Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone seen this review on coatings?

Looking for comments.

Link Removed

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone seen this review on coatings?

Well we all know the mr fix doesn`t have durability. The Avalon kings kit, I have my doubts, here`s why. Sweet project cars , he says he`s tried every coating on the market, and this is the only one worth using. That kind of statement is so full of crap, I wouldn`t believe anything he says. So based in that, I would never be willing to try it.

Thats is just me though.

after thinking for a minute. The fact they sell mr fix as a good option. Doesn`t help their case either in my book.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I took the time to read every word, took a while..

See american and european words used here, why is that ?? Is this just cut and paste of other people`s words or what ?

See many sentences that are absolutely making no sense, and go from one subject to another mid-sentence, which is kind of alarming to me..

See these experts (?) say all these glowing things about the longevity of these products, but then also say they have only used 1 (?) for a "little over a year", and still claim some of these product go 3-5 years..
    Am I the only one to notice the bad math???

Have never heard of any of these products except for the CarPro and Sonax that had another earlier product - ( Sonax Polymer Net Shield, PNS), so it looks like the rest are the Flavor-of-the-Month things that all have one thing in common, -- NO ONE has any test results that show longevity at the least..

And one expert is a Mechanical Engineer and the other an Automotive Engineer who used to be an Electrician.. Not 1 mention of how many years either has been involved in Detailing at the Coating, Sealant, Wax, etc., level - why is that ???? Do you really want someone with apparently, no experience that I can read here, advising you on what is the best product ???

We have a few good men on this Forum alone that have spent a few years working with all the available products in the real life of Detailing, patiently, with much detail, helping us all learn and understand what happens in the real world of doing this...

Looks like a lot of Marketing 101 and it was not even proof-read that well for someone that was not even an English major to read some weird stuff going on..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

BC, the markets will be flooded with new/unknown products going forward.

I`ve used the MR FIX 9H product. It`s rubbish, even when first applied.

My son applied the Avalon King coating to his car 2 months ago. Looks fine so far. The real test will be endurance over the next year or two.

Personally, I can`t be bothered with unproven products. I simply don`t have the time or desire to waste my effort on something that`s going to fade away in a couple of months. Not worth it. I`m sticking with proven/known-good products.
    Likes Oneheadlite, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The problem is that coatings are just like waxes now. Everybody has a newer better one. I honestly wish there were no coatings at all!
    Likes Stokdgs, Old Pirate, tropicsteve, craigdt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This appears to read like one of those "10 best _____" articles.

Just google "best upright vacuum" or "best food processor" and you`ll see what I mean.

I`m fairly certain they`re just generated using some sort of algorithm which inserts features and specs into a template.
    Likes Stokdgs, tom p., tropicsteve, craigdt liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    The problem is that coatings are just like waxes now. Everybody has a newer better one. I honestly wish there were no coatings at all!
    I have to agree with you here. I miss applying a good sealant, but nobody wants sealants anymore.

Honestly, I think the majority of the coatings on the market from the big detailing name brands are very similar.
    Likes Stokdgs, tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you from an inside person that the majority are made in the same place, including some pro only you know.
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you from an inside person that the majority are made in the same place, including some pro only you know.
    I`ve heard the same thing so I can believe it, and so many other products as well.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yep

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see so many here picking up on the various clues that the article isn`t credible.

Post Thanks / Like

I fell for one of the 9h coatings a while ago. They aren`t any sort of deal, McKee`s is usually less per ounce and it is the real deal.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The days of waxing and sealants are almost gone with these products and those were the great days IMO......Next is a Carbon Coating that will last over 5 years.....
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!
    Likes Stokdgs, 340mopars, tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old Pirate View Post
    The days of waxing and sealants are almost gone with these products and those were the great days IMO.....
    Eh, maybe for Pros, but not for some of us. IMO it`s like all kinds of "obsolete` (scare-quotes intentional) things...from conventional LSPs to manual transmissions to landline phones. Sometimes that old stuff is basically the only thing that`ll do the job.

I`ve yet to hear a remotely decent argument for how a Coating would work for me; what, keep a fresh supply on the shelf and redo entire panels each time? That`d be crazy for those little spot-corrections that take a few minutes (and a few cents) to fix the old way. I don`t even see how that`d work out for Pros, or rather, their customers.

EDIT: Heh heh, a few more of these Coating Threads and I`ll be trying to trade my 22ple for something that I`ll actually use. Every time I think about the subject it sounds even more wrong for me! I fear that new coating will just sit there unused until it goes bad, just like my Optimum ones eventually did...and I *used* those
    Likes Old Pirate, craigdt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    Well we all know the mr fix doesn`t have durability. The Avalon kings kit, I have my doubts, here`s why. Sweet project cars , he says he`s tried every coating on the market, and this is the only one worth using. That kind of statement is so full of crap, I wouldn`t believe anything he says. So based in that, I would never be willing to try it.

Thats is just me though.

after thinking for a minute. The fact they sell mr fix as a good option. Doesn`t help their case either in my book.

Must be better than Kamikaze.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information