Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar’s ceramic detailer is beyond good.

Just picked up bottle very pleasant to use beading is better than any other topper I have used. Plus has slickness during use not just slickness after it applied and wiped dry or cured. It has decent cleaning but felt extremely slippery when wiping the surface during drying. That’s the most noticeable thing that stood out it was topping CQUK which is a grabby coating. Also didn’t oil cloud/smear up the glass. Now I just need the detailer line bead boost and the new sealant to compare it to. Jimbo’s one video shows the beading it really is nice plus price was $15 plus 5 dollar rebate. Gloss wise was average like any other detailer. I think that’s why I liked it so much it applies like a top line detailer like Adams but you get the beading of a top of line sio2 spray sealant. What ever Meguiar’s has developed and used in the ceramic line up works great.
    Likes Loach, quebert, bad penny liked this post
    Thanks Diner, BillE thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar’s ceramic detailer is beyond good.

A YT detailer Jimbo made a video for this, there were smaller water beads inside of the big water beads. I`ve never seen anything like it, it looked pretty damn cool. I shall be buying a bottle of this, I want to see water beads inside of other water beads on my car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    A YT detailer Jimbo made a video for this, there were smaller water beads inside of the big water beads. I`ve never seen anything like it, it looked pretty damn cool. I shall be buying a bottle of this, I want to see water beads inside of other water beads on my car.
    Yeah its good stuff and feels great to apply. Probably won’t be to durable being a detailer. Ill have to look for inception beads. Put it on rear quarters compared to Kami Overcoat. Only been a few days but its keeping up. I wanna test it on a flat surface next tho.

Interested if 799 bead boost is concentrated version of same stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, isn`t this the same product Loach did a big presentation (video) on?
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    Guys, isn`t this the same product Loach did a big presentation (video) on?
    Yes it is. But if someone wants to start a new thead with their experiences.... is it not OK?

Post Thanks / Like

If there is already a thread I missed it my bad that video made me go out and buy this

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    If there is already a thread I missed it my bad that video made me go out and buy this
    Yeah loach put out a video but no harm. You tried a product you liked it and you posted. It’s good to get out all the info on a new product out their you can.

Jimbo actually says rhis is the best product out of Megs new Ceramic line. Thats saying alot with the popularity of megs ceramic hybrid wax.

Im just hoping gallons come out. Still more economical to mix my own.

I’m gonna get the bead boost and mess around with it when it comes out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Yeah its good stuff and feels great to apply. Probably won’t be to durable being a detailer. Ill have to look for inception beads. Put it on rear quarters compared to Kami Overcoat. Only been a few days but its keeping up. I wanna test it on a flat surface next tho.

Interested if 799 bead boost is concentrated version of same stuff.

On your comment about the 799 bead boost being a concentrated version of the detailer....I want to say i remember watching a Jimbo video from SEMA where he was meeting with the Meguiars Rep. I want to say it was stated yes it is, but no it isn’t. I know, an oxymoron, but I think I remember that. Let me see if I can find the video and link it in....

I want to say it was this video....

https://youtu.be/qYGLU270SL0

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post

is it not OK?

It`s more than OK! I just wanted to mention it to William because Loach had invested significant time in his presentation and he`s got good scientific method in his work. Definitely worth viewing.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

So didnt talk about comparing to HCD But HCWax. Interesting thing was that if you dilute it down as a QD it was 3 parts product to 1 part water.

At $99 dollars a gallon i can make 6.5 bottles of beadboost as a detailer. Not much savings over the per bottle price of HCD. Sure its gonna be an amazing topper but I have to many to have any interest as that.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tested this beside the Hybrid Solutions ceramic detailer?

Post Thanks / Like

This is great feedback, good to hear that you`re liking HCD and I think it`s definitely one of my top choices not just for over-the-counter products, but an easy choice for the price for 26oz as a high tier topper with the features that I`m looking for. Meguiar`s is really appealing to the guys that like that insane hydrophobic behavior with HCW, HCLW, and now HCD. And before we used to have to fight with Meguiar`s on hydrophobics until the Ultimate line came out, and they`ve since stepped it up big time with the Hybrid Ceramic line. The way I see it, we can debate to the ends of the earth on performance-based protection and how long UV inhibitors are actually lasting, and how well each product really does in combating oxidation, all of these properties are too difficult to test in a short term manner with much accuracy. What ends up mattering to me, is what the products are showing me at a maintenance level during the next wash, and Meguiar`s is catering very well to what I want at a high level with consumer available products.

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    Has anyone tested this beside the Hybrid Solutions ceramic detailer?
    Yes the HS Ceramic Detailer is going to feel much different, it won`t have anywhere near the type of hydrophobic behavior that HCD leaves behind. I`m much more likely to keep the HS lineup paired together with itself and that`s going to work well, the HS Spray Coating is more resistant against Strip Down than the Meguiar`s Hybrid Ceramic line. Would be interesting to see the performance for the guys up in the rust belt to see which line they feel is working better during the winter.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I sprayed the Meguiar`s product on 3 "bare" panels yesterday. Has a very nice silky slickness to it. Don`t know how much winter weather we have left...

Post Thanks / Like

Today I washed my Acura (LSP is 1-month old CMX on top of PBL Sealant) with M37 SiO2 Wash (leaves basically nothing behind).

Split the hood into 3. Drivers side Megs HCD. Middle is nothing new (CMX). Passenger side M37 Ceramic Detailer.

Lots of rain expected tonight and rain out tomorrow (quarter inch or more). Wednesday no precipitation, but Thursday is mire rain and then Friday is a bit of snow. The car will be driven the next few days and then sit outside for the weekend.

I’ll post results often... I would expect neither of these QDs to make it past the next wash early next week... but how long will I see a difference in beading from the center hood? Time will tell.

Likes Loach, Stokdgs, Tc99m liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, Diner thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Split the hood into 3. Drivers side Megs HCD. Middle is nothing new (CMX). Passenger side M37 Ceramic Detailer.

I’ll post results often... I would expect neither of these QDs to make it past the next wash early next week... but how long will I see a difference in beading from the center hood? Time will tell.
    Early results are in! Heavy rain last night:

Test panel (just old CMX):

M37 Ceramic Detailer Spray passenger side:

And [drumroll] Megs HCD drivers side:

Wow! For comparisons’ sake, here’s the 6 week old CanCoat on my wife’s hood that is slightly dirty but not filthy:

Likes Tc99m, Loach, RMD liked this post
    Thanks Diner, Desertnate thanked for this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information