Post Thanks / Like

How do I get rid of leftover polish spots that are stuck on plastic near the wipers?

I tried scrubbing but it`s not budging

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do I get rid of leftover polish spots that are stuck on plastic near the wipers?

Are you talking about polish on some of the plastic on the vehicle or on the paint? On the plastic you can try mineral spirits or a similar solvent. McKee’s makes a product to get wax off of plastic trim which works well also. If it’s on the paint repolish the area don’t work the polish quite as long and wipe off.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do I get rid of leftover polish spots that are stuck on plastic near the wipers?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Are you talking about polish on some of the plastic on the vehicle or on the paint? On the plastic you can try mineral spirits or a similar solvent. McKee’s makes a product to get wax off of plastic trim which works well also. If it’s on the paint repolish the area don’t work the polish quite as long and wipe off.
    Yes polish on the plastic parts of the vehicle. They are small dots. Basically splatter. I`ll look up what you suggested thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Leaving aside the whole issue of why there`d be splatter anywhere any time...

Besides the McKees stuff, there are other similar products. IIRC, the older one I have is called something like GR8 (get it? ). It worked sorta-OK on old splatter that was on that last M3 I had, better than anything else I tried (solvents, KAIO, you name it I tried it).

BUT....maybe it was just because that stuff was on there for so long before I got it, but whatever the reason, some of it wouldn`t come off despite hours and hours of work. I was wearing the texture down and the [stuff] was still on there! I couldn`t even pick it off with Dental Picks (under magnification), it had somehow permeated the plastic or something....Only time I`ve ever encountered anything like that With luck this situation won`t be that bad, but I sure wouldn`t let it go for too long lest it turn into the nightmare I had (I finally just replaced the plastic trim in question).

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire was remover is quite effective. I have a review on it over on Autogeek.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Blackfire was remover is quite effective. I have a review on it over on Autogeek.
    My other brother Mike means this --- https://www.autopia-carcare.com/blac...l#.XYVNDFWpH3g

Then after using it, Blackfire recommends using this -- https://www.autopia-carcare.com/blac...l#.XYVNtFWpH3g

Dan F
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used the big gum eraser with great success. Especially when not having to work a large area. Quick, cheap, easy and better yet no chemical to have you glove up over.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar`s M39 and a toothbrush.

Post Thanks / Like

TheMeanGreen- M39 did *NOTHING* at all on the dried compound when I tried it on the M3, and IME is a really mild product. No, no, not flaming the stuff, I used to reach for it often even if I did chuckle about the "Heavy Duty" in its name. Just sayin` so svtcobra doesn`t experience Buyer`s Remorse if buying for this specific job.

Stokdgs- regardng that second product, I can`t for the life of me figure out how people avoid overspray with aerosols for jobs like that. I find it hard enough to keep stuff off adjacent surfaces when I apply it *SO CAREFULLY* with my various applicators (often under magnification). I never even use trigger-sprayers for things like this unless doing something really large, just not enough control.

Anyhoo..how well does that hold up compared to something like Ultima TTG+? I`m still using that and then maintaining with my Drying Aids.

Thread Information