Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: P&S Beadmaker?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: P&S Beadmaker?

Angelwax QED and Angelwax Enigma QED I like a lot still. A little to a wax look which I like. And durable for being such products. Think that Angelwax Enigma AIO can be popular if it`s longevity you look from a AIO. And just what I have heard from others it seems to be have a great cut too. The downside would be to dial it in so you have an easy wipe off. Cause the heat and Sio2 can be tricky to work with. 2 hidden gems from AW is ti-22 sealant based on titanium and Corona that do magic on plastic trim parts. Corona is also a sealant so you get a versitale product with it. Then it`s all about what you are into and looking for.

Even if the Bead Maker works on top of any LSP. There is not so much of talk about if it change the base protection caractics. Have read about some testing with BM where it changes the water behavior and self cleaning ability from PNS and coatings. And for many that is important. While it excells on slickness feeling and gloss. And many likes those caractics as well. So it`s comes down to what you like. And what kind of base protection you use.

What I wonder about BM is if you need to apply it heavy on a LSP to get the most out of it. Or if the heavy application is only needed on bare paint. And how it works when you like to use different toppers and drying aid. If you need to start over with the BM heavy application when change it as a topper or drying aid. Maybe not a deal breaker since it`s low price. And many talks about how long it will last. But as I understand it it`s not made with durability in mind. The longevity is claimed up to 1-2 months. So if used on it`s own and after the first heavy application. It`s needed to be topped up with 1-2 sprays per panel regualary after that.
    Likes rlmccarty2000, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am planning on using it on bare paint and as a drying aide for a few more months.

Then come spring/summer I want to do a paint correction and ceramic coating. I don`t plan on using bead maker with the ceramic coating.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker1911 View Post
    I am planning on using it on bare paint and as a drying aide for a few more months.

Then come spring/summer I want to do a paint correction and ceramic coating. I don`t plan on using bead maker with the ceramic coating.

Your choice!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah for less than $9 for a 16oz bottle, it`s hard not to want to try it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Even if the Bead Maker works on top of any LSP. There is not so much of talk about if it change the base protection caractics. Have read about some testing with BM where it changes the water behavior and self cleaning ability from PNS and coatings. And for many that is important. While it excells on slickness feeling and gloss. And many likes those caractics as well. So it`s comes down to what you like. And what kind of base protection you use.

What I wonder about BM is if you need to apply it heavy on a LSP to get the most out of it. Or if the heavy application is only needed on bare paint. And how it works when you like to use different toppers and drying aid. If you need to start over with the BM heavy application when change it as a topper or drying aid. Maybe not a deal breaker since it`s low price. And many talks about how long it will last. But as I understand it it`s not made with durability in mind. The longevity is claimed up to 1-2 months. So if used on it`s own and after the first heavy application. It`s needed to be topped up with 1-2 sprays per panel regualary after that.

I tried a multi quote reply earlier but my iPad is not cooperating. So I will just try it this way.

Paragraph 1:
    If we look at any topper out there they all change the behavior of the product they are covering because they are covering a base layer and they are now in effect. If you top a sealant with a wax your u don’t keep the sealant beading. You get the wax characteristics until it wears away. The same applies to BeadMaker and all these other toppers. The difference is most of the Si02toppers are similar and in a way compliment a coating. If you want to keep the characteristics of the base protection you really need to stay in the same family and not be using multiple products all the time.

Paragraph 2:
    You don’t really need the heavy application but it does ensure proper and complete coverage. Same applies when you do a full or multiple applications of a sealant or wax to make sure you get proper coverage.

If you just use BeadMaker then after 2 or 3 light applications you should end up with a similar full coverage effect.

If if you are using multiple products toppers on a regular basis you are always battling the same thing you are asking about BeadMaker. You are continually mixing and matching products and never possibly getting the most out of any one of them. If you do the first application and then continue to use just BeadMaker or any other product in the same way you should be getting most out of them.

I did a semi-heavy application and it works well and the gloss and slickness is there. After washing it a few times it really is now like using a QD. It is just glossing a slick.

BeadMaker may be the product of the monthly or it could be a long term mainstay. Only time will tell. I decided to try it early on before the hype train had taken effect. I find it easy to use and it does what it claims. It is glossy and slick. The water reaction is not as good as Sonax BSD but BSD is not slick in application or to the touch afterwards.

Since i have used mostly CarPro coatings I have been a long term user and fan of Reload. And since it works with the coatings for me it makes sense.

Personally I think we as users are always looking for the latest and greatest but we forget about brand and product synergy. Quite awhile ago I came the realization that minimizing my list of products and maintaining synergy would help me get more and better results.
    Likes SWETM, BudgetPlan1, waynvision liked this post
    Thanks Rocker1911, SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Troy!

