Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: doesn`t matter what you use

Quote Originally Posted by maurofc70 View Post
    Hi Guz....LOL you must be tired of me talking about water spots.....to be truthful I am also...do you think if the cover was on maybe two or three days at a time the there will be moisture on the clear coat....also are there any car wash soap to use to get spots off...can you tell me the difference between hydropholic and hydrophilli...I do wash my car once a week weather permitting..one more thing did you say its ok to put polish over coating....sorry for all the questions....Thanks so much...be safe
    Possibly. It doesn’t rain here in So Cal that much. The fires should give you an indication of how dry it is here.

I honestly don’t care if my daily gets water spots. Yeah blasphemy. It’s a daily driver and Mother Nature is a b!tc# to compete with. Most of the time I’m polishing a year or so down the road.

Plus I also test various coatings which allows me to see what would be something to use. Every single coating I have on my current test has stains and water spots over the course of 8 months. Even graphene. Sorry no miracle products to prevent that.

I don’t cover my car at all. It’s exposed to heat, dew, ash, drizzle, etc... Silver is a great color as well. Hides imperfections. Leaves me stress free.

You will have to be sure that cover is waterproof and keep the painted surface clean or it won’t be swirl free for that long.

Hydrophobic will give you that tight water beading. Hydrophilic will give that more sheeting action but still bead at the right angle.

I think you would have had better luck with gtechniq crystal serum light as it’s more sheeting than beading.

What I meant is try a polish first if you want to remove the coating.

By the way my daily hot water spots one month after I applied the SPS graphene coating which was not supposed to spot as much. I honestly could care less at this point as I just drove the car and keep it clean. The coating is still doing it’s job.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

maybe you are right...about not worrying about water spots....you think with today`s technology someone would come up with a product to help with spots...before I try anything going to wait for the cover...Its waterproof...then re coat the hood...the last time I took off the spots I used compound...then paint prep...then use a coating...I really appreciate all your advise...hope you get lots of rain to slow the fires from spreading...

Post Thanks / Like

Having a car outside, the only real piece of mind, for me, is a car cover. I had/have two Noah covers for both of my cars but those don`t do well with water. They`re better than nothing of course, but when it rains I would have rather not even had them on since they don`t really "repel" the water.

Now I have two California Covers superweave I think? It has a soft material inside the cover and the exterior is much more rugged. Repels water very well and even the spots that pool (I have a spoiler on the back that catches the water) I can just pull up on the cover and it will slide right off.

I would HIGHLY recommend getting something like that. The Noah is nice and soft, but really not suited for full-time outdoor duty.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use WeathershieId on top of a Noah. Pretty much worked like a charm but the cover micromarred my paint. That`s the bad thing about covers.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

if you wax your car you are going to get water spots ie beading

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of rain and water spotting, I`ve found that as long as it rains PLENTY, my outside car will remain nice. I`ve actually seen my car look BETTER after a rain. But when we get one of those 45-second rains while the sun is still shining, nothing is going to stop it from spotting, because the little "magnifying glass" beads bake in the dirt that was on the car.

Sprinklers are another story - that`s hard water.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Speaking of rain and water spotting, I`ve found that as long as it rains PLENTY, my outside car will remain nice. I`ve actually seen my car look BETTER after a rain..
    That`s the usual experience here, though the OCW on my wife`s A8 tends to allow spotting on the rear bumpercover (problematic panel ever since its last repaint).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information