Post Thanks / Like

(Yet another) Few questions about FK1000P (BWM-01)

Hello folks,

Mostly read only mode, second time poster.

A weekend warrior in NYC with a newish Forester, applying 2X Klasse polish and 4X glaze sealant twice a year. I add 2 oz of Klasse sealant to Meguair`s quick detailer to top after ONR rinseless washing. Interested in trying FK1000P to top Klasse Sealant for winter.

I went through FK1000P threads here (including the 26-page long) and found a lot of interesting info. Still have some questions, will appreciate if experts can chime in.

- Restoring FK1000P with FK425. I don`t like FK1000P container. It doesn`t close well. I am sure it will dry out eventually. What is the process of restoring it? Doesn`t seem like I can mix anything `in` it. Can I just cover the wax with FK425 until I use the next time to prevent from drying?

- Is there any way of making a quick detailer out of FK1000P (and probably with FK425), like I do it with Klasse Sealant (2oz of Klasse sealant in 16oz of Meguair`s quick detailer, red container)?

- Is there any way of making FK1000P in a little pasty form, little thinner than its standard form? For application, @Accumulator suggested scraping a little with plastic blade or something. If I could make it in a thinner form, I could aliquot it and a little easier for me not to contaminate it.

- Any problem applying with microfiber pads or must use a foam applicator?

- Can one apply FK1000P on the rear windshield? In winter, I seem to be cleaning the rear windshield every other day due to the salt accumulation and wipers not able to do their job. Thought it was the wipers but nope. Maybe I am just picky about rear windshield to be squeaky clean all the time (for dashcam purpose).
    Someone did mention on that 26 page long thread that it doesn`t last on glass, just want to make sure I read correctly.

- Washing the buffing towel after use. I noticed that folks use dedicated microfiber cleaner. TBH, I am not interested in spending that money. I use Kirkland`s detergent (white container). Any idea that will be enough or I should dunk it in diluted (10:1) SuperClean for some time (don`t have APC either, yet) before washing.

- If I am to top KF1000P over 4 coats of Klasse glaze Sealant, do I need to go through the process of claying, iron decon or just wash it well and apply? I applied Klasse early in the spring.

Someone may ask, why FK1000P? Honest answer, I am not rich to spend money on boutique products (16oz sealant costing $20 that lasts only 5 to 6 times applications is boutique to me). FK1000P seems to be best bang for the buck in terms of protection. I don`t care as much if my car shines. All I want is to protect the paint and keep the car presentable.

Thanks for all the comments.

(P.S. - Only reason I made new thread, 26-page long thread gets tiring to read with so many different aspects of the product. It is good one way but difficult to find exact info in the thread.)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: (Yet another) Few questions about FK1000P (BWM-01)

I don`t mind the container, it is an old school tin. I have had a container close to 7 years and it hasn`t hardened. Just make sure to press the lid in and it stays sealed. Any applicator will work and when you rub the applicator it has no problem building up on it. I have used a plastic type spatula cut from an ice cream pale lid and used that to smear the thin layer I scraped from the tin onto a wax pad and used my GG orbital to apply it with no problem.

I don`t think you can make a QD out of it, I don`t think there is a way to turn it into a liquid form for that.

I have used both a foam applicator and MF and either works just fine.

I did try applying it to the front windshield of my last vehicle, it does a nice job of shedding water, but it doesn`t last long though if using the wipers a lot. RainX is easier to apply and wipe off and last just as long. Other may chime in other products that work better for glass.

For washing the towels used to buff the wax off I have used regular detergent and I use the hot water cycle(as long as your water heater isn`t set to high). I do have MF detergent but when I use it up I am going back to regular detergent. Dry on low and don`t use any kind of fabric softeners during wash or dry cycle. If you wish to try a softener try white vinegar in the rinse cycle. I don`t notice much difference using it or not using it.

Your last question, I haven`t used any Klasse products so not much help there. I have only clayed one vehicle and that was my last vehicle when I bought it new. I wanted to make sure the paint was clean for the first polish and waxing. It is up to you if you want to clay it first. It does help remove any old waxes and does help clean the paint. If you clay just make sure to use enough QD spray to keep the clay from sticking to the paint.

Good luck.
    Dean.
    Likes moneyjohn, imported_erazz liked this post
    Thanks moneyjohn thanked for this post

Thread Information