Post Thanks / Like

Some coatings I have used...

I`ve been keeping the empty bottles of the coatings I have used...was going to make a shelf to put them all on kinda like beer cans/bottles. LOL

Just thought this would be interesting.

Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some coatings I have used...

Sizzle chest: Three thoughts on your empty coating bottles:
    1) That represents A LOT of money spent on coatings over the years
    2) There`s a lot vehicles that you`ve detailed over those years with all these different coatings on them
    3) ONLY Captain Obvious would notice that some of these coatings appear to be beta-test "samples". Just not sure which ones they are (OK, I lied! I am just guessing that some may have been that since you are a beta-tester extraordinaire.)

When I first saw ALL these coating bottles, I thought maybe you giving them away to good "detailing homes". Then I read the word "empty" and that aptly described the letdown.

You are right about this collection and its comparison to beer cans. It`s unique but they may only appeal to those who would likely appreciate detailing and coating cars. I had a work associate who collected beer cans many years ago. I only saw photos of it, but those who had been to his house said it was rather extensive. I asked him why he collected beer cans and his answer was rather obvious: they have to emptied first. ONLY is Wisconsin.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Do some serious research of ceramic and graphene products, if you go back ,say 10 years, you will find that until 3 or 4 years ago they came from chemical giants in China, The products were bottled there, notice the glass bottles and caps are the same, only the labels are different. As you research, you will find a company, with labs around the world (US lab is in Dayton, Ohio), and the company holds over 100 world wide patents for graphene`s base formulas. Ceramics also started in China, which still supplies the base raw resin to many product manufacturers, around the globe, Basically, the pnly actual difference is marketing propaganda and claims of performance,
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:
    Likes Older liked this post
    Thanks Older thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Lonnie, yes there are a few beta test bottles in there! LOL at only in Wisco!

Ron, thanks for that info, and yes, marketing/performance claims plays a huge role in the products we like. And there can`t be too much of a difference between all of the offerings...
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes Older liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ron Ketcham:
    Have some of these chemical international patents (I assume they are international and not just US) run out, so now USA, Asian, and European car-care product manufacturers can produce their own version of copied "generic" chemicals use in their specific/branded coatings??

Thanks for that chemical manufacturing information. Makes me aware of how dependent we (the USA) are on the Chinese development manufacturing economy for our consumer needs, specifically chemicals in detailing products and related items, like microfibers.

Reminds me it may be time to load up on those "imported" items!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I asked him why he collected beer cans and his answer was rather obvious: they have to emptied first. ONLY is Wisconsin.
    Not only in Wisconsin. I personally think a coating bottle collection is a lot less juvenile that a beer can/bottle collection, but what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham View Post
    Basically, the only actual difference is marketing propaganda and claims of performance
    I`m crushed! A detailing product made by one big blender only differentiated by marketing hype. Thank God it`s not that way with other detailing products.
    Likes dgage, RPPM, Stokdgs, BringADetailer liked this post
    Thanks wannafbody, RPPM thanked for this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham View Post
    Do some serious research of ceramic and graphene products, if you go back ,say 10 years, you will find that until 3 or 4 years ago they came from chemical giants in China, The products were bottled there, notice the glass bottles and caps are the same, only the labels are different. As you research, you will find a company, with labs around the world (US lab is in Dayton, Ohio), and the company holds over 100 world wide patents for graphene`s base formulas. Ceramics also started in China, which still supplies the base raw resin to many product manufacturers, around the globe, Basically, the pnly actual difference is marketing propaganda and claims of performance,
    Actually, this isn`t surprising. You can buy coatings on Alibab for dirt cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Sizzle that’s awesome playing around with all those coatings!!

Post Thanks / Like

^^^Yes sir!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll be honest here.... I like it!

You know what else I like? SAMPLES OF THOSE EMPTIES sent to me! hahahahaha

I was thinking of putting some type of "confirmed fit" for brands on a website for the Coating Caddy. Of course, however, many of the bottles are about the same size, with most being 30 and 50 ml. [shrug]

I did get some empties from people. But man, that would actually be too many to have! I`ll stick to the usual "30/50" sizes.
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

wow, thats neat!

Which one would you recommend for someone who has never used a coating before?

Thread Information