Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

What is your favorite wax?

Just as the title suggests, what is your favorite wax? I`m a big fan of dodo supernatural...

Post Thanks / Like
    black fire
    you can get far in life with a nice word and a gun than with a nice word...... Friends help you move. Real friends help you move dead bodies.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Agree. Nuba Blackfire over the sealant is for real.

Post Thanks / Like
    Going strictly by usage, I`ll have say FMJ. Easy on, easy off, just like my other favorite, Blackfire sealant, but FMJ seems to have an extra sparkle to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by artofdetail View Post
    Just as the title suggests, what is your favorite wax? I`m a big fan of dodo supernatural...
    I have SO MANY that I cannot even begin to start the list, although I`ll try! I am also a BIG fan of Dodo Supernatural, in fact I worked with the original seller of Dodo Juice in the USA, Dan Wendell and was a partner in DodoJuiceUSA. .Hopefully I can provide some insight on that great product line if you have any questions.

Blackfire Wet Ice over Fire (the combination kit consisting of both Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant and Blackfire Midnight Sun Carnauba Wax, batch #24) is probably may favorite at the moment. VERY deep, reflective, wet, glossy, with very good durability

Favorite Sealants :

Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant: Probably the easiest wipe on, wipe off sealant I have ever used, on properly prepped paint. Very deep, easy on, easy, off, very slick, and great durability I do wish it was more complicated and not so easy, but I find very little to find wrong with it.

Werkstatt Prime and Werkstatt Acrylic Jett Trigger: The Acrylic Jett Trigger can be applied like a quick detailer and provides 4-6 months of durability and great water beading. Werkstatt Prime (like Klasse AIO) cleans everything, removes oxidation, makes trim black, I mean you can use it just about everything besides the tires. The look is very shiny, but doesn`t have great depth (although a carnauba topper is the ticket!) Killer on silver, white, and metal flakes!

Zaino (Z2pro or Z5pro): Great candy shell look with amazing durability Some people hate on Zaino lovers, but very few hate on Zaino, and for good reason. Great water beading, great shine, and top shelf durability! The only downside is that the prep before applying requires slightly more time, and some people don`t like mixing the catalyzer.

Meguiars M21 V2: Good depth, good shine, good durability, and great wetness in my experience. M21 noticeably deepens the paint and darkens the shine, making it great on darker colors. I find that it doesn`t seem to last as long as some of my other favorites, although I wouldn`t say it lacks durability

Favorite Waxes: (I generally use waxes as toppers to sealants, except in rare occasions, so my results vary often)

Blackfire Midnight Sun, Batch #24: This is obvious considering I am in love with the sealant, and I find the way it is engineered and formulated together really produces an amazing, 3 dimension look. When I tested the wax by itself the look was miles deep and very wet.

P21s 100%: Liquid clarity is the two works I would use to define this wax. It looks like razor sharp reflections under a pool of pure water. It`s just such a cool effect that I was hooked the first time I used it. I haven`t found it to last particularly long.

Collonite #915: Super durability with that thick sheet of glass look.

There are so many more, but I don`t want to get carried away!! Also, like any product junkie, my list to subject to daily changes!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Got to have RED as in Natty`s Red Poorboy`s wax

Post Thanks / Like
    I am also a fan of P21S Concours and 100%

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m really happy with the Prima Line (Epic, Banana Gloss, Hydro)

I am very interested in trying the Blackfire stuff!

I used to be a diehard Zaino guy as well. It`s great stuff!

D!
    D!Tail Guru
    TSGAutoCare
    Salt Lake City, Utah

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had a hit or miss experience with Zaino, sometimes it works great - other times it doesn`t, like leaving a smeary mess on the paint that I had to use another QD to remove. And before anyone says.......I did it by the book. From what Todd said about Blackfire - that`s going to be my next sealer of choice.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t know where to start....so many
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    zaino, blackfie wet over ice over fmj......brilliant!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    zaino, blackfie wet over ice over fmj......brilliant!!!!!
    First time I heard of that combo. Cool!
    It`s funny, everytime I use FMJ or Blackfire with the intention of topping them, I wind up just putting another coat of them on because I really liked the look already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I too have been a wax junkie over the last few years, but have now streamlined (downsized) to a few favorites:

Zaino Z2 and Z5 are probably my favorite sealants.

I just applied Zaino CS on my wife`s car. I haven`t formed an educated opinion on it yet. I have been solely using it on wheels....this is the first time I`ve used it on the car itself.

A new combo that I have discovered, that I really like is DuraGloss501, applied with the Flex or PC, then topped with 1Z Glanz Wax. I stumbled upon this combo by accident, but LOVE the look of it.

Dodo Supernatural - I LOVE the look.

Collinite 476S - this stuff lasts and lasts. Great for a daily driver, in terms of protection, but I am not blown away with the look.

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as waxes go:

P21S 100%
    Megs #16
    Souveran
    Megs #26

Sealants:

Zaino
    Opti-Seal

Post Thanks / Like
    FMJ (not really a wax) has been a long time favorite. I also love Collinite 845, Blackfire Wet Diamond, P21S, and the Klasse Twins (also not wax). I love to top either FMJ or Klasse with a nuba like Blackfire or P21S.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information