Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Need something easy for mom

So my mom got a new car and asked me what to put on it that’s easy. I don’t use Walmart products but that’s where she would be going to buy her detailing stuff. What do u guys think is easy for her to apply as far as a good wax or sealant: she lives 2 hours away from me so I wouldn’t be able to help her but once in a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need something easy for mom

If that`s where she`s going, I recommend NuFinish. Not the best stuff, but it will last a long time.
    2021 Acura RDX, Pearl Red
    2022 Cadillac CT-4V Blackwing, Blaze Orange
    2022 Mazda MX-5, Snowflake White

Post Thanks / Like

From what`s available at Wally. I would would say turtle wax ice spray. Wipe on wipe off easy. Has good durability. Nu finish lasts, but not quick and easy to use. I used that stuff back when I was a teenager, and didn`t find it easy then even.
    Likes EXPDetailing liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve never used it but I’ve seen some tests comparing Turtle Wax Ice with other sealants and it seems to hold up very well. You can also pick up Mother’s Clay at Walmart which will help the sealant to bond.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I was thinking the Turtle Wax Ice spray as well but have never used it. I know the regular wax is durable from them.

Post Thanks / Like

You can add Duragloss Aquawax to the mix, it’s available at most of the auto part chain stores.

Post Thanks / Like

They have a chemical guys bucket for about 39 buck.It has there soap bucket, Grit guard,Micro fiber wash mitt.Some detail spray and some spray wax of some type.Gives her something to start with

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Wax seal and shine spray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stilltipping3 View Post
    Thanks guys, I was thinking the Turtle Wax Ice spray as well but have never used it. I know the regular wax is durable from them.
    Either ICE spray wax or the new ICE spray sealant are excellent choices. Either will give nearly beat almost any other boutique spray wax in durability. ICE spray wax is like a super durable detail spray, does great for removing after was water spots.

Meg’s ultimate liquid wax is a more traditional wax product that WMT sells. It’s probably ok for what it is but isn’t any more durable than ICE Spray Wax.

Post Thanks / Like

If this was my Mom..
    I`d go to the Walmart web site and pick out a few things. The web site would have a larger selection to choose from, than the store itself.
    Have everything delivered to her store. Have them text her when they arrive, and she could just go pick them up at the Site to Store desk.
    Good luck and very nice of you to do this

Post Thanks / Like

Instead of a pickup, would it just not be even easier to amazon/or geek/acc mailorder door deliver it.
    Any of the rinse/spays is better than nothing ?
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not up-to-date on OTC products, but some kind of Cleaner-Wax that doesn`t stain trim would be my choice (that`d include AIOs).

When my fave aunt`s health got too bad for the M07 + M16 regimen, she did fine with RainDance (this was the `80s) and that stuff`s a lot harder to use than most AIOs I`ve tried.

Maybe NuFinish would qualify, IIRC it has some cleaners in it.

Then just some kind of SprayWax/etc. as a Drying Aid.

My Dad never had problems using stuff like that even in his late 80s

Buy a bunch of MFs and some MF Detergent.

Post Thanks / Like

Any dry and wax spray product. They exist and if your mom is going to dry the car anyway, tell her to spray the stuff on first. Simple and better than doing nothing. That or just get her some wash and wax soap. Then when you visit do her a solid and add a layer of whatever you like.

Walmart will have wax and dry sprays, ive seen it there forget who made it, and definitely has wash and was solutions.

Unless your moms a car buff dont expect her to properly apply a sealant every 4 months, hell she will probably just rub contaminants into the paint unless shes into clay.

Keep it easy and then do it properly for her when you do visit.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, thought of something from way back...not exactly Autopian, but anyhow...

I wasn`t gonna deal with every vehicle in my family, and other family members were gonna just abuse them and run `em through a carwash anyhow. So I came up with an idea that did work fairly well:

I got a Carwash Package at the best local tunnel of death after talking with the guy who supervised the line, explaining what I had in mind, and making sure he was on-board.

I took a QD (today I`d use a RW that leaves LSP-stuff behind) and had the carwash drying crew spritz it on before they did the wipedown. With one vehicle, I had `em us my towels (this was back pre-MF). I tipped the crew, which they really appreciated, and told them that others would be bringing them through in the future, expecting the same treatment and providing the same tip. They did so, at least when they remembered, and it was better than not doing anything.

Post Thanks / Like

I say get a bottle of Ultima paint guard plus. Doesn’t get easier than that. One bottle last forever. Quick few clicks on net!
    Likes DaveT435, SWETM liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information