View Poll Results: What do you think of using Panel Wipe ? You may pick more than one.

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • I tried Panel Wipe but don`t find a need for it.

1 5.56%
  • I only use it on customers cars.

8 44.44%
  • I use it on my daily driver.

11 61.11%
  • I think it is worth it but for some reason I dont use it.

0 0%
  • I have never used it.

4 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Panel Wipe Poll

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Panel Wipe Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I can confirm that Audi and Mercedes paint can be hard yet mar easily. It drives me nuts especially since the two I work on are black. Extreme washing measures are a must
    IME *ALL* autopaint mars easily...yeah, even single stage white Imron (for those of you with long memories). "Hard"/"Scratch-resistant"/etc....eh, at best I consider such stuff to be purely relative, and at worst it`s simply nonsense, and IMO both views are valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie
    I have never heard that iso-propyl alcohol (IPA) causes "paint swelling".
    I`ve *heard* of it, but I`ve never *experienced* it. Not once, ever. But hey, that`s just my IPA (which I used undiluted, even the 90% stuff) on my paint, and it`s apparently one of those YMMV! things since people I consider credible say it really can happen. Not that I *really* care since IMO it`s simply lousy as a PaintPrep Product anyhow, at least compared to those that`re *made* just for that.
    Thanks Fishing thanked for this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Just to muddy the waters a little (heh heh, kinda just kidding...), these days I generally use a Finishing Polish, or an actual AIO, that leaves [stuff] behind. NO, I don`t strip that off. The products I use are compatible with my LSPs and *do not, in any way* compromise their durability or anything else.

I always strip the panel when doing correction, just to make sure it *really* looks the way I want it to. But by the time it appears perfect enough for the Finishing, that concern isn`t there.
    ZPC fuzion leaves a really clean finish for someone concerned about what gets left behind. Mothers 3 in 1 ceramic polish is more like an aggressive AIO for a ceramic coating base. No need for a wipedown with either one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    ZPC fuzion leaves a really clean finish for someone concerned about what gets left behind. Mothers 3 in 1 ceramic polish is more like an aggressive AIO for a ceramic coating base. No need for a wipedown with either one.
    Ah, that`s good info, thanks for posting it. Never know, I really *might* use up some of my products some day and need to find something else and those sound promising!

Post Thanks / Like

Hands down, Panel Wipe by Gtechniq

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kajunman View Post
    Hands down, Panel Wipe by Gtechniq
    It`s a very strong panel wipe, so if you want one that isn`t solvent based but will do the best job of removing stuff on the panel, its a good choice. However, it is one of the ones that can cause the swelling issue I mentioned, so if using it, leave it rest for a few hours afterwards so it`s completely dried/evaporated before coating.

Products like CarPro Eraser and Gyeon Prep are much less aggressive and won`t remove nearly as much as GTechniq PW, but also won`t cause the swelling issue either. If you follow the polish wipe off method I and a few others do, using Feynlab Pure Rinseless to soak the polish removal cloth, that will probably remove 99% of what`s on the panel and much more safely. Then, you can use any panel wipe you want.
    Good old ADHD.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used IGL Precoat, Gyeon Paint Prep and Optimum Paint Prep. They all worked very well for me. Precoat and Gyeon appear to be alcohol based. Precoat is pretty strong and can strip some sealants. Not sure what Optimum is. I was really impressed with Optimum surprisingly. It flashes pretty quick and leaves nothing behind. I was playing around with them on our electric stove top. The Optimum can even be used on glass and interiors. I have a gallon I got for $36. I cleaned a mirror with the Optimum last week just to try it and was shocked how well it works on glass.

Post Thanks / Like

Only when the manufacturer of the LSP recommends it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information