Post Thanks / Like

‘19 VW GLI - What to use?

Well the time finally came our old ‘09 VW Jetta finally bit the dust and we decided to go with a newer Jetta GLI. This time against my better judgement and suggestions my wife decided to go with Black. I was able to work a deal and get this ordered in and was sure that they didn’t wash or prep it other than pulling the plastics and doing their PPI.

Pictures is just for reference.

http://https://blogmedia.dealerfire.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/201/2019/02/2019-Volkswagen-Jetta-GLI-Deep-Black-Pearl_o.png

The car looks really sharp and truth be told I like it better in black than any of the other colors. But now comes that hard part. What to use on it? I quickly washed it and applied a coat of Sonax PNS and BSD to protect it though this spring pollen season. But long term I know I will apply a coating of some kind.

On her last car I used CQ Ti02 and CQUK at different times and got over 2 years on both and closer to 3.5-4 out of CQUK. Based on that I am considering an application of CQUK + CQ Ti02 in 2-3 layers of each. My thought is this combo would be creating the closest thing to CQ Pro that a “regular guy” could get.

On the other side I have been considering Gtechniq CSL + Exo. This seems to be a solid combo and something that many people like and are using with great results. I like that CSL is supposed to be on the “stronger” side of durability and protection and that Exo is supposed to add that slickness I like. I’m just not sure about it since I haven’t used it.

So I come to my car care family to get some opinions and perspective. What say you?

I am am open to other options but these 2 are the highest on my list. I do get frustrated that I can’t get other “pro” coatings sine I have so much experience and great results using lots of other coatings. Maybe someone could get me CQ Pro, Modesta, OC Pro, Feynlab.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ‘19 VW GLI - What to use?

Are you planning another 10 year run ? If so polish and Film the front facing panels and splat areas.

Then the coating of your choice. All are pretty good and none I’ve used were horrible. The debate can go on and on but your a seasoned veteran of this place so you know what’s up.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have you thought about CQUK and Gliss v2. Since you like slickness what was I thought when reading your thread. I have a little concern how the CQUK is when the Gliss is worn off. Don`t think it does that uniform over the car. So it would be to maintain it with a topper I think. Or if your paint is clean enough from a thorough decon wash and reapply the Gliss when needed. The CQUK/TiO2 combo is not so common on this or AGO. Here in Sweden I have seen some forum members do that combo and have been pleased with it.

Are you after the longest longevity or does the looks concern more?

I have not used it. But Tac System UHS coating is an interesting one. 3 years claim of the longevity from it and have been an authorised installer coating in the beginning and think it`s a little over a year ago they offer it to the consumer.
    If you want to go with it looks wise and a little drop in the longevity as 18-24 months. Polish Angel Invicible Primer and Cosmic v2 coating is an awesome looking coating. With a little more warmer look. The maintance with Cosmic Spritz is also great and maintain the looks and performance during the coating life. And with the Polish Angel Germany as a distributor in the US. I would test to call them or mail them and look if you can get the color matching Cosmic v2 coating. You just supply the color code your car has and they blend in a mix that enhance the looks your paint has. Useally a couple of weeks before sending it after it`s made. Don`t know the extra cost for it but don`t think it`s extreme. Don`t forget that Invicible Primer is important to get the most out the Cosmic v2 as it has some thing in that gets it harder and a bump up in the longevity from it. Also is great as a last step polishing. The Cosmic Spritz reduce the cure time from 24h to 12h and can be worth in some situations. Then it`s used as a topper as you go.

So many options out there LOL. Congrats on the new car!

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

GTechniq CSL + Exo is nice but CQUK 3.0 + Gliss V2 is a bit better from my personal experience. The new version of Gliss is much slicker than the previous version. Include Essence in with CQUK 3.0 + Gliss to take it up another notch in terms of looks. Elixir for maintenance is the icing on the cake.

