Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I have become a detailing heretic…

Good point. To your point I have used a ton of adams spray graphene coating in the same way to get benefits of a coating at cheaper price point and just reapply more often.
    Likes Coatings=crack, RPPM, tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Good point. To your point I have used a ton of adams spray graphene coating in the same way to get benefits of a coating at cheaper price point and just reapply more often.
    How often do you apply?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonTheWell View Post
    Seal N Shine and Ice Spray Wax for me on the daily. Super easy, super inexpensive, and lasts long enough. I`ve recommended the new formula Ice Spray Wax to a few people and they loved it. I get compliments on the car all the time when I go with that combo.
    I alternated with those two for a while. They are both top notch, no hype. But recently really liking the green Ceramic spray by TW. To my eyes it has that glass look like FK1000p.

I have so many boutique products rotting on the shelf. Beadmaker and CG Hybrid 7 made me take a break from buying stuff they were so bad.
    Likes RPPM, danlc95 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oof. The Hybrid V07 Optical Spray was a dud for me. Extremely streaky, doesn`t last more than a wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, when I read "Heretic" I was expecting something far more, uhm...heretical. Like, "I just bought a disposable vehicle that I`ll run through the carwash every month or two". And yeah I`m serious, having done that a few times when Real Life interfered with this [stuff].
    Thanks RPPM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, did I speak too soon? New Years weekend, drove from our daughter`s house in Pittsburgh back to central Pennsylvania. Heavy rain the entire way home, highway speeds ranging anywhere from 45 to 70mph, 158 miles driven in the stuff. All protection from the TW Ice products is gone on the lower 1/2 of the doors and the rear of the car below the top of the trunk. The products performed great on the hood, the roof and the top of the trunk, in fact the car almost looked clean from 100` on those three areas, but the areas that got hit with the road spray have been removed. No salt on the roads last week, temps were in the low to mid 50`s the entire way home. I did not see this coming.

While I expect the protection on the sides to take somewhat of a hit, I did not expect it to all be gone. I know from past experience, Sonax PNS will hold on much better than the TW Ice Seal n Shine and Spray wax just did when driving in the rain at those speeds for that distance. I am going to pull out the Griots Ceramic 3-1 and the Sonax Ceramic Spray Coating when weather permits and give each car a quick clay and spray to see if they fare any better in this kind of weather. One product for each car. I will attempt to do two coats 24 hours apart, but might be a touch difficult during winter, even with both cars garaged. Should be a decent mini winter test to see how each will do. If nothing else, I can always go back to PNS (groan).

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure the protection is gone, not just clogged? Hopefully if you were to give it a solid wash the behavior would be back to what you’re expecting? Though definitely frustrating if it’s loading up faster than what you were using before.

Though if you need some PNS/BSD, I know where to find you some…
    Likes RPPM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I gave it a good wash with Megs Hyper wash, surfaces below the mid point of the doors were still totally flat after the wash when rinsing. I agree, could be clogged. I would expect the Griots synthetic clay to remove any remaining protection if I use it to remove what has attached to the surface. Who knows? I did keep one canister of PNS, so I am ok.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the TW Seal and Shine and Spray Wax . Why spend all that money when you dont have too. I am cheap because I only have social securty which is 1800.00 a month If you like a clean car what other choice do you have. You can also add Eagle One Wipe and Shine to the mix. Its very good and cheap. I am looking for a part time job then maybe I car move up to Groits 3 and 1
    Likes dgage liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information