Post Thanks / Like

removing CarPro Essence Plus

Last weekend I polished then applied Essence Plus to my truck. Since I`ve decided to apply CQuartz UK. I now need to remove the essence plus so the ceramic will bond. What is the best method Clay or repolish? Paint is in perfect condition.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: removing CarPro Essence Plus

I would say re-polish. I would use a like finishing polish or even regular CarPro Essence.

I don’t think clay will really do anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know how to remove Carpro essence extreme gloss which seems to set like concrete?
    I was under the mistaken impression that essence had good correcting abilities and as a result didn`t do any compounding or finishing prior to its use. The problem I forsee is that I wont be able to easily remove the existing essence coat in order to refine the paint before reapplying essence and a topper.
    Does anyone know if essence degenerates over time and detaches itself from the clearcoat or does it just lose its hydrophobic properties and remain as a barrier?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMac View Post
    Does anyone know how to remove Carpro essence extreme gloss which seems to set like concrete?
    I was under the mistaken impression that essence had good correcting abilities and as a result didn`t do any compounding or finishing prior to its use. The problem I forsee is that I wont be able to easily remove the existing essence coat in order to refine the paint before reapplying essence and a topper.
    Does anyone know if essence degenerates over time and detaches itself from the clearcoat or does it just lose its hydrophobic properties and remain as a barrier?

CarPro Essence Plus+ and Carpro Essence Extreme Gloss are 2 different products.

Carpro Essence Extreme Gloss - This is an extremely light polish and more of a finial step / coating prep polish. I would not be using this as a compound/polish expecting any major correction power.

If you are looking to "remove" Essence Extreme Gloss I would just use a normal compound or finishing polish. This is not a long term coating.

CarPro Essence Plus+ - This on the other hand while named the same is a follow-up product to use as a coating cleanup / repair. I would suggest using it by hand or very lightly with a wax pad on machine. The naming on these 2 products drives me nuts. They really need to change one of the names because people get them confused.

Essence Plus+ is just like Essence or any other sealant/wax. Of course it will degrade over time and just wear away. Coating essentially do the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks for that. My full reply is under the Carpro Essence qurstions thrrad.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    My full teply is under the Carpro Essence questions thread.
    TheMac

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    CarPro Essence Plus+ and Carpro Essence Extreme Gloss are 2 different products.

Carpro Essence Extreme Gloss - This is an extremely light polish and more of a finial step / coating prep polish. I would not be using this as a compound/polish expecting any major correction power.

If you are looking to "remove" Essence Extreme Gloss I would just use a normal compound or finishing polish. This is not a long term coating.

CarPro Essence Plus+ - This on the other hand while named the same is a follow-up product to use as a coating cleanup / repair. I would suggest using it by hand or very lightly with a wax pad on machine. The naming on these 2 products drives me nuts. They really need to change one of the names because people get them confused.

Essence Plus+ is just like Essence or any other sealant/wax. Of course it will degrade over time and just wear away. Coating essentially do the same thing.
    he nailed it Essence doesn’t really correct like m205 it lighter but boy does it gloss the panel up wish it wasn’t so expensive!

Essence plus is basically a ceramic liquid wax/glaze for coating and also expensive in past I have mixed it until reload and cure to make a very nice topper once coating had swirls.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMac View Post
    Are you having issues while you are using it? Or are you trying to remove it?

Essence in the end is a finishing polish. The paint hardness is going to determine how well it will correct.

Essence is not that hydrophobic by nature. Essence Plus is hydrophobic and is more of sealant than anything so it will degrade naturally over time.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Thread Information