Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: P&S Beadmaker?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: P&S Beadmaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I gotta admit I`m hard-pressed to say just why I like it *better*! Well, other than the lower cost. I always found the FK425 perfectly OK, *except* for the time I applied it over some sorta-fresh 476S and had it do a *HORRIBLE* solvent-action number on it, requiring me to strip the wax off and redo the car. Maybe that just left a bad taste...or maybe I like that (IMO) the IUDJ does a bit better at cleaning if/when there`s something still on there.

Eh, as I said, it`s hard for me to specify/verbalize. But I will say that my preference took me completely by surprise since I simply loved the FK425 (especially its scent) and I interpreted that as evidence that I wasn`t just seeing what I wanted to see since, if anything, I`d expected the exact opposite.

If you ever try comparing them, I`d love to hear *your* take. Heh heh, ya know..I`d almost prefer for you to say you like the FK better and to explain why! Then we could just write it off as one of those personal preference things.

Every time I rave about how swell the IUDJ is, I just gotta shake my head, never woulda thunk it.
    Good info, to me the cleaning ability of a QD doesn`t matter at all. I`m using it after a wash, I want slick and glossy. Easy release is a bonus. If I need to clean, I`ll use a waterless wash at QD strength. It doesn`t sound like IUDJ is anymore slick than 425, so at that point, I probably won`t try it.

Post Thanks / Like

Just FWIW...FK425 has come up...I used/loved that stuff for ages, but ever since I tried QD-strength IUDJ I`ve been wondering whether I`ll ever use up my gallons of the FK425. I honestly think the IUDJ is at least as good and maybe better. Hoping somebody familiar with both products will chime in some day, maybe it`s just me..
    I gotta admit I`m hard-pressed to say just why I like it *better*! Well, other than the lower cost. I always found the FK425 perfectly OK, *except* for the time I applied it over some sorta-fresh 476S and had it do a *HORRIBLE* solvent-action number on it, requiring me to strip the wax off and redo the car. Maybe that just left a bad taste...or maybe I like that (IMO) the IUDJ does a bit better at cleaning if/when there`s something still on there.

Eh, as I said, it`s hard for me to specify/verbalize. But I will say that my preference took me completely by surprise since I simply loved the FK425 (especially its scent) and I interpreted that as evidence that I wasn`t just seeing what I wanted to see since, if anything, I`d expected the exact opposite.

If you ever try comparing them, I`d love to hear *your* take. Heh heh, ya know..I`d almost prefer for you to say you like the FK better and to explain why! Then we could just write it off as one of those personal preference things.

Every time I rave about how swell the IUDJ is, I just gotta shake my head, never woulda thunk it.

I happen to have both. I will gladly do a side by side on them.

I like IUDJ as a rinse-less product more than a water-less or QD. But what I do is put some of my rinse-less in a spray bottle and use it as a drying aid as well.

Just picking up and using FK425 again I remember how good it smells, how easy it is to use, and the slick finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan- That all makes perfect sense to me, sure not point in trying to fix what isn`t broken!

I hardly ever need the added cleaning when using it as a Drying Aid, but well...I`m just so paranoid about marring and even with my washes I sometimes have a little residual dirt (I figure it`s just my vehicles, *lots* of places where stuff gets trapped in inaccessible areas only to seep out later). Eh, guess I do need it for a quickie redo of the wheels after I knock the surface rust off the rotors, but again that`s probably just me (previously used FK146 for that, gee I oughta use that stuff up).

TroyScherer- Hey, that`s great! I`m genuinely curious whether the whole FK425/IUDJ *thing* is just me Come to think of it, I`ve never done a side-by-side (and won`t be washing cars for a while due to yesterday`s eye surgery).

