Post Thanks / Like

New `Vette Coating Recomendation Request

I hope to take delivery next month of a 2021 Corvette that is painted Ceramic Matrix Gray. I have a 500 mile drive to take the car home. The dealer will apply a coat of wax before delivery.

I plan on washing, do clay bar, polish with Menzerna 3500, then clean with Gyeon Quartz Prep. I`ve always detailed my own cars and my go to combo was Rejex topped with Colonite 845. This time I`m wanting to go with a coating (ceramic/graphene). Right now I`m planning on using Adams Graphene. Thoughts? Recommendations?

The car is kept in a heated garage, always hand washed, and I guess you could call it a Sunday driver. I do plan on tracking the car about once a month. It will only be driven on nice days in the Winter.

Thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New `Vette Coating Recomendation Request

I have not used the Adams Graphene but some people have liked it. I personally would stick with Cquartz, Gyeon, Gtechniq since they are long term tested and trusted brands.

Cquartz: CQUK, SiC

Gtechniq: CSL, Exo

One thing I will add though is I would highly suggest using the matching Prep product based on the coating you choose. They a made to go together and if you want to make sure you don`t have any issues down the road that`s the way to go. I have seen to many people mix-n-match and then later if there was an issue the vendor Reps say that that was part of the issue. (Weather they can prove it or not)
    Likes tom p., SGM2008 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The graphene sprays won’t have quite the durability/longevity of a coating but the sprays are easier/more forgiving to apply. I’m sure the Adam’s Graphene spray would be good as long as you reapply it every 3-6 months depending on how you care for the car. If ceramic, I’m going with the Cquartz UK 3.0 and SiC combo this spring and would be my recommendation. CQuartz UK 3.0 has been one of the best consumer coatings and SiC adds slickness and a little more chemical and water-spotting protection to the mix. Periodic topping with Elixir and you’d have a coating that could easily last 1.5-2 years if maintained properly.

Post Thanks / Like

Great advice already.

My one contribution is to find one that`s easy to use. While you`re no stranger to detailing your car, coatings are a little different, and you`ll be hooked if you have a good first experience.

I too have not used any of the Adams coatings, but also endorse the CarPro coatings. I`ve used CQuartz UK and TiO2 (the predecessor to SIC)multiple times and every time has gone well. They are pretty straight forward in application and they hold up well for years. The fact they look good too is just an added bonus.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Petsur View Post
    I hope to take delivery next month of a 2021 Corvette that is painted Ceramic Matrix Gray. I have a 500 mile drive to take the car home. The dealer will apply a coat of wax before delivery.

I plan on washing, do clay bar, polish with Menzerna 3500, then clean with Gyeon Quartz Prep. I`ve always detailed my own cars and my go to combo was Rejex topped with Colonite 845. This time I`m wanting to go with a coating (ceramic/graphene). Right now I`m planning on using Adams Graphene. Thoughts? Recommendations?

The car is kept in a heated garage, always hand washed, and I guess you could call it a Sunday driver. I do plan on tracking the car about once a month. It will only be driven on nice days in the Winter.

Thanks,
    Are you referring to the actual Adams Graphene Coating or the Graphene Spray Coating. Durability is still up in the air for the true graphene ceramic coating. The benefit is the ease of use with both of these. Give it a shot. There are many that seem to like it.

If you are looking for another option then Cquartz UK 3.0 gets my recommendation. I would even consider topping it with SiC to get that slickness and additional gloss. Only thing to keep in mind is that SiC has a longer flash time. A better combo than CSL/Exo if one were to ask me.

If you are looking to get your feet wet then a coating lite may be another option. Cquartz Lite, Gyeon CanCoat and I would toss IGL Ecocoat Poly into this area since it is a 1 year coating. Easy to use.

I say give the Adams a go if you are interested in trying something different.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes William_Wallace, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of good advice here already the Adams coating really are a nice experience when installing them. The ease of use is really a nice feature.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I think I’m going to go with the Adams Graphine. It looks like something a first timer can do and they’re local. I’m going to their store and will ask for tips and advice from them. My car is supposed to be built on Monday. Waaay excited!
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I think I’m going to go with the Adams Graphine. It looks like something a first timer can do and they’re local. I’m going to their store and will ask for tips and advice from them. My car is supposed to be built on Monday. Waaay excited!
    Nice. Check out the videos they have on their YouTube channel. They have a new handheld you may want to consider that has the UV light integrated.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Are you going full coating or their spray coating? I second Guz’s recommendation about the UV light.

One of the reasons to use Adam’s is the ease of use and i think they hit the mark for a consumer 1st coating.

I used CqUk3 my first time and would have loved an easier way to find high spots.

I only had the spray coating on my car for 1.5 months but would say it performed as well as Tac

Systems Moonlight which i think performance wise was better than Gyeon Cancoat. Cancoat did look better tho.

Would be awesome of you to post some updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I’m planning on the regular graphene, not the spray. I was going to get the light, then I thought maybe not. Does it really help ?

Post Thanks / Like

I’m planning on the regular graphene, not the spray. I was going to get the light, then I thought maybe not. Does it really help ?
    To find high spots? Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information