Yeah I`m with you on your explaination. What I left out is it seems to BM is not as hydrophobic or self cleaning. And that gets a more noticeble effect on the base protection and toppers that are really great at it. So if those caractics is important for the user it would be working backwards. And if you are after gloss and the slickness feel of a product last applyied. BM seems to be in the top tier of those products.

If you have a coating on and use Reload as a maintance topper. It will not degrade the water behavior and self cleaning ability when applyied over a coating. As I understand it not a much noticeble effect. But use Reload as a stand alone LSP. It will not be as effective as a coating in those parts. And it`s just as I have picked up. Maybe what I try to explain is that some toppers don`t completly cover the base protection caractics but maintain it instead with just the slightest degrading from it. While some take over their own caractics completly. And some excells those caractics. So depending on what kind of base protection you have it might not be worth to apply some toppers as they degrade the water behavior and self cleaning ability too much for you likeing if that`s important to you. And this is not only Bead Maker I refer to but all kind of toppers. Or maybe an easier explaination would be that BM don`t work in synergy if you have a highly hydrophobic and self cleaning ability from your LSP. Crap it`s hard to explain what I meen LOL. And I totaly understand the high benefit with the slickness feeling and gloss from BM. So not trying to rant on it. It could be any other topping we talk about. Just want to have the discussion open about what it`s good and not so good about it. Cause it seemed to be advertised to work on all LSP. But their is a cost to it in some situations. Like any other product.
    Likes TroyScherer liked this post
    Thanks Rocker1911, TroyScherer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

^ I think I follow what you are saying and we are on the same page.

I agree with you that BeadMaker isn’t as hydrophobic and self cleaning as coatings and other topper products. Sonax BSD is one that comes to mind. So far though I have found that BM makes the wash process easier as the protection is enough to aid in washing with less physical pressure and rinses clean once washed.

I have used Reload over CQ, CQUK, Gliss. From my observations since Reload is supposedly the same base chemistry it reacts similar as far as water behavior and self cleaning. But in person I have been able to see a difference. I agree that Reload seems to help and last longer on a CQ coating vs as a stand-alone product. I assume it is due to that product synergy we referenced.

I could be wrong but I think this is one of the first times the actual chemist has been out explaining what it is and how it works. I think that might be some of the difference. He expressed that to get that good overall coverage you need a full application. To me this really makes sense and has me wondering about other products as it should stand true for those as well. Even after I came to my product synergy theory this has me digging deeper as something so simple now has me wondering if I ever got the best out of some of my QD, toppers in the past. I guess for me sometimes the simple logic seems hit me the hardest.
    Likes VitreousHumor, SWETM, waynvision liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah take reload as an example. They did starting to recommend a more heavy application or we may say even coverage instead. Think it was in a Carpro Youtube video I saw this. And it`s for when useing Reload as a stand alone LSP that this is important. To let more product to bond properly vs the thin 1-2 sprays per panel. Mike Phillips has a great method to apply those Sio2 and other toppers. He primes the application mf towel with product before so when wiping it in the mf towel don`t soak up the product. Then come after with the buffing towel to wipe the residue off. So I too will test to apply a more heavy application when the product lets me and don`t get a PITA to remove LOL. One tips I can share that I use with BSD and then Herrenfarth Sprühglanz that comes in such of a bottle. Is the Flairosol spray bottle that spread it out of the nozzle in a very fine mist and also gets a build up pressure in it. The BSD was as a new product for me to use when applyied with a Flairosol spray bottle. Not so sticky feeling when removed and feels that I get a longer longevity from it too. The Herrenfarth Sprühglanz I have in 2 different special editions for the Scandinavian market. It`s based on a mono Si(Silicon) that is a breeze to apply and 4-6 months of non degraded hydrophobic surface. And was not from the version with even more Si+ in it. Very intresting product for sure. Would think that something like Bead Maker would work great in a flairosol bottle too.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok did my BSD application on wife`s DD. Kind of sticky application and removal, did a light spray and MF application and removal. Nice gloss but no slickness.
    Main reason is the cleaning abilities I have read about.
    There’s a place in the brain for knowing what cannot be remembered.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Ok did my BSD application on wife`s DD. Kind of sticky application and removal, did a light spray and MF application and removal. Nice gloss but no slickness.
    Main reason is the cleaning abilities I have read about.
    Test to put some BSD in a spray bottle that you can adjust the sprayer head with. As a generic Meguiars spray bottle for an example. Set it to fine mist it out and move the bottle while spraying it on to the paint. Have a mf towel that you prime with a couple of sprays to work in the BSD with. Then a plush mf towel to wipe it off with. The slickness is not so good from BSD but there are a reason to that. And it`s the awesome water behavior and self cleaning ability from it. With this application I have noticed the less sticky application from it. Some like to do a 50/50 blend with another water based QD or topper. Chemical Guys V07 sealant is one of the popular to mix this way. Getting a little slicker surface and another kind of gloss. I have not tried this my self with mixing BSD. For me I want the caractics of BSD even if it`s a more work with it. But tuning in the application of it makes it easier to work with IME. Wait until you see the water behavior it has if you don`t have used it before. It`s as good as some coatings and even better than some of them too. Both PNS and BSD uses the same chemical that protects and is recommended to use on Sonax cc36 coating. To extend the longevity of it even. Will be intresting to see how like it. On white paints I think it`s one of the best looking LSP you can have. Then for BSD being a QD product the longevity of it is extreme.
    Likes KBsToy, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