FWIW, I`m using ~2oz. (probably a little more) IUDJ + 1 gal. Distilled Water, I just use that dilution for everything same as you`re apparently using the RW dilution.
    Likes Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The other thing for me, the wifey likes how it smells and her car feels "soft". Can`t argue with a true critic sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

Used Beadmaker for the first time last night. It`s being used as a topper on 4 month old Collinite 915 + recent PA Black Wulfenite spray, so the car was already glossy.

I did the soak/work-in/let sit for a bit method. Extremely easy to use. Mo problem wiping off after letting a lot of dry after sitting. Super slick as others have mentioned. Great gloss, probably not greater than PA BW, but a different look. Nice in a different way. For ease of use (easier than the majority of SiO2 sprays which are pretty easy), slickness, gloss and price its definitely a winner. I`m only using it for what I see it being good for based on all of your accounts: a nice refresh as a topper that I will probably use after every wash for the next month or two. For this it seems like it will be a great product.

The wife noticed the difference just seeing the car in the garage today, said "It looks different! Not saying it`s better, but it looks really nice and different." I`ll take it.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

I like IUDJ as a rinse-less product more than a water-less or QD. But what I do is put some of my rinse-less in a spray bottle and use it as a drying aid as well.

Just picking up and using FK425 again I remember how good it smells, how easy it is to use, and the slick finish.
    what dilution do you use iudj in for rinseless?
    2021 VW GLI Autobahn

Pure Gray/Black

Protected by 303 Graphene

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Quote Originally Posted by imported_OneQuickGT1 View Post
    what dilution do you use iudj in for rinseless?

For Rinse-less I use it at .25oz per gallon.

If doing the multi-towel method I can use 1 gallon of water. So a $40, 16oz bottle gets me 64 uses making it $.63 per use.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone picked up a fresh Chemical Guys V7 recently? I can`t remember if I already posted results or not, but I picked up a fresh bottle at Autozone for fun, ran some topping tests against Bead Maker on top of Polymer Net Shield and Fusso Coat and noticed much slicker results on the V7 topped side compared to the Bead Maker topped side. Just tested side by side solo against each other and V7 is equal in post application gloss measurements and slickness. I`m going to pull out my older gallon of V7 to compare tomorrow, I remember testing V7 early on against Bead Maker and Bead Maker was noticeably slicker in the first solo head to head, but my gallon of V7 was already years old on my shelf and who knows how long it was sitting in the warehouse before it shipped to me. Just curious, would love some additional feedback.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m not sure slickness is the end all, be all factor. Slickness can be the result of a silicone loaded product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    Has anyone picked up a fresh Chemical Guys V7 recently? I can`t remember if I already posted results or not, but I picked up a fresh bottle at Autozone for fun, ran some topping tests against Bead Maker on top of Polymer Net Shield and Fusso Coat and noticed much slicker results on the V7 topped side compared to the Bead Maker topped side. Just tested side by side solo against each other and V7 is equal in post application gloss measurements and slickness. I`m going to pull out my older gallon of V7 to compare tomorrow, I remember testing V7 early on against Bead Maker and Bead Maker was noticeably slicker in the first solo head to head, but my gallon of V7 was already years old on my shelf and who knows how long it was sitting in the warehouse before it shipped to me. Just curious, would love some additional feedback.
    I think maybe rlmccarty has been using V07 mixed with something within the last 6 months or so, so he may have some newer V07. Disclaimer: I apologize if this ends up being inaccurate, I`m just going off memory and trying to be helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Used Beadmaker for the first time last night. It`s being used as a topper on 4 month old Collinite 915 + recent PA Black Wulfenite spray, so the car was already glossy.

I did the soak/work-in/let sit for a bit method. Extremely easy to use. Mo problem wiping off after letting a lot of dry after sitting. Super slick as others have mentioned. Great gloss, probably not greater than PA BW, but a different look. Nice in a different way. For ease of use (easier than the majority of SiO2 sprays which are pretty easy), slickness, gloss and price its definitely a winner. I`m only using it for what I see it being good for based on all of your accounts: a nice refresh as a topper that I will probably use after every wash for the next month or two. For this it seems like it will be a great product.

