Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

doesn`t matter what you use

Well I found out no matter what you use to take car care of your car if it stays outside you are going to get water spots Period...first I sealed the car...then I coated my car with blackfire pro black addition ceramic coating... still water spot`s..I live in Florida lots of rain..so my next step is get a car cover...

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: doesn`t matter what you use

Best option could be a carport if you have a spot for it

Your experience is one reason why I don`t buy all the hype about coatings. Eventually something is going to damage it, bird poop, hard water or acid rain.

Post Thanks / Like

I think location (and random chance/circumstances) play a role. Since 2015 we`ve always had at least one car sitting outside 24/7, 365 and no permanent water spots to speak of.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    Best option could be a carport if you have a spot for it

Your experience is one reason why I don`t buy all the hype about coatings. Eventually something is going to damage it, bird poop, hard water or acid rain.
    I’ve had mine year and half strong (CQUK3) and maybe the waters not too hard, we definitely have alot of rain, it’s black so the birds love to $h!£ on it but has come out unscathed.

No hype just highly outperforms waxes and sealants.

Not a “glass coat” armor shield like it’s hyped up to be but just a superior LSP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes tom p., wannafbody, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would but we live in a condo...with a one car garage...so no carport..first I thought it was from the sprinkler system but I put a sprinkler shield in front of it...so its not from their...

Post Thanks / Like

I shall look into it....I did order a cover the other day...

Post Thanks / Like

living across from the ocean like you I think its where I live...I washed the car yesterday and I used WF uber Sio2 car wash...onr think I was thinking about LOL sitting on the throne LOL I was thinking.. I used WFG coating....but then used blackfire SIO2 spray sealant....not sure if I did right

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt that there would be an issue between Wolfgang and Blackfire.

Post Thanks / Like

chasing perfection on a daily is such a waste of time and energy... relax, swirl it it up.. use one bucket, let ya kids wash the car.. let ya mum wash the car. Polish and protect once a year. Life`s short

Likes wannafbody, mc2hill, dcjredline liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maurofc70 View Post
    Well I found out no matter what you use to take car care of your car if it stays outside you are going to get water spots Period...first I sealed the car...then I coated my car with blackfire pro black addition ceramic coating... still water spot`s..I live in Florida lots of rain..so my next step is get a car cover...
    If water contains and minerals or if there is dust and water collects then dries, it will leave behind that stuff in the form of water spots. Ceramic only helps to sheet away the excess dust but inevitably water drops are left behind to dry up. Best this to do is protect and wash sooner rather than later.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reply`s....before I put the cover on the car...I want to get rid of the water spots...I compound the hood once before I used the coating...will it be alright to compound the hood again...to get rid of the water spots....any other suggestions...also can you put wax over a coating...if yes will it help with water spots

Post Thanks / Like

Keep it in the back of your mind that leaving a cover on with moisture could lead to the clear coat absorbing that moisture and having patchy areas if left on with the sun out. They go away after the moisture bakes out.

You can put a wax over a coating but will negate all of the benefits of the coating such as the super hydrophobic behavior and self cleaning. Try a polish and go from there.

Water spots are the risk one takes with a coating. It can happen with any product. If the car is dirty for weeks and it rains, well its not the coatings fault at that point. Some silica spray sealants are prone to spotting as well.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I used to cover one of my cars with both a Noah and Weathershieis one on top of the other. Moisture never reached the clear and both covers dried well in the sun. The car remained totally dry
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guz....LOL you must be tired of me talking about water spots.....to be truthful I am also...do you think if the cover was on maybe two or three days at a time the there will be moisture on the clear coat....also are there any car wash soap to use to get spots off...can you tell me the difference between hydropholic and hydrophilli...I do wash my car once a week weather permitting..one more thing did you say its ok to put polish over coating....sorry for all the questions....Thanks so much...be safe

Post Thanks / Like

LOl...I am retired and with this virus we don`t go out much....also tired of watching Netflix....and the news...and I really enjoy taking care of my car...even do some family members cars to be busy...be safe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information