Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant versus Traditional Sealants - Test!

acuRAS82:
    Thank you for sharing your evaluations of and experiences with sealants. I can say with confidence that Autopians such as yourself who take the time to post their photos and type out extensive information as you have done, not to mention buying the various car-care products and using them on your own personal vehicle as a "test mule" are invaluable to this Autopian detailing fraternity/community. We all benefit from your efforts and it is not lost on myself of the influence this forum has had on my detailing craft/skills/methodologies and product purchases, and for that I and many others are deeply grateful.

I do like the fact that you mentioned Collinite 915 Marque D`elegance wax. It is THE one LSP I have used extensively for a long-lasting carnauba-llke look. It may be "old school", but for someone who IS "old school", it still appeals to me (Wax on/wax off).

That said, car-care manufacturers new offering of ceramic waxes and post-wax application ceramic sprays has piqued my interest. It is the next advancement in car-care products and if it can provide "old school" application and removal methodologies with new SIO2/ceramic care-care chemical technology and desired LSP characteristics at an affordable price (at least to a hobbyist such as myself), I am all for it.
    GB detailer
    Likes Oneheadlite, acuRAS82 liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I bought my UPP in 2018. Mine is tan...
    Ah, OK...at least now I know which of mine is the older one Not that I`ve ever noticed any functional diffs...I do wonder whether they`ve improved it in a huge way since I got mine, but I`m too gun-shy to try it again since I`ve latched onto the FK.

Accumulator, I would not worry about a small test area of mine discrediting your recommendations. You’ve used this over and over, as have many others here. My instance is a first use applied to a tiny area. No one should let my result keep them away from such a highly praised product.
    Well, I do want to know about these differing experiences and you`re one more of the "but then OTOH..." counter-examples that I want to always mention as part of the usual "!YMMV!" caveats. I`m pretty, uhm...adamant...about my recommendations, but IMO that means I gotta be especially responsible about `em not biting anybody too.
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    acuRAS82:
    Thank you for sharing your evaluations of and experiences with sealants. I can say with confidence that Autopians such as yourself who take the time to post their photos and type out extensive information as you have done, not to mention buying the various car-care products and using them on your own personal vehicle as a "test mule" are invaluable to this Autopian detailing fraternity/community. We all benefit from your efforts and it is not lost on myself of the influence this forum has had on my detailing craft/skills/methodologies and product purchases, and for that I and many others are deeply grateful.

I do like the fact that you mentioned Collinite 915 Marque D`elegance wax. It is THE one LSP I have used extensively for a long-lasting carnauba-llke look. It may be "old school", but for someone who IS "old school", it still appeals to me (Wax on/wax off).

That said, car-care manufacturers new offering of ceramic waxes and post-wax application ceramic sprays has piqued my interest. It is the next advancement in car-care products and if it can provide "old school" application and removal methodologies with new SIO2/ceramic care-care chemical technology and desired LSP characteristics at an affordable price (at least to a hobbyist such as myself), I am all for it.
    Thank you for the kind words Lonnie. I learned so much my first few years on this forum that I’m happy to donate a panels and some free time for others to know one additional real life experience. This place and AGO are amazing.

I am a staunch supporter of ceramic waxes and now this ceramic sealant. I find that the waxes and sealants aren’t just coatings in a paste or think liquid, they definitely share some attributes of traditional waxes and sealants beyond the application aspect. PBL Synergy, Dodo Nano wax and now I’m finding with Kamikaze Infinity Wax have a definite deep reflection and smoothness not consistent with regular ceramic products. When I apply them I tend to go “Oh yeah, that’s my old favorite carnauba look”. But they also share the glassy, hard looking ceramic appeal. And of course they have excellent water behavior. WG SiO2 seems to be DGPS on beading steroids. And the performance sticks around at a high level from what I’ve seen.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information