The wife noticed the difference just seeing the car in the garage today, said "It looks different! Not saying it`s better, but it looks really nice and different." I`ll take it.
    Some pics today of BeadMaker, 3rd Coat since 3/30, most recent applied last night.
    P&S Beadmaker?-beb2dd2e-e2ac-42e1-ab29-9dae13f18a4f.jpegP&S Beadmaker?-03dcb63f-43ae-462e-888f-525ef91359f2.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

This is an update for Accumulator, but this does apply to Breadmaker as well.

Products:
    - P&S Beadmaker
    - FK #425
    - Gloss Shop Trifecta @ spray wax (1 oz. to 15 oz. of water)
    - IUDJ @ QD (I mixed it up @ 3oz per gallon which is a little heavy. I also added his Juice Boost in at the same ratio for the added protection. This makes it more durable and more like a spray sealant but its how I use it most of the time as a QD)

Application and results in no particular order:
    - Over the weekend I washed my truck using CarPro Reset to make sure everything was cleansed then I used a few different products as QD wipe down to test slickness and gloss in my eyes and opinion. All slickness was done my running the back of my hand over the panel.
    - On application FK #425 & P&S Beadmaker were the slickest feeling with the towel.
    - IUDJ & Trifecta felt slick but I could feel a slight difference with the towel application. I like these two though since they are more of a cleaning product then a protecting.
    - After buffing them off and letting them sit for a few minutes FK #425, P&S Beadmaker and Gloss Shop Trifecta all felt the same and were extremely slick and silky feeling.
    - IUDJ on its own is slick and without the direct side-by-side I wouldn’t think anything of using it. I obviously have it and use it as rinse-less and QD for the cleaning and protection.
    - IUDJ is one of the slickest feeling rinse-less products I have used.
    - Gloss Shop Trifecta is great for cleaning and protection. Just like IUDJ I like that is can do multiple stuff in one concentrate.

- I think that a dedicated product will always have the edge as far as focusing on one thing. Thus, a dedicated QD product should be slicker than a multi-use Rinse-less wash product.

Post Thanks / Like

TroyScherer- Ah, thanks for posting that (and for bringing it to my attention, it had somehow slipped under my radar).

Now you have me thinking I might oughta do a little comparing of my own between the FK425 and the IUDJ, see if I notice anything significant on *my* vehicles/LSPs. OR...I might take my own usual advice and not look for problems I don`t know I have, but anyhow I do appreciate your comparison test. And I really like hearing that the IUDJ is slick as RW go since I`m pretty much sold on that stuff.

Next time I`m ordering from Garry I plan to get some of that Juice Boost for when I use IUDJ as a Drying Aid (but not when using it as a RW).

Post Thanks / Like

Now you have me thinking I might oughta do a little comparing of my own between the FK425 and the IUDJ, see if I notice anything significant on *my* vehicles/LSPs. OR...I might take my own usual advice and not look for problems I don`t know I have, but anyhow I do appreciate your comparison test. And I really like hearing that the IUDJ is slick as RW go since I`m pretty much sold on that stuff.

Next time I`m ordering from Garry I plan to get some of that Juice Boost for when I use IUDJ as a Drying Aid (but not when using it as a RW).

This actually has me reconsidering FK425 since it is so slick and easy to use for me. I am down to my last 16oz. But really Beadmaer has kind of replaced it for me since I don`t use FK425 as a cleaning QD and really just a post wash water spot remover and wipe down. And really IUDJ would do all of that for me as well and I wouldn`t have any issues since it is slick as well as cleans and protects.

I really like IUDJ+JB when I use it as a "protection QD" or for cleaning stuff like door jambs. Then I don`t have to do a lot of extra work or sealing.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder why the FK425 trashed 476S for me so terribly...I gather that "LSP trashing" isn`t something that many encounter with the products under discussion...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information