Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kamikaze Overcoat or PA Cosmic Spritz?

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    That`s correct - topping K coating with Nanalox SiFinish (sealant). It`s about $40.00. Just wondering if that one would work/adher/look good/protect the K coating, but I` probably get one of the other two.

Thanks again all for your replies.
    I used the Nanolex SiFinish back in 2018 when I tried the Nanolex Si3D coating; was allright but nothing spectacular FWIW. Sprayhead was nice though. Never used in on top of Kami Overcoat but it`d be a step down from Polish Angel/Overcoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I used the Nanolex SiFinish back in 2018 when I tried the Nanolex Si3D coating; was allright but nothing spectacular FWIW. Sprayhead was nice though. Never used in on top of Kami Overcoat but it`d be a step down from Polish Angel/Overcoat.
    Thanks, Budget and thanks all. That`s kinda what I thought. Looks like I had more OC on hand than I thought, so OC it is. May give Cosmic a try after I`m finished with OC.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What`s a good method for applying Overcoat? I did or two sprays into a 350gm towels, spread over the panel, and then buffed with another 350gm towel. I used it as a topper for Cancoat and didn`t see any change in the water behavior but the car did take on a slightly warmer glow. Granted, Cancoat on it`s own has really good self cleaning and water behavior so maybe I really shouldn`t be expecting much of a difference. I`m still wondering if I didn`t apply enough though. I`d like give my car one more wash before winter really settles in and try applying one more time spraying the panel directly instead of into a towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlink View Post
    What`s a good method for applying Overcoat? I did or two sprays into a 350gm towels, spread over the panel, and then buffed with another 350gm towel. I used it as a topper for Cancoat and didn`t see any change in the water behavior but the car did take on a slightly warmer glow. Granted, Cancoat on it`s own has really good self cleaning and water behavior so maybe I really shouldn`t be expecting much of a difference. I`m still wondering if I didn`t apply enough though. I`d like give my car one more wash before winter really settles in and try applying one more time spraying the panel directly instead of into a towel.
    Cancoat and Overcoat have equally good water behaviour in my experience.

Applying into a microfibre applicator or towel are the best methods, would recommend against applying directly to the paint as it`s less economical and the mist is just too fine to control if outdoors.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I used it as a topper for Cancoat and didn`t see any change in the water behavior but the car did take on a slightly warmer glow. Granted, Cancoat on it`s own has really good self cleaning and water behavior so maybe I really shouldn`t be expecting much of a difference. I`m still wondering if I didn`t apply enough though. I`d like give my car one more wash before winter really settles in and try applying one more time spraying the panel directly instead of into a towel.
    CanCoat is pretty solid product, definately eats Overcoats lunch over the long haul. I`ve used CanCoat & Overcoat but never together...

CanCoat is an unreal product, so handy and effective.

That said, I`d be wary spraying on a panel directly, likely go on too heavy for easy, streak-free removal.

Post Thanks / Like

Kamikaze Overcoat or PA Cosmic Spritz?

I would personally spray Overcoat onto one of those rectangular MF applicators (atbalfour already mentioned) to conserve product and ensure the wet applicator is touching every square inch of paint. Then I would wipe off with the clean MF towel. The only difference between spreading with the applicator versus the towel is the small surface area will be saturated much quicker and you can see exactly where it is spreading. I feel too much product gets wasted inside the much larger surface area MF towel, and it’s hard to see where product has transferred onto the paint.
    Likes atbalfour liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I get no big increase in performancr/hydrophobics when topping Cancoat with OC either. I feel when topping the coating shines through.

I do ser a visual difference when topped with OC.... even more with PA Cosmic Spritz. My hopes is it will keep the hydrophobics stronger in the 2 years or so i keep my coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I`ll likely leave it as is then since it sounds like I applied it the right way. Granted, it`s certainly not going to hurt anything by applying more, but it`s probably unnecessary (and waste of an expensive product).

I am super impressed by Cancoat at least in the short term. I used Guz`s method of using coating saver applicators but only applied one coat. So long as it lasts through a 6 month Update NY winter I`ll be exceedingly happy. I had planned to do a full correction and apply 22ple HPC, but time, weather, and other unforeseen events prevented that from happening, so I thought I`d give Cancoat a try in the short term. I`m only looking to get 6 months out of it so I didn`t feel the need to do two coats.

I did have to reapply to my windshield with an applicator as the towel method didn`t seem to do anything to the water behavior on a bare brand new windshield. The water behavior there isn`t as good as I was expecting, coming from G1 I may have been expecting too much, but once 22ple`s VG1 is back in stock (and the weather and windshield is warm enough) I can apply that.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I`ll likely leave it as is then since it sounds like I applied it the right way. Granted, it`s certainly not going to hurt anything by applying more, but it`s probably unnecessary (and waste of an expensive product).

I am super impressed by Cancoat at least in the short term. I used Guz`s method of using coating saver applicators but only applied one coat. So long as it lasts through a 6 month Update NY winter I`ll be exceedingly happy. I had planned to do a full correction and apply 22ple HPC, but time, weather, and other unforeseen events prevented that from happening, so I thought I`d give Cancoat a try in the short term. I`m only looking to get 6 months out of it so I didn`t feel the need to do two coats.

I did have to reapply to my windshield with an applicator as the towel method didn`t seem to do anything to the water behavior on a bare brand new windshield. The water behavior there isn`t as good as I was expecting, coming from G1 I may have been expecting too much, but once 22ple`s VG1 is back in stock (and the weather and windshield is warm enough) I can apply that.
    A second coat never hurt anything and ensures even coverage and no missed spots. Try doing a panel and see if you can see/feel a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Kamikaze Overcoat or PA Cosmic Spritz?

