Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ceramic Coatings Cost and Questions

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I’ve not used HydroCharge but I very highly doubt it compares in any way to CanCoat or CQ Lite. I believe it’s a typical ceramic maintenance spray, probably protecting for a few (2-3?) months for a daily driver.
    It is marketed as up to one year and has instructions similar to cancoat and car pro’s lite.

Not a chemical guys user but this is definitely their version of a Coating Lite. Good reviews bit no idea how it stands up to other coating lites.

Know a little about it because i was looking into their Hydroslick product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    I’ve seen a chemical guys coating in 30 mls bottles a few years ago think they called it c9 or something
    Yeah that was their full coating but now C9 only comes as trim coating

Likes BudgetPlan1, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    It is marketed as up to one year and has instructions similar to cancoat and car pro’s lite.

Not a chemical guys user but this is definitely their version of a Coating Lite. Good reviews bit no idea how it stands up to other coating lites.

Know a little about it because i was looking into their Hydroslick product
    Thanks for the correction. And Hydroslick is what I was thinking about.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Chemical Guys Hydroslick ceramic hyper wax. It was $40. After two stage corrections on my Mustang GT, Audi S5 and my mom’s Z3 I applied two coats, leaving 24 hours between each coat and I’ve found it usually fails after one non-contact wash. Really easy to apply if you follow the directions. Thin light coat, leave it for a minute and wipe off. Looks great. But it’s failed pretty quickly on every car I’ve tried it on while only using their honeydew snow foam and v07 spray in conjunction with it, hoping staying in the product line would help preserve it. Nope. Your friends probably got what they paid for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonTheWell View Post
    Your friends probably got what they paid for.
    Well, we’re thinking the friends got HydroCharge rather than Hydroslick. The jury is still out (on this forum anyways) as to what the performance may be.
    Likes PoisonTheWell liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonTheWell View Post
    I have the Chemical Guys Hydroslick ceramic hyper wax. It was $40. After two stage corrections on my Mustang GT, Audi S5 and my mom’s Z3 I applied two coats, leaving 24 hours between each coat and I’ve found it usually fails after one non-contact wash. Really easy to apply if you follow the directions. Thin light coat, leave it for a minute and wipe off. Looks great. But it’s failed pretty quickly on every car I’ve tried it on while only using their honeydew snow foam and v07 spray in conjunction with it, hoping staying in the product line would help preserve it. Nope. Your friends probably got what they paid for.
    Maybe the v07 is masking protection? I read it actually performed well. Just didnt buy because i read it sucked to remove

Post Thanks / Like

Removal is easy. Just thin, light coats, set a timer on your phone for one minute while you do the next panel and buff off. V07 has had no durability for me either. And it leaves streaks/runs if applied in humidity in my experience.

Maybe I’ll give the HydroSlick one last try on the Mustang for the winter. I have some friends coming over to do some work on their cars in my driveway this weekend. I’ll knock it out then.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caled4 View Post
    That is true, I`ve watched a lot of videos by Scott H on YouTube who does a lot of tests on the longevity of car products. CQuartz, Kenzo, and a select few hold their own over time without maintenance in natural elements. It`s interesting how many brands fail to correctly show the timeline of their products

Caled4 -- Exactly !!!! Not sure if anyone is even Durability Testing these products before selling them...It takes - Years - to really test a coating, and none of these people are ever going to take that time; when they can just put something shiny out there and people will stop and pick it up.. Not Me!!!!
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    [/B][/U]

Caled4 -- Exactly !!!! Not sure if anyone is even Durability Testing these products before selling them...It takes - Years - to really test a coating, and none of these people are ever going to take that time; when they can just put something shiny out there and people will stop and pick it up.. Not Me!!!!
    Dan F
    I can tell you from personal experience that Optimum Opti-Coat Pro lasts at least 8+ years. Coated my Dad`s car in 2009, he maintained with ONR, no waxes, no sealants, no boosters (Opti-Coat doesn`t require one) and he was hit in 2016 and the passenger rear door and quarter were repainted. 2 years later, he called to ask if I could put the coating in the refinished areas of the car because they didn`t bead like the rest of the car. Sure enough, when I washed it, I could easily tell what was and what wasn`t coated. Even found a high spot on his rear window I left over 8 years earlier and didn`t see. Ended up just redoing the whole car though, Opti-Coat was 3-4 versions past what I`d put on it.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax View Post
    I can tell you from personal experience that Optimum Opti-Coat Pro lasts at least 8+ years. Coated my Dad`s car in 2009, he maintained with ONR, no waxes, no sealants, no boosters (Opti-Coat doesn`t require one) and he was hit in 2016 and the passenger rear door and quarter were repainted. 2 years later, he called to ask if I could put the coating in the refinished areas of the car because they didn`t bead like the rest of the car. Sure enough, when I washed it, I could easily tell what was and what wasn`t coated. Even found a high spot on his rear window I left over 8 years earlier and didn`t see. Ended up just redoing the whole car though, Opti-Coat was 3-4 versions past what I`d put on it.

8 years is very impressive but I thought it was permanent?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    It may well be... he said at LEAST 8 years....

Post Thanks / Like

I really wish that opti used there tech and know how and update gloss coat to at least be competitive with Cquartz UK and Gyeon Pure. For me gloss coat was very underwhelming and I used when I first started coating cars it was rated at 3 years when there new 2015 update came out. It was barely able to get to 12 months. And there 10cc syringe is equivalent to 10mls. So they were selling 10mls for $60. Therefore if they sold it to you in 30mls or 30cc it would be $180 and Cquartz Uk 30mls is $70 and it’s far superior to glosscoat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    It is. But that`s what I`ve seen so far personally. I really didn`t need to coat anything other than what was repainted because the coating applied in 2009 was obviously still there and working fine. I`ve been using it since 2009 professionally (and in testing since late 2006) and I`ve yet to have a warranty claim or see it actually no longer evident on the paint.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information