Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: P&S Beadmaker?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: P&S Beadmaker?

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I had hoped this point would be made. QDs should have some sort of cleaning action/properties. Beadmaker and others that are marketed as “sealants” would not make suitable QDs for removing fingerprints or light dust.
    Sure, they should but based on who’s definition? Most QDs speak of polymer technologies, water repellancy and adding additional protection whilst also cleaning dust and fingerprints.

Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer:
    "Through the use of new Hydrophobic Polymer Technology, Meguiar’s has created a spray detailer that actually repels water, withstands multiple car washes, and adds additional protection to your finish. The gentle, high lubricity formula is safe on all paint types including the latest clear coats and can be used daily to remove loose contaminants, dust and grime to keep your car looking its absolute best."

Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer:
    "Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer adds the most gloss and slickness to the paint finish. This water-based, environmentally friendly formula utilizes flouropolymers, which repel dust, dirt, and oil."

Duragloss 921:
    "Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine not only removes dust and enhances shine but also bonds to polishes and waxes increasing durability.
    This is an amazing formula that is will drastically enhance the gloss, depth and shine after polishing or waxing. It is designed to remove dust, residue and fingermarks leaving a brilliant shine. However it bonds with durable polishes and waxes increasing their durability and depth of gloss."

Beadmaker could quite easily have any of the above product descriptions.

It would be wise to personally try a product before you define it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wristymanchego View Post
    Sure, they should but based on who’s definition? Most QDs speak of polymer technologies, water repellancy and adding additional protection whilst also cleaning dust and fingerprints.
    Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer:
    "Through the use of new Hydrophobic Polymer Technology, Meguiar’s has created a spray detailer that actually repels water, withstands multiple car washes, and adds additional protection to your finish. The gentle, high lubricity formula is safe on all paint types including the latest clear coats and can be used daily to remove loose contaminants, dust and grime to keep your car looking its absolute best."

Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer:
    "Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer adds the most gloss and slickness to the paint finish. This water-based, environmentally friendly formula utilizes flouropolymers, which repel dust, dirt, and oil."

Duragloss 921:
    "Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine not only removes dust and enhances shine but also bonds to polishes and waxes increasing durability.
    This is an amazing formula that is will drastically enhance the gloss, depth and shine after polishing or waxing. It is designed to remove dust, residue and fingermarks leaving a brilliant shine. However it bonds with durable polishes and waxes increasing their durability and depth of gloss."

Beadmaker could quite easily have any of the above product descriptions.

It would be wise to personally try a product before you define it.

I have and all of the above products that you posted are quick detailers, meaning they clean light dust and dirt and leaves some protection and glossing agents, however little that might be.

Bead Maker is marketed as a spray sealant and not a qd. Sure it might clean, but if the manufacture does not say to use it on a slightly dirty car. I wouldn`t period.
    Likes rlmccarty2000, waynvision liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I have and all of the above products that you posted are quick detailers, meaning they clean light dust and dirt and leaves some protection and glossing agents, however little that might be.

Bead Maker is marketed as a spray sealant and not a qd. Sure it might clean, but if the manufacture does not say to use it on a slightly dirty car. I wouldn`t period.
    Have you used beadmaker?

It’s barely a spray sealant, regardless of marketing claims.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you used beadmaker?

I said I had, many times. Again, iyo.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you used beadmaker?

I absolutely love Bead maker, its a joy to use and the slickness and gloss are awesome. I never got that from a QD, other sealants or the watered down spray coatings. it all depends what you like. For me, I see no need to mix several products to try to duplicate the slickness and gloss of BM.
    Likes Rsurfer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Never tried it probably never will everyone finds what the like for the reasons THEY like it. When debates come up their are SO many factors we don’t take into consideration. The weather, temp ,humidity, is park outside/inside, weather of where it’s park, are quality l, types of roads driven on, contaminants in air..... so on and so on. I’m the northwest I have heard BM gone after first rain. Merlin’s elixir holds up better for ME..... here.... with my weather conditions.... but if You (other autopians) like it and works well for YOU... in your weather conditions..... awesome apply some more.