So long as it lasts through a 6 month Update NY winter I`ll be exceedingly happy. I had planned to do a full correction and apply 22ple HPC, but time, weather, and other unforeseen events prevented that from happening, so I thought I`d give Cancoat a try in the short term. I`m only looking to get 6 months out of it so I didn`t feel the need to do two coats.
    Make sure to give updates at the end of winter. I’m very curious as to how it handles upstate Salt City salt.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Make sure to give updates at the end of winter. I’m very curious as to how it handles upstate Salt City salt.
    Will do. I can try and get some pictures this weekend as a baseline to compare to come Spring. From what I`ve read this Winter is going to be a really nasty one, so Cancoat and KOC will have their work cut out.

Last year when I started to get into detailing I did the classic Powerlock and Collinite 845 combo and it definitely didn`t last past the first month or two. Now I have nearly full bottles of both I have no use for, but likely all of us can say that about a lot of products we`ve tried and found better alternatives for.

Post Thanks / Like

Will do. I can try and get some pictures this weekend as a baseline to compare to come Spring. From what I`ve read this Winter is going to be a really nasty one, so Cancoat and KOC will have their work cut out.

Last year when I started to get into detailing I did the classic Powerlock and Collinite 845 combo and it definitely didn`t last past the first month or two. Now I have nearly full bottles of both I have no use for, but likely all of us can say that about a lot of products we`ve tried and found better alternatives for.
    Quick update on the condition of Cancoat and KOC now that we`re comfortably into Spring and I`ve given my car it`s first wash since sometime in November. It held up very well. The lower potions of the doors and front bumper are no longer beading but slowly sheeting. The rest of the car though is still beading and self cleaning quite well. This Winter ended up being on the mild side, but Cancoat and one application of KOC as a topper easily made it through on the majority of the car. Consider me seriously impressed.

I ended up removing KOC from my windshield as it was causing terrible chattering. Detailed Image never got HPC VG1 back in stock so I thought I`d try Angel Wax H2Go instead. It also made it through the winter but it takes until 50+ MPH until rain really starts flying off. On the ended where the wipers don`t reach is doing even better. Zero chattering too.

Hopefully a quick polish will remove the rest of the Cancoat and I can apply 22PLE HPC.
    Likes noorth, acuRAS82, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear. Cancoat is very impressive, in all honesty, other than a slight visual tweak and to enhance surface slickness, it`s a product that doesn`t need topped. For me Cancoat is a superior product to Overcoat and Cosmic in every way and I`m not convinced they even adhere that well, as within a couple of washes it`s Cancoat and it`s unique water behaviour shining through again. Toppers are fun but the more I try, the more I try to be objective about them, the less I value them.

Here in the UK it`s always the side and rear panels that give up the ghost first, but I find that a coating restart wash can salvage Cancoat - Gyeon really sell it short by marketing it as a 6 month product IMO - esp with 2 layers. alternatively a strong alkaline, an acid followed by an iron remover. I`ve managed to eek out a good 3 more months by following this procedure.

Re. H2GO it is lovely to use mediocre with 1 coat but a different animal when 2+ coats are applied. It`s badly impacted by certain screenwash and any form of wiper use sadly, plus it doesn`t deal with mist rain as well as some of the competition. I`ve recently bought some of the Nanolex Ultra (Coating) and Urban (Sealant) for the glass on my Jag from Detailed Clean too, water run off is supposedly as low as 25mph for the coating and 20mph when topped with the sealant.

I have got good performance from Gtechniq G1 in the past, topped with G5 but don`t enjoy working with either product and figured Gtech are mediocre for paintwork coatings, so why not look elsewhere

Post Thanks / Like

I should have phrased my thoughts on H2GO a little better. It`s still repelling water very well but compared to it`s fresh application where water started running off at around 30 MPH it`s effectiveness has reduced after 6 months and a winter to now need 50 MPH to do the same. I do fully agree that it does not deal well with mist at all and really needs full rain drops to really start working. I can live with that because it`s the only sealant or ceramic that lasts as long as it does, performs well enough, and chiefly causes no chattering.

I had G1 on my windshield before it had to be replaced but had terrible chattering issues that were only temporarily mitigated by applying C2v3 every couple of weeks. It`s performance and longevity are great but the chattering was unbearable. Not to mention it`s application is a bit of a pain. It`s still doing reasonably well on the side windows after two years, but it`s time now for a refresh.

Post Thanks / Like

I should have phrased my thoughts on H2GO a little better. It`s still repelling water very well but compared to it`s fresh application where water started running off at around 30 MPH it`s effectiveness has reduced after 6 months and a winter to now need 50 MPH to do the same. I do fully agree that it does not deal well with mist at all and really needs full rain drops to really start working. I can live with that because it`s the only sealant or ceramic that lasts as long as it does, performs well enough, and chiefly causes no chattering.

I had G1 on my windshield before it had to be replaced but had terrible chattering issues that were only temporarily mitigated by applying C2v3 every couple of weeks. It`s performance and longevity are great but the chattering was unbearable. Not to mention it`s application is a bit of a pain. It`s still doing reasonably well on the side windows after two years, but it`s time now for a refresh.
    H2Go is only marketed as a 3 month glass sealant so that`s still impressive performance considering.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information