Post Thanks / Like

Pulling out the essence plus to glaze my Adams graphene coating and spruce it up.

Welp a previous topper thread earlier today I read motivated me I live in Northeast and all my vehicles gets hammered by winter and they sit outside. I really wanted to do a good Decon since it’s spring. I washed, iron remover and then sprayed the whole car with Meg’s wheel acid which is a must where I live it gets rid of water spots and the road brine chemicals calcium and whatever else can be dissolved. Then I hit the tar spots with citrol266. Usually I top with one of the following reload if I want the swirls filled, or mother spray coating if I want it darken or IGL for beading or duragloss Aquawax for gloss. Then are the drying aid I use.

I wanted to try something different I have essence plus it really old. I used to make home made concoctions for topping by adding the essence plus to other toppers because it fills so well. Essence plus really is the best glaze I used even better than Danese wet glaze or black hole! It a ceramic sealant glaze it fills and leaves any coating slick and you are not doing it by hand thats the best part!

The victim of my boredom for the decon and tinkering is my 2012 Ford Edge sport with 120,000 miles it had Adams graphene on there since it was released maybe a year or little over year. But got swirled up by kids and family and daily use and sitting in drive way.

these are only after pictures and I usually don’t post a lot of pictures the swirling was not severe just enough to catch a detailers eye.

I’ve used it a few times but can remember how long the gloss and fillers stay I’ll snap a few photos of the paint after the fillers are washed off. This car is 10 years old has been compounded twice with rotary and wool and polished 4-5 times. If it lasts a decent while I’ll be happy.
    Likes Cadfael, Oneheadlite, Stokdgs, GearHead_1 liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pulling out the essence plus to glaze my Adams graphene coating and spruce it up.

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Welp a previous topper thread earlier today I read motivated me I live in Northeast and all my vehicles gets hammered by winter and they sit outside. I really wanted to do a good Decon since it’s spring. I washed, iron remover and then sprayed the whole car with Meg’s wheel acid which is a must where I live it gets rid of water spots and the road brine chemicals calcium and whatever else can be dissolved. Then I hit the tar spots with citrol266. Usually I top with one of the following reload if I want the swirls filled, or mother spray coating if I want it darken or IGL for beading or duragloss Aquawax for gloss. Then are the drying aid I use.

I wanted to try something different I have essence plus it really old. I used to make home made concoctions for topping by adding the essence plus to other toppers because it fills so well. Essence plus really is the best glaze I used even better than Danese wet glaze or black hole! It a ceramic sealant glaze it fills and leaves any coating slick and you are not doing it by hand thats the best part!

The victim of my boredom for the decon and tinkering is my 2012 Ford Edge sport with 120,000 miles it had Adams graphene on there since it was released maybe a year or little over year. But got swirled up by kids and family and daily use and sitting in drive way.

these are only after pictures and I usually don’t post a lot of pictures the swirling was not severe just enough to catch a detailers eye.

I’ve used it a few times but can remember how long the gloss and fillers stay I’ll snap a few photos of the paint after the fillers are washed off. This car is 10 years old has been compounded twice with rotary and wool and polished 4-5 times. If it lasts a decent while I’ll be happy.
    William_Wallace !

That is a beautiful job !!!
    Love that color; you have it really clear, flat, and glossy ! Bet it really pops in the sun !
    I also have a new unused, many years old bottle of CarPro Essence in the cabinet that I have never used either.. Hoping to find a vehicle sometime that will benefit from it... I bought a l o n g time ago, to do my part to help CarPro to keep on making great products..
    Thanks for all that hard work you did to make that Edge look like no other, take pics, edit, then post up and edit all of it..
    Dan F
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pulling out the essence plus to glaze my Adams graphene coating and spruce it up.

