Post Thanks / Like

Real world comparison - Cosmic Spritz vs. Cosmic Spritz with Primer adaption

I have always enjoyed following these sort of threads and finally got around to posting one of my own, in the process trying out a new product to enhance one I`ve sworn by for the last 5-6 months.

Car was wearing no protection so got a full decontamination, polish to the bonnet (to remove a minor scratch) and an IPA all over. This particular car is a daily driver and maintained weekly with AutoFoam and PH neutral shampoo. Deliberately doing this test on a family member`s car as there is no risk of me getting bored and using a drying aid or booster in 3 days time.

Products applied;

#1. Driver side bonnet - Primer Spritz then 2 coats of Cosmic Spritz. Estimated durability with the Primer binding agents and hardeners is 12-14 months

#2. Passenger side bonnet - Regular IPA then Cosmic Spritz. Estimated durability as a standalone sealant is 6 months

#3. All remaining panels - Gyeon Cancoat. Cancoat is a really good benchmark and I had some spare. I added a coat of Cosmic Spritz on top of one panel purely to observe if there was any visual difference.

#4. Driver side alloys - Polish Angel PTFE Supersport Wheel Wax Spray

#5. Passenger side alloys - Gyeon Cancoat

#6. Drivers side tyres - 2 coats of Black Pearl tyre coating. Applied Car Pro Perl to the passenger side as a benchmark.

I`m particularly interested to see how #1 compares to #2 - applying Primer Spritz before Cosmic Spritz is said to double the durability of Cosmic on it`s own, with the hardeners turning an extremely good coating topper or standalone sealant into a coating itself.

Assuming the Primer adaption lives up to it`s hype I will likely use this in place of more typical coatings in the future. I don`t have a garage, I don`t have the lighting set-up to be certain that I haven`t missed a high spot and this method is as easy as applying an IPA and sealant. Because hardening happens when the two products combine there`s no need to throw away towels (unlike I had to do when applying the Cancoat).

Here`s what Polish Angel say about the system;

2-Part System - Use PRIMER SPRITZ before COSMIC SPRITZ SPRAYCOAT form the full hardness. POLISHANGELReal world comparison - Cosmic Spritz vs. Cosmic Spritz with Primer adaption GLASSCOATReal world comparison - Cosmic Spritz vs. Cosmic Spritz with Primer adaption| COSMIC SPRITZ SPRAY is the latest developed spray coating with PRIMER adaption which allows us know to get a minimum protection up 12-14 months.

PRIMER SPRITZ removes any surface impurities left after polishing and leaves behind the hardeners uniquely formulated for COSMIC SPRITZ SPRAYCOAT

COSMIC SPRITZ SPRAYCOAT has a very high concentration Silica and Titanium Dioxide. Silica produces an extremely hard durable surface that protects against corrosion. Titanium dioxide provides extreme shine and color transparency.

For those who don`t know how easy Cosmic is to apply I took a short video:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/E69hExtHU51Qefyz9

Will keep you posted!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Real world comparison - Cosmic Spritz vs. Cosmic Spritz with Primer adaption

Thank you for this test. I am curious to hear how the Primer Spritz may extend the life of Cosmic Spraycoat. I`ve never seen this tested yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Real world comparison - Cosmic Spritz vs. Cosmic Spritz with Primer adaption

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Thank you for this test. I am curious to hear how the Primer Spritz may extend the life of Cosmic Spraycoat. I`ve never seen this tested yet.
    No problem. I searched everywhere for some evidence but had to bite one very pricey bullet and try it for myself.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    No problem. I searched everywhere for some evidence but had to bite one very pricey bullet and try it for myself.
    Gonna follow this one!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome test, all around. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Great test! Appreciate you doing this. In for updates!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Subscribed! Thanks for biting the primer spritz bullet for me. Did you try spritz and Cosmic over Cancoat? If not that would be a interesting combo as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Subscribed! Thanks for biting the primer spritz bullet for me. Did you try spritz and Cosmic over Cancoat? If not that would be a interesting combo as well.

Didn`t because `in theory` the PA combo would outlast Cancoat. Ah what the heck let`s try drivers door with primer/cosmic combo over the top. Cancoat will have been left for about 20 hours - hope that`ll be alright!
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

any update?

Post Thanks / Like

Also interested in a update. Trying to decide between Cosmic Spritz and High Gloss.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys very sorry for the lack of update on this one, I had been updating the Detailing World thread but forgot I had also posted here...

I had planned to document a monthly update but sadly the protection started to FAIL after just 3 weeks - this is where I`d expect to see Cosmic normally start to slow down, but by no means fail..

The primer base was meant to significantly extent durability, so I blamed this on an Alkaline snow foam being used to maintain the car... I polished back the panel and tried again... identical results. Recorded my findings and contacted PA, they thought I had received a dud bottle or had frozen in transit (as it was dispatched during a cold time in Germany). They very kindly sent me new bottles of both the Primer and Cosmic which was great, but the results were again identical. Needless to say I tried every variable to extract the `additional` performance and durability the Primer was advertised to give - this included but was not limited to even more liberal application, dwell time, pre-primer panel wiping, delaying the application of the Cosmic, triple layering Cosmic, force cure with heat, not washing for 2 weeks.

With the exception of the third coat of Cosmic on top (which weirdly gave me another few weeks - past 2 the returns are diminishing normally), none of the variables made any noticeable difference - Primer in some cases was making Cosmic slow down and fail sooner than I would typically get applying it on it`s own to bare paint.

How has Primer Spritz got through the various hoops of making it to market? How has there not been more noise about a reputable and boutique brand with some of the finest products on the market completely mis-selling a DUD for over £50? I don`t make those statements lightly.

I am normally an avid researcher when it comes to detailing products, never buy something on a whim and I`m sorry I didn`t question the lack of noise on this combo, which sounded so so good on paper. I was sucked into the PA and Esoteric marketing jargon, if it had given me 8 months total durability (never mind the BS 15-18 month claims) I would have called that a success given how much I adore Cosmic. Unfortunately this has put a real dampener on the PA experience for me, Cosmic will remain a fun QD but even with Primer it can`t be considered as a serious form of standalone protection as it simply doesn`t have the durability.

With a few tweaks to the formula, and some slightly better durability even with the compromise of some ease of use PA would have the ultimate coating topper.. as it stands, it`s so close yet so far... I don`t apply LSPs without thorough chemical decon, and I like to have at least 3 months between major decons and Cosmic can`t do that... Cosmic has spoiled me with short term performance but the search for a longer life equivalent continues

Post Thanks / Like

In my exp, the only thing that I have gotten any long term ( in excess of 3 months for me is long term ) is the cosmic V2, which has been going it seems like forever ( 2-1/2 yrs ) and that includes ALL of the viking series offerings.

Post Thanks / Like

My cosmic V2 with 2 top ups is still rocking after about 7mths ago.
    Likes re-tired liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

V2 is their coating. Coatings gonna last at least a year. Cosmic spritz in it’s own is about 3 months where i feel needs a top up (still 70-80) percent.

I haven’t really found a wax, sealant, sio2 spray that performs to what i expect past 3 months.

At three months the Cosmic is still their and performing but if you got it, use it.

Likes noorth liked this post

Thread Information