Post Thanks / Like

LSP for no water spots this summer on Black?

Ok, best -wax -sealant -coating for long term No Water Spots on BLACK Daily Driver this summer. Or easy to remove. Ideas?

I know many questions, but anything bullet proof?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: LSP for no water spots this summer on Black?

I think you need to set the right expectations.

I don`t think there is anything that will totally prevent water spots. If your car has any dust or pollen on it and they it sees any rain or dew, you`ll get some spots. Also any dust,or pollen in the air will get traped by the rain drops and lead to minor spotting. Water from sprinklers can get pretty wicked. The minerals in the water will create spots as the water evaporates. Again, no LSP will keep this from happening.

Making them easier to improve is possible. I`ve found ceramic coatings have lessened the spotting from rain and made them much easier to remove. However, I`ve also noticed coating can be more vulnerable to spotting from sprinklers. The main spot will go away, but you might still see shadows of the spots under certain conditions. Traditional sealants seem to be better when it comes to sprinkler water spots and in the worst case scenario where the spots are really bad, its easier to spot repair and reapply a sealant.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

For no real water spots, you`d need something that sheets. I don`t think any product like that has actually made it mainstream. I think Meg`s said NXT was supposed to do that but IMO it just wore out really fast as it beaded at first.

I gave up on true coatings, just ordered a gallon of DG105 and in Accumulator style plan to use it for the next two decades and top with TW SnS which I also bought a case of.

As long as you stay away from sprinklers and wash regularly, no product should cause water spots that can`t be washed off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    just ordered a gallon of DG105
    Thanks for reminding me, I`ve been using my DG105 to take the water spots (apropos of this thread) off my chrome kitchen faucet, and try and protect it from new ones, which I haven`t done in a while

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    For no real water spots, you`d need something that sheets. I don`t think any product like that has actually made it mainstream. I think Meg`s said NXT was supposed to do that but IMO it just wore out really fast as it beaded at first.

I gave up on true coatings, just ordered a gallon of DG105 and in Accumulator style plan to use it for the next two decades and top with TW SnS which I also bought a case of.

As long as you stay away from sprinklers and wash regularly, no product should cause water spots that can`t be washed off.

Wasn`t Megs Fast Finish a sheeter?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Thanks for reminding me, I`ve been using my DG105 to take the water spots (apropos of this thread) off my chrome kitchen faucet, and try and protect it from new ones, which I haven`t done in a while
    Ooof, it`s better than that! Wheels at least! Lol.

Actually I`ve never found a better hard water spot remover than mother`s liquid cleaner wax. Not sure why but wow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    Wasn`t Megs Fast Finish a sheeter?
    The aerosol stuff? It beaded just as well/poorly as their spray waxes.

Optiseal probably retains the least water on a car of anything I`ve used but it still beads plenty enough to say it doesn`t sheet. NXT after two weeks would be zero beading. The 3D AIO was the same too.

Thread Information