If you have the graphene spray top on top of essence plus. Their ceramic spray coating worked with over essence plus.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    If you have the graphene spray top on top of essence plus. Their ceramic spray coating worked with over essence plus.
    Yea I do have the Graphene spray I’ll give it a go to try to keep the fillers in the swirls.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

How do you find the water behaviour of the coating now it has been ‘repaired’ by Essence Plus. I agree, it’s a great filler glaze. I first used it a few years ago to repair the GTechnic C1 that was on my car and it was excellent at the glazing part, though hydrophobics were pretty poor. The C1 was also very flat, as it is untopped, but I expected more of it in that sense. I’d show some pictures but they seem to be too big. I put Wowo’s Crystal Sealant (version 1) and topped it with Wowo’s Nanocoat wax. Incredible water behaviour, but I think the Wowo’s products didn’t play too well with Essence Plus as they didn’t last nearly as long as they have in other uses.

I have recently got some Mother’s CMX 3 in 1 Ceramic Polish and Coat which I hope will do a similar job in repairing coatings as it advertises, but also allows coatings to be used on top of it. A transatlantic friend named Sheepstar on YouTube has done some experimenting with this and thus far reports that CarPro Lite at least seems to work just fine on top of it. Strangely though, Wowo’s Contact 121 Wax doesn’t like it and it’s durability is significantly affected. Why are Wowo’s products fussy?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roscopervis View Post
    How do you find the water behaviour of the coating now it has been ‘repaired’ by Essence Plus. I agree, it’s a great filler glaze. I first used it a few years ago to repair the GTechnic C1 that was on my car and it was excellent at the glazing part, though hydrophobics were pretty poor. The C1 was also very flat, as it is untopped, but I expected more of it in that sense. I’d show some pictures but they seem to be too big. I put Wowo’s Crystal Sealant (version 1) and topped it with Wowo’s Nanocoat wax. Incredible water behaviour, but I think the Wowo’s products didn’t play too well with Essence Plus as they didn’t last nearly as long as they have in other uses.

I have recently got some Mother’s CMX 3 in 1 Ceramic Polish and Coat which I hope will do a similar job in repairing coatings as it advertises, but also allows coatings to be used on top of it. A transatlantic friend named Sheepstar on YouTube has done some experimenting with this and thus far reports that CarPro Lite at least seems to work just fine on top of it. Strangely though, Wowo’s Contact 121 Wax doesn’t like it and it’s durability is significantly affected. Why are Wowo’s products fussy?
    It’s raining today and the beading dropped a bit with essence plus.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been keeping my eye on the paint since and actually wizzed over my rear glass which had a lot of water spotting and over all grime so essence plus is definitely a cleaner or has a degree of chemical cleaning to it because I can tell on my rear glass all of the junk came off and I don’t think I used wheel cleaner acid on the glass only paint. the pad is probably a huge factor and probably aids in mechanical decon. I think if I used it by hand it would have been a waste of time. I am really surprised at how it benefited the coating at the 1 year mark. It’s probably best described as a ceramic cleaner sealant and glaze to use on beat up coating once they been on the paint a while it’s not something to use at 90 days since application and seems to be a better option than clay bar or special designed clay bars for coatings. Strange product 4 sure.. do you guys get the same cleaning results

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but I have found with a few other little tests, that whilst it fills coatings, it kills water behaviour. So the idea that it `repairs` the coating is not something that sits well with me. It doesn`t bring back hydrophobics or any of that good stuff and cannot be topped with the coating so it causes me problems.

That is why I have high hopes for the Mothers CMX 3 in 1 Polish and Coat. If it does as they say and repair coatings, plus can be topped with a coating, then this is what I would really need.
    Good old ADHD.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but I have found with a few other little tests, that whilst it fills coatings, it kills water behaviour. So the idea that it `repairs` the coating is not something that sits well with me. It doesn`t bring back hydrophobics or any of that good stuff and cannot be topped with the coating so it causes me problems.

That is why I have high hopes for the Mothers CMX 3 in 1 Polish and Coat. If it does as they say and repair coatings, plus can be topped with a coating, then this is what I would really need.
    Yea I agree it’s water behavior is sub par well def give it a go with the mothers and post your findings I’d be interested in reading.

Thread Information