Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

what i`ve learned...

since joining this forum and becoming interested in detailing cars, that a clean car isn`t necessarily a clean car. i`m so impressed with the work that you pros do to cars to really make them clean and spotless that my car will never be the clean and freshly detailed car that you guys get paid to do. i now know that when i see a clean car on the street the first thing i look for is wash swirls, if it has them then it really isn`t perfect...

Post Thanks / Like
    Now my 7 year old little girl spots vehicles with swirls and scratches, and makes comments about them. Funny thing is, she can work a DA better than 99% of the people out there(not detailers)

Post Thanks / Like
    Solid! :notworthy:
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Chapman View Post
    Now my 7 year old little girl spots vehicles with swirls and scratches, and makes comments about them. Funny thing is, she can work a DA better than 99% of the people out there(not detailers)

Gorgeous Girl Nick, you are training her well :thumbup: I have always found that if I could make the `wifes` see the swirls I had a customer for life

Post Thanks / Like
    My 15 year old daughter goes to car shows with me and with the owner of the car standing right there she will start pointing out all the defects in the paint - swirls, holograms, dirty engines etc. It`s hilarious watching the look on the owner`s face when she does that, especially when we walk away and watch them try to see what she sees.
    Phil
    2002 Silver Audi S8
    "I raced back in a time when racing was dangerous, and sex was safe." - Sir Jackie Stewart
    ProperAutoCare
    Manufacturer of Blackfire and Eimann Fabrik

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverS8 View Post
    My 15 year old daughter goes to car shows with me and with the owner of the car standing right there she will start pointing out all the defects in the paint - swirls, holograms, dirty engines etc. It`s hilarious watching the look on the owner`s face when she does that, especially when we walk away and watch them try to see what she sees.
    Glad I`m not the only one.

The only problem for me is that I drive down the freeway and it`s all that I see.

Swirl...

Swirl...

Holograms...

Swirl...

D!Tail Guru
    TSGAutoCare
    Salt Lake City, Utah

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    ...when i see a clean car on the street the first thing i look for is wash swirls, if it has them then it really isn`t perfect...
    Even worse is a car with "buffer trails"! I saw a car this weekend... The really proud owner of a shiny black Mercedes that was just "professionally polished" by the dealer.... nearly ruined by buffer trails/burns!!!

The car`s owner thought it looked great. How could he not see the trails, even in direct sunlight?????

I told him to take the car back and have the dealer re-paint it!

He still thinks it looks great.:cursing:Stop [I`m not understanding.]
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that`s cute. :thumbup:
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like

you let her practice on the bimmer nick....kewl

Post Thanks / Like
    everyone thinks a clean car is the best it ever gets, wrong!
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone, please show me what a "hologram" looks like, and what do you pros do about it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucson buffer View Post
    Can someone, please show me what a "hologram" looks like, and what do you pros do about it?

Holograms or buffer trails can be caused by a variety of poor techniques using a rotary polisher, but generally by aggressive polishing/compounding not followed by a finish polish. Using the correct polish/pad/speed/technique for the given job/paint will help avoid and/or remove holograms. Well that`s the abridged version.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink View Post
    Holograms or buffer trails can be caused by a variety of poor techniques using a rotary polisher, but generally by aggressive polishing/compounding not followed by a finish polish. Using the correct polish/pad/speed/technique for the given job/paint will help avoid and/or remove holograms. Well that`s the abridged version.
    Excellent description!:thumbup:
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    you let her practice on the bimmer nick....kewl
    This is a buddies car. He brought it over, needing some oxidation removed. Trust me when I sat that there is no way should could of hurt this vehicle anymore than it already was. This thing was trashed! That quarter in the picture, was the best looking part of the entire car

She does good though, I let her work on our cars, and the van. I figure in about a year, she`ll be trustworthy enough to work on customers cars. She really does understand what she`s doing, and she really can make an improvement on a vehicle. She doesn`t just move the DA across the paint. She works the product in, and removes defects. At the moment, her biggest "before/after" is oxidation, but she`s getting it.

You should have seen her when my buddy came and picked up his bimmer, she was telling him how much work she put into it, and not to ever look like that again I was so proud! :cornut:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    Excellent description!:thumbup:
    Thanks man!

I should have said too that I have had good luck removing holograms with my PC and Menzerna PO85 or FPII. PO85RD is my new go to finish polish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information