Happy detailing:
    Likes nickclark08, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If bead maker is used as a topper for say a long lasting sealant or ceramic coating. As the bead maker wears off do the original properties of the coating/sealant underneath return?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

These products *cannot* be used as Drying Aids, right? Gotta be applied on a perfectly dry vehicle? Is the general consensus to use at every wash?

All-in-all, many of the features of these sprays remind me of QD-strength IUDJ, which comes awfully close to being equivalent to UQW/etc. for me (and maybe even bested the two Spray Sealants I`ve tried, which didn`t impress me at all). I guess Spray Waxes last a little longer, but if used at every wash I don`t discern much difference on paint (some black trim is a different matter and the Spray Waxes work better for me).

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    ...[IMO using Bead Maker is]... fun and it works for me. I dont claim my methods are in any the best, but they are the best for me. I don`t really like washing cars much, it`s usually a chore..
    I appreciate your posting the above (goodness, you`re starting to sound like me!) and that if using BM makes it more fun and less of a chore then I think that`s great.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack
    If a sealant last 6 months you would leave it alone...
    Heh heh, if a sealant *didn`t* last 6 months I`d be using something else! But I still use a leaves-stuff-behind Drying Aid anyhow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker1911 View Post
    If bead maker is used as a topper for say a long lasting sealant or ceramic coating. As the bead maker wears off do the original properties of the coating/sealant underneath return?
    They should. Some may argue that the underlying sealant properties may not be the EXACT same since the topper likely merged into the LSP in some way... but in my experience, unless you topped over and over for weeks/months, the properties (or very close to) of the LSP do come back once the topper has warm off.

Disclaimer: opinion based on strong LSP used and the toppers that don’t appear to have tons of solvents in them. I can’t speak for coatings.

Post Thanks / Like

I`d expect different toppers to "die off" differently same as with LSPs; some just "go away cleanly" while others need some kind of prep before reapplying. Could well be one of those !YMMV! things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`d expect different toppers to "die off" differently same as with LSPs; some just "go away cleanly" while others need some kind of prep before reapplying. Could well be one of those !YMMV! things.
    I see what you’re getting at, and I would agree that after certain types of toppers (ones that aren’t chemically similar to your LSP), it’s always best to re-prep before apply the LSP again, as there could still be traces of the topper in the pits and valleys, or has altered the LSP in some way, unseen to the naked eye.

My observation above was more of see-able with the human eye thing. If I top an LSP only once or twice, then let weeks or a month pass, I tend to see the LSP behavior return. There’s no question that there still may be the small traces/LSP alterations remaining which should be dealt with before starting over.

Post Thanks / Like

acuRAS82- In my case, I`d tried topping with Souveran and a few others back in the day, only to find that they didn`t do the "die cleanly" thing the way I`d hoped. Having to reprep was so off-putting that I`ve been leery of topping stuff ever since.

Fortunately, my current approach ("just use IUDJ as a Drying Aid and consider it a kind of topper") seems perfectly compatible with the LSPs I use on paint.
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1
    ..[IMO using Bead Maker is]... fun and it works for me. I dont claim my methods are in any the best, but they are the best for me. I don`t really like washing cars much, it`s usually a chore..
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I appreciate your posting the above (goodness, you`re starting to sound like me!) and that if using BM makes it more fun and less of a chore then I think that`s great..
    I think I was referring to topping my coated cars with SiO2 toppers. While Beadmaker was fun, it`s kinda a `one and done` situation for me....easy to use, cheap, slick as snot but longevity and self cleaning (lack thereof) put it outside of my focus.

Stuff is fun though...instant gratification for pennies.
    Likes wristymanchego liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I think I was referring to topping my coated cars with SiO2 toppers. While Beadmaker was fun, it`s kinda a `one and done` situation for me....easy to use, cheap, slick as snot but longevity and self cleaning (lack thereof) put it outside of my focus.

Stuff is fun though...instant gratification for pennies.
    The problem is you don’t mind spending the money on overcoat and it is an amazing topper. Excited to here your thoughts on miyabi/zipang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone who has Bead Maker and Nu Finish Rapid Shine detailer and would want to make a side by side testing?

Would be intresting to see if you would experience that those 2 products is simualar to each other.

/ Tony

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information