Post Thanks / Like

Is it time to IronX my CQ Lite

More learning curve for my first coating. For those scoring at home, the first part of May I put a couple of layers of CQuartz lite on my wife’s tuxedo black Lincoln Navigator. I didn’t put a topper on it and as close as I’ve come is maintenance with Ech2o.* I noticed the last couple of times I’ve cleaned it (once with Ech2o and once with Ultima, both as rinseless) that it isn’t quite as hydrophobic as when it first was applied. Figure that’s natural but at what point do I start thinking of reviving it with some IronX? FWIW, I live in a dusty environment if that might clog the coating sooner.

*bought some Elixir so I can boost it if need be next time I clean it.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is it time to IronX my CQ Lite

I feel you are fine doing it now. It`s been a few months since application. Then boost it afterwards and you should be all set!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes Cadfael, The Guz liked this post
    Thanks Cadfael thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Iron X isn’t going to remove the road film... just the iron contamination. Most would recommend a good CP Reset Wash to go with it.

For my on CqUk3 I used an Alkaline wash (Mckee’s coating prep). It brought the hydrophobics right back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes dgage, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz lite was a good choice on coating I always use an acid cleaner because most of the junk is from water deposits you might have some iron but acid cleaners take care of light iron . I say water spot cleaner. I use a light dilution of Megs wheel brighter and it’s removed the deposits left from water evaporating on the surface from rain or road wash when your driving in rain. The acids in water spot removers is really mild and it returns the hydrophobics best for me in northeast part of country

it’s good to do on glass to it will help if u have water spots on glass.

Post Thanks / Like

What soaps have you been using on it?

Anyway you can follow the coating maintenance procedure for UK per CarPro

Coating Maintenance:

1. The best thing to do is start using CARPRO Reset to wash with regularly. Other soaps can leave residue that temporarily messes up the beading and allows dust and dirt to stick more readily.
    2. Wash Mitt:
      • Microfiber Madness Incredimitt (Recommended for daily drivers and most cars - This mitt is easiest to maintain and is extremely durable as well as washing out most easily).
      • Merino Wool Wash Mitt (Recommended if car has extremely soft paint or car does not get extremely dirty).

3. Drying Towel: CARPRO or Microfiber Madness.
    4. Quick Detailing: CARPRO ECH2o Concentrate and Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile towels (need about 3-6 towels).
    5. Occasionally (every 3 to 6 months) decontaminate surface with CARPRO Iron X. Use during wash cycle (after Reset) and as directed.
    6. If using CARPRO Reload as topper: use every 3 months, for special occasions or any time you like.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    What soaps have you been using on it?

Anyway you can follow the coating maintenance procedure for UK per CarPro

Coating Maintenance:

1. The best thing to do is start using CARPRO Reset to wash with regularly. Other soaps can leave residue that temporarily messes up the beading and allows dust and dirt to stick more readily.
    2. Wash Mitt:
      • Microfiber Madness Incredimitt (Recommended for daily drivers and most cars - This mitt is easiest to maintain and is extremely durable as well as washing out most easily).
      • Merino Wool Wash Mitt (Recommended if car has extremely soft paint or car does not get extremely dirty).

3. Drying Towel: CARPRO or Microfiber Madness.
    4. Quick Detailing: CARPRO ECH2o Concentrate and Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile towels (need about 3-6 towels).
    5. Occasionally (every 3 to 6 months) decontaminate surface with CARPRO Iron X. Use during wash cycle (after Reset) and as directed.
    6. If using CARPRO Reload as topper: use every 3 months, for special occasions or any time you like.
    I generally do rinseless. It’s a lot easier with my poor health. I can try and do a reset wash if that would help revive it.

ETA: been using primarily Ech2o with occasional Ultima to use up a sample someone sent me.

Post Thanks / Like

Could just be covered up in grime as a rinseless wash doesn’t have the cleaning power that day CarPro Reset has.

Maybe there is an Autopia near by to lend you a hand.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Could just be covered up in grime as a rinseless wash doesn’t have the cleaning power that day CarPro Reset has.

Maybe there is an Autopia near by to lend you a hand.
    I’m in Lubbock, TX and wouldn’t turn down help. Guess I’ll put in an order for some Reset and IronX. Anything else I should put on the list?

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered Reset*, some Bug Off (or whatever it’s called), and Lemon Scent IronX. Would have ordered some Lift but it wasn’t in stock. Threw in a CarPro 500ml dilution bottle and an IK multi spray bottle. My old Kwazar bottles are starting to wear out.

*actually ordered the package with a green grit guard, green bucket caddy, and Reset. My son took one of my grit guards to school and I’ve never had a caddy.

Post Thanks / Like

CQ Lite and Reset have worked so well for me it`s had me completely shut off looking for new products. I`ve got dozens of bottles of soaps, spray sealants and various freebies that came through sales that I`ve lost all desire to even attempt to test them.

The closest I`ve come to "topping" it would be spritzing Merlin`s Elixir (Reload/Ech2o/distilled) onto the drying towels.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to keep on using a rinseless wash, but want something more bite you should get some Feynlab Pure Rinseless. It is very good at unclogging coatings and is incredibly potent at cleaning. You wouldn’t need to use it every wash, but wow! It’s incredible.
    Good old ADHD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roscopervis View Post
    If you want to keep on using a rinseless wash, but want something more bite you should get some Feynlab Pure Rinseless. It is very good at unclogging coatings and is incredibly potent at cleaning. You wouldn’t need to use it every wash, but wow! It’s incredible.
    I’ve seen it mentioned on here a few times. Where does one get it (in US)?

guess Ida is messing up shipping, my last order is still in Florida.

Post Thanks / Like

Direct from their website.
    Good old ADHD.
    Likes Cadfael liked this post
    Thanks Cadfael thanked for this post

Thread Information