. I highly recommend this application if you want to protect your paint against bugs and the elements. You can read about the product at their website: rejex.com.

Post Thanks / Like
    ya, About a year ago I invested in a bug shield for my truck so bug guts dont get on the paint.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Rejex is not a bad product. I tested it against Zaino Z2Pro last year and found it to be pretty good. Rejex didn`t shine as well or last as long as Zaino but it was pretty competitive and much better than your typical store bought wax.

I used it on the front of my truck and, again, not bad but no better than Zaino in terms of protection against bugs and other road crud.

I do not care for the long crosslinking time, not getting the vehicle wet or anything for 12 hours is not very practical. This is an old skool polymer system and there are much more modern sealants on the market.

It`s too bad Rejex never developed companion products for their sealant. The company really isn`t into the car care business so I would not expect to see a shampoo or light polish from them.

For those who have Zaino or a similar product, I don`t see the need for Rejex. But for those who want to try something like this, it`s probably worth the $20 or so for a bottle of Rejex. Just remember, its a stand alone product. You will need many more products to use with it during your detailing routine.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Thread Information