I have done the CQUK + TiO2 combo myself and it looks pretty good. I have experienced a shorter lifespan with TiO2 on top of CQUK rather than a stand alone. You also have the option to add Cquartz Lite (45% SiO2/TiO2 hybrid) as a topper. Don`t worry if it says 6 months because I have heard that it lasts longer than 6 months.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM, Marine Clerk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Have you thought about CQUK and Gliss v2. Since you like slickness what was I thought when reading your thread. I have a little concern how the CQUK is when the Gliss is worn off. Don`t think it does that uniform over the car. So it would be to maintain it with a topper I think. Or if your paint is clean enough from a thorough decon wash and reapply the Gliss when needed. The CQUK/TiO2 combo is not so common on this or AGO. Here in Sweden I have seen some forum members do that combo and have been pleased with it.

Are you after the longest longevity or does the looks concern more?

I have not used it. But Tac System UHS coating is an interesting one. 3 years claim of the longevity from it and have been an authorised installer coating in the beginning and think it`s a little over a year ago they offer it to the consumer.
    If you want to go with it looks wise and a little drop in the longevity as 18-24 months. Polish Angel Invicible Primer and Cosmic v2 coating is an awesome looking coating. With a little more warmer look. The maintance with Cosmic Spritz is also great and maintain the looks and performance during the coating life. And with the Polish Angel Germany as a distributor in the US. I would test to call them or mail them and look if you can get the color matching Cosmic v2 coating. You just supply the color code your car has and they blend in a mix that enhance the looks your paint has. Useally a couple of weeks before sending it after it`s made. Don`t know the extra cost for it but don`t think it`s extreme. Don`t forget that Invicible Primer is important to get the most out the Cosmic v2 as it has some thing in that gets it harder and a bump up in the longevity from it. Also is great as a last step polishing. The Cosmic Spritz reduce the cure time from 24h to 12h and can be worth in some situations. Then it`s used as a topper as you go.

So many options out there LOL. Congrats on the new car!

/ Tony

I tried the Gliss v1 and while it was nice I personally was less than impressed. The initial slickness was there but it died off fast and it wasn’t all that great with the water beading and sheeting after awhile. I found I got better results using Reload on a more regular basis.

I have tried some PolishAngel stuff but after spending my money in it.... To me their products wile nice are just not worth the month spent. Also I don’t really think their “coatings” are true coatings in the way I think of them. To me they are more of sealants.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    GTechniq CSL + Exo is nice but CQUK 3.0 + Gliss V2 is a bit better from my personal experience. The new version of Gliss is much slicker than the previous version. Include Essence in with CQUK 3.0 + Gliss to take it up another notch in terms of looks. Elixir for maintenance is the icing on the cake.

I have done the CQUK + TiO2 combo myself and it looks pretty good. I have experienced a shorter lifespan with TiO2 on top of CQUK rather than a stand alone. You also have the option to add Cquartz Lite (45% SiO2/TiO2 hybrid) as a topper. Don`t worry if it says 6 months because I have heard that it lasts longer than 6 months.

Thats interesting. After trying Gliss v1 I wasn’t impressed enough to want to try v2.

I guess I figured that CQUK + Ti02 would be a real looker and have long term durability. I liked the darkening of CQUK but I really liked the gloss and metallic amplification of Ti02.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Thats interesting. After trying Gliss v1 I wasn’t impressed enough to want to try v2.

I guess I figured that CQUK + Ti02 would be a real looker and have long term durability. I liked the darkening of CQUK but I really liked the gloss and metallic amplification of Ti02.

I do agree that the look of CQUK and TiO2 is nice. Go with that combo. TiO2 is almost as slick as Gliss V2.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Recently did 3 coats of Cquk3 and 2 of cancoat as I heard it has a good candy gloss. Wanted a coating lite I can top off every 5-8 months. Pics don’t do justice the gloss and depth is next level. I did use essence before and believe it made a big difference.

Maybe try cquk3 with cquartz new coating light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the protection your looking for is right on Troy, now how bout the under carriage? Anything plan for it.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

make sure you get something that will protect that black trim on the front grill, and if its anywhere else. Nothing looks worse than a great cared for black paint and faded grey plastics.

Thread Information