Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum spray wax...anything better?

The only product that I used that I could visibly see that actually prevented clear coat chalk up on an older truck was Zaino. Not exactly sure how that worked but something that I read seemed to indicate that the UV portion gets absorbed into the clearcoat. Not sure if the UV protectant in Zaino is different than what is used in other products or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mc2hill View Post
    I like Adam`s H2O Guard & Gloss, applied as part of a rinseless wash. For my own cars I apply it every 2-3 months over a sealant (or before a road trip), and it can be applied to trim without issue.

Just before this product was released several years ago, I was a Detail Fest and Ivan showed how to use OPT Spray Wax as part of a ONR wash. A few weeks later I received some G&G to test (it needed to be applied wet), and used the method I had just learned with great results. I have been using ever since, and if I have a customer that just wants wax this is what I use - protection and no extra time added.
    Ah yes, the Dylan era of Adam`s Polishes. Those were the good ole days.
    Likes mc2hill, 2fords liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ZR2- Welcome to Autopia!

I`m late to this party, but FWIW, OCW (which I use on my wife`s A8) is indeed nice stuff. IME the only significant drawback is that it provides minimal protection from etching (bugs/birds). For that reason, I`ll eventually switch that car over to the FK1000P that I use on the others since that stuff has proven utterly impervious to such stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    ZR2- Welcome to Autopia!

I`m late to this party, but FWIW, OCW (which I use on my wife`s A8) is indeed nice stuff. IME the only significant drawback is that it provides minimal protection from etching (bugs/birds). For that reason, I`ll eventually switch that car over to the FK1000P that I use on the others since that stuff has proven utterly impervious to such stuff.
    Accumulator-- curious which, if any, maintenance products you are using with the FK1000P. I`ve been at this for over 20 years and have a tin of the stuff for the first time ever. Anxious to give it a whirl.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not tried the Optimum Spray Wax but always read positive things about it.

Post Thanks / Like

...OCW...provides minimal protection from etching (bugs/birds)...FK1000P...has proven utterly impervious to such stuff.
    I know you always tout this product, but since I still have so much #16, 845, etc., I guess it just goes in one ear and out the other. Is it really "impervious"?

PS They have apparently changed the name of this to "101" "due to the confusion with our 1000P mold release product".

Post Thanks / Like

What about Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz?
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ZR2- Welcome to Autopia!

I agree. The only thing that will protect from birds/bug etching, salt, soap from touchless car wash tunnels, and sun/heat in my experience has been FK1000P and Fusso Soft99
    Likes Older liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fskof View Post
    I agree. The only thing that will protect from birds/bug etching, salt, soap from touchless car wash tunnels, and sun/heat in my experience has been FK1000P and Fusso Soft99
    The only thing? Have you tried any coatings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    The only thing? Have you tried any coatings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many coatings will not protect against bird bombs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I know you always tout this product, but since I still have so much #16, 845, etc., I guess it just goes in one ear and out the other. Is it really "impervious"?
    With my usual nod to "YMMV!", yeah...*IME* it really is impervious to anything *that I`ve had get on the paint*. Like...leave bugs/bird-bombs on for months with zero damage. No problems *ever*...at least so far

PS They have apparently changed the name of this to "101" "due to the confusion with our 1000P mold release product".
    Ah, thanks for the heads-up. I`m surprised they didn`t go with more normal Product Names after Floyd`s passing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TGates View Post
    Accumulator-- curious which, if any, maintenance products you are using with the FK1000P. I`ve been at this for over 20 years and have a tin of the stuff for the first time ever. Anxious to give it a whirl.
    Could you be a little more specific?

Like...before or after the FK?

It goes on *over*/after other stuff so well that I`m tempted to say it`d work over anything that`s not really oily. The only stuff I`ve ever used on top of it are the Fk QDs (425 and 146) and IUDJ (which works fine and doesn`t interfere with adding more FK).

Sure hope you like the stuff, what with the way I rave about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fskof View Post
    Many coatings will not protect against bird bombs.
    Exactly. If it can etch through clear coat which is stronger than a coating then it will etch through most anything.

I would rather have the bird dropping etch the coating rather than the clear which coatings can do.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Could you be a little more specific?

Like...before or after the FK?

It goes on *over*/after other stuff so well that I`m tempted to say it`d work over anything that`s not really oily. The only stuff I`ve ever used on top of it are the Fk QDs (425 and 146) and IUDJ (which works fine and doesn`t interfere with adding more FK).

Sure hope you like the stuff, what with the way I rave about it!
    Sure! I was asking what you are using to keep it fresh, if anything, after application. You answered that with the nods to FK QDs and IUDJ. I have plenty of IUDJ, including the One and graphene versions. It looks like they`ve changed the name, or at least the "code". I don`t see any mention of FK1000P on the tin anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crg001 View Post
    I`ve been really enjoying 3D`s new Bead It Up product lately. This stuff attracts less dust than a carnauba product, goes on streak free, and really provides some nice gloss, slickness, and water behavior. It is a "crosslinking" polymer that has a cure time of ~24hrs so I`m assuming you can layer away after the cure time if desired, and is claimed to work well as both an LSP or a topper to your existing layers.

3D Bead It Up - 16 oz.
    How is the beading on this one? Among all the sprays Megs m799/HCD has had the best beads.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information