Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: P&S Beadmaker?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: P&S Beadmaker?

Well it is certainly glossy! I may have to add a bottle to my next order. Too many good reviews not to try it. Just what I need, more products.
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Well it is certainly glossy! I may have to add a bottle to my next order. Too many good reviews not to try it. Just what I need, more products.
    Not life altering but fun and for some, will fit right in to what they want. Visually, kinda like CanCoat without the longer term commitment...but we`ll see how it does when it goes outside or gets hit with water.

Post Thanks / Like

Whole hood looks glossy! After polishing did the bead maker side look that much glossier to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Whole hood looks glossy! After polishing did the bead maker side look that much glossier to you?

I ran outta there pretty quick after applying, didn`t bother looking closely with a decent light but at a glance, not a tremendous difference in outright gloss but Beadmaker side looks more refined...many say gets better as it cures.

To be honest, looks much better in pictures than it does in person...looks good and all but everything usually looks a bit better in pictures than it does in person.

After compounding best I could with what I had on hand, used Hyper Polish for the first time...its nice.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Does not look any different to me on a phone screen, looks the same. Like Kurt said the main draw is the price. You get a good beading product with alledged protection for a decently low price point. I could see it is a topper or a weekly after wash treatment

Now it probably realistically doesn’t last long compared to other products at the 10.99 mark but still it’s a different animal since there are not a ton of boutique products at the price point. You could get a couple sealants right at that price point that I would imagine last longer without a real test we won’t know but for example you can get Duragloss 111 for essentially the same price

Likes BudgetPlan1, Vegas1, Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Does not look any different to me on a phone screen, looks the same. Like Kurt said the main draw is the price. You get a good beading product with alledged protection for a decently low price point. I could see it is a topper or a weekly after wash treatment

Now it probably realistically doesn’t last long compared to other products at the 10.99 mark but still it’s a different animal since there are not a ton of boutique products at the price point. You could get a couple sealants right at that price point that I would imagine last longer without a real test we won’t know but for example you can get Duragloss 111 for essentially the same price

Ima buy some sio2 powder off the big A, mix them up, and make a super sealant!

BEADMAKER...... the Chuck Norris of sealants.

Post Thanks / Like

Beadmaker is so glossy..... PA high gloss polished its bottle with it.....

Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t drop your PA HG, remember Beadmaker gets pretty slick, especially the next day. PA is a pretty expensive bottle to drop.

Beadmaker is so glossy..... PA high gloss polished its bottle with it.....

Post Thanks / Like

After letting it sit over the weekend, there *may* be some extra gloss but to your average person (of which I corralled a few) the difference between the bare, polished side and the Beadmaker side was pretty much indistinguishable at first glance. Once prompted by "Are you sure the passenger side side doesn`t look better?" 2 out of 3 recanted and indicated that perhaps the passenger/Beadmaker side was a bit more `glassy` (not glossy) than the bare side. The Beadmaker side had a touch more richness to it to me although ya know how that goes.

As for slickness, Beadmaker certainly provides that and it seems to have increased a bit since application time. For lack of anything better to do, I put some Polish Angel Rapidwaxx on the bare side of the hood and I`m gonna put the vehicle back into circulation tomorrow and we`ll see how things hold up in the NE Ohio weather. Maybe I`ll get lucky and a bird will target it so I can see if it eats right through the Beadmaker.

Regardless of longevity, protection and water behavior, Beadmaker is a fun and inexpensive thing; if you`re washing your car every week, it likely fits in well to that routine. Is a lot of it hype? Methinks to some degree but anymore, what isn`t?

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post

Likes Oneheadlite, Coatings=crack, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I get it cheap and shiny. For me just so impressed with ech20. Mixing it for elixir with sio2 (I use Clutch) and I just find it hard to beat gloss in short term (helps my sio2 addiction). Looks to be most comparable based on BM durability and mention of gloss on both. Plus a gallon of Clutch at $190, 4 liters of ech20 $70, mixed 2oz/2oz to a 17oz bottle comes to about 4$ a bottle. Anyone use elixir/merlins and bead maker?.... comparison?

Post Thanks / Like

From what I can see, more like `Cheap and slick`...shiny is just too subjective to determine if it`s a standout item. Stuff is crazy slick, though although not sure how that translates into anything more than touching the surface.

Perhaps Rapidwaxx v Beadmaker is not a valid comparison but it`s (Rapidwaxx) is the only non-coating/SiO2 item I had available to me so...

Started throwing some water at it to see what would happen:

Sheeting: Kinda average, actually. It does sheet cleanly for the most part, albeit somewhat slowly. Rapidwaxx side sheeted relatively clean in half the time of Beadmaker.

Beading: Beadmaker has somewhat flatter beads compared to RapidWaxx. The beads also don`t move astoundingly well under the influence of air blowing on them; Rapidwaxx beads moved with about half the effort w/ respect to air blowing on them.

Judging from the above, I`d guess self cleaning with Beadmaker is not gonna be a standout item, kinda OK but nothing notable.

Still fun stuff to use, the slickness is pretty impressive to the touch and many feel the gloss is notable as well...maybe my eyes are just too old to notice the difference. Tough to beat the price/fun factor quotient though.

Beadmaker Bead:
    P&S Beadmaker?-beadmaker_bead.jpg

Polish Angel Rapidwaxx Bead:
    P&S Beadmaker?-rapidwaxx_bead.jpg

I get it cheap and shiny. For me just so impressed with ech20. Mixing it for elixir with sio2 (I use Clutch) and I just find it hard to beat gloss in short term (helps my sio2 addiction). Looks to be most comparable based on BM durability and mention of gloss on both. Plus a gallon of Clutch at $190, 4 liters of ech20 $70, mixed 2oz/2oz to a 17oz bottle comes to about 4$ a bottle. Anyone use elixir/merlins and bead maker?.... comparison?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes SWETM, acuRAS82, Oneheadlite liked this post
    Thanks Oneheadlite, Diner thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Forensic Detailing has a new video up with Beadmaker as one of the test subjects. From Jon’s test it should be renamed Shinemaker since it does not bead as well as others in his test. But it wins the gloss test. I’m back to undecided on whether to purchase or not.
    Likes SWETM, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

They should call it S&S—-Slick and Shiny
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

P&S Beadmaker?

Forensic Detailing has a new video up with Beadmaker as one of the test subjects. From Jon’s test it should be renamed Shinemaker since it does not bead as well as others in his test. But it wins the gloss test. I’m back to undecided on whether to purchase or not.
    Mate, just pull the pin and try a bottle. It’s cheap as chips to see if you like it.

Just don’t use it as a sealant. Use it as a quick detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

I just typed out a long review of it after washing my car last night (2 weeks after initial application) then my computer had some issues and I lost it all

Long story short, I was not impressed with its durability. Dispite the last 2 week there has been snow storms and road salt, I did expect it to hold up a little better. I put a 2nd coat on last night as a drying aide. If the 2nd coat doesn`t improve things, I am going to try and unload the gallon I still have and try something else.

With that being said, I think this product would shine (pun intended) for a summer car/fun car/weekend car. As it looks great after initial application as far as gloss and the slickness is pretty damn good.

I don`t see myself using this as a top coat for anything, nor would I recommend this for a daily driver in the winter time.
    Likes acuRAS82, rlmccarty2000, Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1, Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information