Post Thanks / Like

Nanolex Sishield caoting

I have the Nanolex Sishield coating - going to use on my Outback. But for the life of me, I can`t find anything on curing time before applying a second coat. Anyone know the answer?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanolex Sishield caoting

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    I have the Nanolex Sishield coating - going to use on my Outback. But for the life of me, I can`t find anything on curing time before applying a second coat. Anyone know the answer?
    Application:

1. Cleaning: The paint surface to be sealed must be dry and free of dirt and dust. For pretreatment and preparation of older paints, our Nanolex polishes and polishing pads. As a final step before applying the seal, we recommend cleaning the paint with Nanolex EX.

2. Processing: Process Nanolex SiShield at + 5 ° C to + 25 ° C / Humidity <80% / avoid direct sunlight during application. Drop 4-6 drops of Nanolex Si3Shield onto a fine mesh microfiber applicator cloth with applicator block. Work always in small areas, otherwise surpluses may not be removed in time. Surpluses should be removed within 5-10 minutes with one of our top microfibre cloths.

3. Drying: The hardening phase is 12 hours at 20 ° C. After this period, the coating is weatherproof. The vehicle should not be washed after sealing within the next 72 hours. The complete cure is completed after 7 days. Nanolex SiShield can be thermally cured (with, for example, infrared rays). The curing time is 3-4 hours at 50 ° C or 2 hours at 80 ° C.

Post Thanks / Like

I`d definately dig further before application.

I *think* when I used their Si3D product it was kinda a weird application in that the second coat was applied nearly immediately after the first.

Check YouTube for vids or contact Phil at Detailers Domain for clarification.

Post Thanks / Like

Phil was not available today and saw nothing on Youtube so I took advantage of today`s great weather. I applied the first coat around 9am - before the sun was shining on the Subura and waited until later in the day with the car in the shade, out of hot sun. Glad it`s finished but I was impressed with how super easy application was for both coats.

Now, I`ll have to wait for some nice weather and time off to coat my Audi with Kamikaze!
    Likes Mary B, BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post

Thread Information