Post Thanks / Like

what products seem to be easiest to use?

I am looking at getting a flex da w/ pads, etc. What I was wondering is what products are the easiest to use with great results? Menzerna? Zaino? Or what? Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
    scotty

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Prima line is pretty easy to use. It doesn`t take much pressure to produce great results. That`s with an RO though. Rotary makes it a little different. I think I`m going to try the Menzerna stuff here soon as well!

D!
    D!Tail Guru
    TSGAutoCare
    Salt Lake City, Utah

Post Thanks / Like
    i like blackfire products
    you can get far in life with a nice word and a gun than with a nice word...... Friends help you move. Real friends help you move dead bodies.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scottybob1 View Post
    I am looking at getting a flex da w/ pads, etc. What I was wondering is what products are the easiest to use with great results? Menzerna? Zaino? Or what? Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
    scotty
    Well there isn`t a easy way here, it all depend on the finish of the vehicle and a lot of vehicle finishes are different, so for me as a starter kit I would go with Meguir`s M105 and M205, and also you can go with Menzerna SIP and 106FA with 85RD / 87MC. To finish it off I would go with BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond, All Finish Paint Protection and top it with BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax for that awesome shine. Hopes this helps you out.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you mean by "easy"? The least amount of physical work? No brainer products? Stuff that takes little skill and knowledge?

Product lines like Zaino are very easy physically but take more brain power to get the most out of it. A simple one step product like Mothers cleaner wax is pretty easy to apply. Just about any store bought product is easy if you don`t want to figure out how to get the most out of it.

Your top notch products are all going to require some experience and knowledge of how to get the most out of them. Just about any car care product will work well if you know how to use it to its fullest. If you are looking for the Honda Civic of car wax, do not expect Ferrari performance or results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and re: the Flex, I`ve been using polishers for 25 years and found the Flex to be one of the most challenging machines I`ve ever used. Going back to a rotary with a wool pad was like heaven by comparison.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BretFraz View Post
    Oh, and re: the Flex, I`ve been using polishers for 25 years and found the Flex to be one of the most challenging machines I`ve ever used. Going back to a rotary with a wool pad was like heaven by comparison.
    Love my rotary too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Love my rotary too.
    i`m just learning how to use it but it puts a shine on like nothing i`ve seen...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    i`m just learning how to use it but it puts a shine on like nothing i`ve seen...
    Wait till you get more better at it, it`s going to be your go to machine forever.

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as machines go, I have a PC and a Flex, sold my Makita rotary and never missed it. But, anyone starting out - if you can get another detailer to give you a little hands on experience with their tools (on your car) - I think you`d find something that feels natural to you. I know I can put them all in the 10 ring with a 357 or Colt 1911, but give me a Baretta 92 and I`d miss a Suburban at point blank range!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a PC as well and so far I love Optimum Polish II. I just picked up some Optimum Compound II also and so far that`s as easy to use as the Polish. OPII is so versatile also which is a major plus.
    I also love Klasse AIO which is super easy to use and really leaves a great finish. I use it on my wife`s Acura and it holds up great. My Cobra is getting DoDo Juice Purple Haze right now which is another very easy to use product. My only complaint is that it stains the heck out of all my MF`s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2003 Ford SVT Cobra # 4635
    585 RWHP on pump fuel! Brought to you by Matt Hill Motorsports!

Thread Information