This almost reminds me of Bead-x. Remember years ago formula 113 wax? It had quite the following. It`s companion was Bead-x. I remember using it and it was good. Maybe the first product of it`s kind?

beadx32_1024x1024_2x_86c67908-7579-4dfd-8872-d33dd8fcbd21_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Bead X is in a class by itself. Unlike other detail sprays on the market, BeadX will not streak! EVEN IN THE SUN and on glass! Wax Daddy’s quick detail spray can be sprayed on a dry car with surface dust or to a wet car after it has been washed.
    There is no wax in BEADX.
    A quick application of BeadX will make your car repel water, dust, and road grime.
    Bead X is best used for between waxing to maintain that just waxed look. Cleans and protects all finishes between waxing and CONTAINS NO ALCOHOL BeadX Will leave your glass windows streak-free and shining. Other uses: chrome, rims, windows, finished furniture, mirrors, lubricant for the clay bar and Much More!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Test to put some BSD in a spray bottle that you can adjust the sprayer head with. As a generic Meguiars spray bottle for an example. Set it to fine mist it out and move the bottle while spraying it on to the paint. Have a mf towel that you prime with a couple of sprays to work in the BSD with. Then a plush mf towel to wipe it off with. The slickness is not so good from BSD but there are a reason to that. And it`s the awesome water behavior and self cleaning ability from it. With this application I have noticed the less sticky application from it. Some like to do a 50/50 blend with another water based QD or topper. Chemical Guys V07 sealant is one of the popular to mix this way. Getting a little slicker surface and another kind of gloss. I have not tried this my self with mixing BSD. For me I want the caractics of BSD even if it`s a more work with it. But tuning in the application of it makes it easier to work with IME. Wait until you see the water behavior it has if you don`t have used it before. It`s as good as some coatings and even better than some of them too. Both PNS and BSD uses the same chemical that protects and is recommended to use on Sonax cc36 coating. To extend the longevity of it even. Will be intresting to see how like it. On white paints I think it`s one of the best looking LSP you can have. Then for BSD being a QD product the longevity of it is extreme.
    The folks over on Detailing World have been mixing BSD with V07 (and others) for years. Their love of BSD is unmatched by any other product. I think mixing BSD with BM would be a very nice combo. Although I’m still waiting to see a side by side comparison of BM and V07. I always liked the look of V07 but the longetivity left me looking for something better. I’ve been mixing BSD and V07 just to use up the V07. I even tried a 40-40-20 mix with an SiO2 spray being the 20 but I could see no real difference. I may add 10% Hydro2 for longetivity. Just spitballing, it’s winter, even though the weather here is almost 70 with 90% humidity. I ran the A/C last night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    The folks over on Detailing World have been mixing BSD with V07 (and others) for years. Their love of BSD is unmatched by any other product. I think mixing BSD with BM would be a very nice combo. Although I’m still waiting to see a side by side comparison of BM and V07. I always liked the look of V07 but the longetivity left me looking for something better. I’ve been mixing BSD and V07 just to use up the V07. I even tried a 40-40-20 mix with an SiO2 spray being the 20 but I could see no real difference. I may add 10% Hydro2 for longetivity. Just spitballing, it’s winter, even though the weather here is almost 70 with 90% humidity. I ran the A/C last night.

I tried mixing BSD with FK425 at 50/50. But what I got was a slimy mess. It didn’t give me any of the slickness or ease of use of FK425 and just made BSD harder to wipe in and away.

I have considered trying a mix of BSD and BeadMaker. But after my last try I am not sure. Maybe if I did more of a 75/25 with BeadMaker being the major part.

Post Thanks / Like

I need feedback from coating users. Suggest to me a better topper than Bead Maker as a coating maintenance product for me to test out head to head. Factor in price, slickness, hydrophobic maintenance, wipeability, gloss, and let’s throw smell in for giggles.

Bead Maker has been phenomenal on my coatings.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes VitreousHumor, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    I need feedback from coating users. Suggest to me a better topper than Bead Maker as a coating maintenance product for me to test out head to head. Factor in price, slickness, hydrophobic maintenance, wipeability, gloss, and let’s throw smell in for giggles.

Bead Maker has been phenomenal on my coatings.
    I have never used bead maker. I order is on its way.

But I can say that back when I had a coated car, I used car pro reload over car pro CQuartz UK 3.0, that worked well.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information