Post Thanks / Like

Megs hybrid ceramic wax/detailer

Hi everyone,

I`ve been a long time Zaino user and I thought it was about time to try something else (it`s getting hard to find it locally too).

I`m not too knowledgeable on ceramic coatings but from reading reviews and watching some videos Megs ceramic line seems to be easy for the average person. So I picked up a bottle of the spray wax and detailer.

Now my question is after applying the coating(s) what is the usual process/products to maintain it? Does the wash need to be ceramic specific or anything will do (have some CG honydew leftover)? For weekly/bi-weekly washes do I just wash, re-apply wax or detailer if needed?

Any info would be greatly appreciated for a ceramic newb

tia

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Megs hybrid ceramic wax/detailer

Quote Originally Posted by TCC13 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I`ve been a long time Zaino user and I thought it was about time to try something else (it`s getting hard to find it locally too).

I`m not too knowledgeable on ceramic coatings but from reading reviews and watching some videos Megs ceramic line seems to be easy for the average person. So I picked up a bottle of the spray wax and detailer.

Now my question is after applying the coating(s) what is the usual process/products to maintain it? Does the wash need to be ceramic specific or anything will do (have some CG honydew leftover)? For weekly/bi-weekly washes do I just wash, re-apply wax or detailer if needed?

Any info would be greatly appreciated for a ceramic newb

tia
    Please type out the full name of the products you purchased, because there is no real overlap in the Meg`s line.
    Their regular spray wax will behave a lot different from lets say, Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

Big fan, I`m still skeptical in terms of the si02 hybrid ceramic products with respect to contaminating behind body panels when "spray and rinsing" to apply, but I`ve long ditched Zaino and wipe-on-walk-away products in favor of si02 "spray and rinse" products.

If you are using Meg HCW, you definitely don`t need to reapply every wash. In fact, I recall it only starts to significantly wear off in the 2-3 month range.
    It`s so easy to apply that you could be tempted to reapply more often, but there will be negligible durability gains, and you would be wasting product. If you get the urge to apply LSP, feel free to apply it to your kids toy wagons, house windows, showers, balcony windows, etc. HAH

Post Thanks / Like

It`s the Megs hybrid ceramic wax spray bottle and the detailer that I picked up.

hcw.jpg

For maintenance do I need specific wash products or will anything do?
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Stay away from wash and wax soaps. Their are sio2 soaps that add a little protection. For me i wash alternating between Car Pros Reset and Optimum car wash.

Can’t get OTC but you can order from Autopia. Resets kinda expensive but dilutes down well. You could also stay in meguiars line with Hyperwash.

Don’t need to over do with HCW at most youll only need once a month. The HCD is perfect for maintaining.... its an awesome product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Megs hybrid ceramic wax/detailer

Quote Originally Posted by TCC13 View Post
    It`s the Megs hybrid ceramic wax spray bottle and the detailer that I picked up.

hcw.jpg

For maintenance do I need specific wash products or will anything do?
    You will be fine with what you have. Meguiar’s even says one can use their ultimate wash & wax soap. They are not true ceramics is what I’m getting at. Rather ceramic infused.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Any old car wash, then drying aid with HCD.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Any old car wash, then drying aid with HCD.
    You try HCD as a drying aid yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    You try HCD as a drying aid yet?
    I did, and I recall: use sparingly otherwise I had to go back and re-wipe some haze where I used too much, and don’t use on top of pure polymer sealants (in this case, Ultima Acrylic Spray Wax), because the hazing was a bit more prevalent.

Other than that it worked well.

Post Thanks / Like

I went back and looked at my detailing “journal” spreadsheet. I had made a note that I didn’t like my experience with HCD as a drying aid (love it dry though), although per what I typed above, it went a little smoother used sparingly, but even then I still saw some streaks the next day.

Anyone else have similar experience trying HCD as a drying aid?

Post Thanks / Like

I went back and looked at my detailing “journal” spreadsheet. I had made a note that I didn’t like my experience with HCD as a drying aid (love it dry though), although per what I typed above, it went a little smoother used sparingly, but even then I still saw some streaks the next day.

Anyone else have similar experience trying HCD as a drying aid?
    I’m using strictly products that are made for drying aid. I have TW CWW, CG Afterwash and Ammo Hydrate.

Acura do you towel dry your cars? PFM’s? If so give Hydrate a try. It has surpassed Cosmic as my favorite detailing product. If you don’t have frothe for a WW get that too. You will ABSOLUTELY love them both. I have not come across any products that can simulate either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I’m using strictly products that are made for drying aid. I have TW CWW, CG Afterwash and Ammo Hydrate.

Acura do you towel dry your cars? PFM’s? If so give Hydrate a try. It has surpassed Cosmic as my favorite detailing product. If you don’t have frothe for a WW get that too. You will ABSOLUTELY love them both. I have not come across any products that can simulate either.
    I towel and PFM and blow dry... obviously towel when using drying aid. I have not subjected my PFMs to drying with drying aids as I’m afraid to make them hydrophobic in the slightest way (just due to their cost). I have a good number of PFMs of different sizes and will eventually try them during drying aids as some get older. Precautionary?? Maybe.

But the truth is I haven’t used drying aids much lately except for testing. That’s because of other testing, I don’t want to alter my LSPs much in the last few months. That mindset will change soon enough though.

I have Frothe on my list of things to buy when I think I will use them. Right now I have a zillion WWs that I’m trying to slowly get use out of. With the weather getting nice, I’ll probably be back to normal washes the majority of time now. If they ever have a sale (besides shipping over $100 around Xmas) then I may jump on that and some others immediately. Hydrate, I’ll keep that on my radar now since you recommended it. I have no doubt it’s very good, I just have a zillion QDs and spray waxes for drying aids which is preventing me from having anything new on my drying aid list. But, time heals all curiosities... ?or-something-like-that?

Post Thanks / Like

I towel and PFM and blow dry... obviously towel when using drying aid. I have not subjected my PFMs to drying with drying aids as I’m afraid to make them hydrophobic in the slightest way (just due to their cost). I have a good number of PFMs of different sizes and will eventually try them during drying aids as some get older. Precautionary?? Maybe.

But the truth is I haven’t used drying aids much lately except for testing. That’s because of other testing, I don’t want to alter my LSPs much in the last few months. That mindset will change soon enough though.

I have Frothe on my list of things to buy when I think I will use them. Right now I have a zillion WWs that I’m trying to slowly get use out of. With the weather getting nice, I’ll probably be back to normal washes the majority of time now. If they ever have a sale (besides shipping over $100 around Xmas) then I may jump on that and some others immediately. Hydrate, I’ll keep that on my radar now since you recommended it. I have no doubt it’s very good, I just have a zillion QDs and spray waxes for drying aids which is preventing me from having anything new on my drying aid list. But, time heals all curiosities... ?or-something-like-that?
    I agree with you on pfm’s and not wanting to change performance. I’m only testing with two 16x16 (oldest ones). Just a heads up though as it’s a product like no other. My favorite before this was Ech20 MM. It’s not even close. Although hydrate is WAY more costly.

Post Thanks / Like

HCW is so easy to reapply and renew 2-4+ months of durability, I wouldn`t even bother with a "drying aid" unless your area has particularly hard water.

Cheapass alternative, get a bottle of Optimum No Rinse and dilute a bottle to the QD ratio and use as a drying aid. Doubles as many other products at various dilutions.

Thread Information