Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: P&S Beadmaker?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: P&S Beadmaker?

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Anyone who has Bead Maker and Nu Finish Rapid Shine detailer and would want to make a side by side testing?

Would be intresting to see if you would experience that those 2 products is simualar to each other.

/ Tony
    Rapid shine actually has sio2 in it. Bead maker is just another polyethylene glycol product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Rapid shine actually has sio2 in it. Bead maker is just another polyethylene glycol product

Is it so? And where have you gotten that from?

Post Thanks / Like

Got what ?

Post Thanks / Like

My mistake was looking at a different rapid shine sds product same name different product that had sio2

Nu finish looks to be kaolin
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My mistake was looking at a different rapid shine sds product same name different product that had sio2

No problemo

I was curious since I saw somewhere that nu finish rapid shine and the polish had monomer based protection in it. And when looking at the rapid shine it`s not hazardious. Then I thought it was very a like BM in that way. So would be interesting to hear if someone has tested both those and if they are a like. The Kaolin I think is the product that cleans the paint in the polish and maybe is abrasive too. The protection part seems to be non hazard warnings from. Just a thought I got if it could have the same protection as BM. It is a very big longshot though LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, "everything old is new again" once more...including Kaolin.

That`s the "clay" that is (or at least was) in numerous Meguiar`s products like M07 and other stuff that I`m not recalling. While it might be "abrasive" in the strictly literal technical sense, it`s generally not *functionally* abrasive on autopaint, and won`t even mess with other stuff that`s on the paint. Sometimes provides a little filling (in some products) and generally makes for an easier buff-off. Well...at least that`s the way it was used back then in those products, but I`d be surprised if it were, uhm...worse...in that regard in this application.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    While Beadmaker was fun, it`s kinda a `one and done` situation for me....easy to use, cheap, slick as snot but longevity and self cleaning (lack thereof) put it outside of my focus.

Stuff is fun though...instant gratification for pennies.
    That`s kind of what I thought when I tried it last week. Looked great to start out, but after a week of rain and snow and salt and whatever other crap come up here in Buffalo this time of year, I was skeptical of the durability. That changed today when I did another wash. Even though beading had stopped, it cleaned up really well with a pre soap of ONR and a rinseless of the same thing. My truck has a year and half old coating of Gloss Coat, and the car got clayed protected with Optimum car wax a month ago. Both seemed to have equal performance with Beadmaker on them. I used a lot less Beadmaker this time and both cars look great.

I just ordered a gallon and I`m thinking of doing my tool box as well with it
    Likes BudgetPlan1, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

^^ Lets go Buffalo (but saddened UB lost tonight).

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah! Both the men and women made good runs this year. But I`m cool with another team losing. (Posting this as the Sabres get shut out by Ottawa)

Post Thanks / Like

I just got some beadmaker and I feel about as duped as I was with CG V7. There is nothing magic about this stuff in my eyes. Maybe it beads water well, but it sure isn`t any slicker than stuff like Optiumum ID or FK425. Even Turtle Wax Ice spray wax is slicker and glossier. I`ll try to use it some more but first impressions are not good. This might be a good wheel spray....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I just got some beadmaker and I feel about as duped as I was with CG V7. There is nothing magic about this stuff in my eyes. Maybe it beads water well, but it sure isn`t any slicker than stuff like Optiumum ID or FK425. Even Turtle Wax Ice spray wax is slicker and glossier. I`ll try to use it some more but first impressions are not good. This might be a good wheel spray....
    Dan,
    I get what your saying about the slickness. I agree with you that FK425 is just as slick as Beadmaker. And I had just pulled my
    FK425 out of the cabinet since I had kinda forgotten how good it was and I have been using Water-less washes as my QD lately.

I know that some reviews and people are saying that Beadmaker is suppose to enhance the characteristics of what it is on top of but I don`t see it beading as well as my coatings and coating toppers. What I do like about Beadmaker though is the slickness and added gloss. I think the protection holds longer than my FK425. But I will get to test it better this summer. Winter kills both.

Post Thanks / Like

Troy, that’s exactly it. It’s probably a decent product but there are others that are better. I’m just mad cause I got suckered. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Just FWIW...FK425 has come up...I used/loved that stuff for ages, but ever since I tried QD-strength IUDJ I`ve been wondering whether I`ll ever use up my gallons of the FK425. I honestly think the IUDJ is at least as good and maybe better. Hoping somebody familiar with both products will chime in some day, maybe it`s just me..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Just FWIW...FK425 has come up...I used/loved that stuff for ages, but ever since I tried QD-strength IUDJ I`ve been wondering whether I`ll ever use up my gallons of the FK425. I honestly think the IUDJ is at least as good and maybe better. Hoping somebody familiar with both products will chime in some day, maybe it`s just me..
    What in particular makes IUDJ better than 425? What I love about 425 is that almost velvetty smooth teflon slick feel that lasts even past a rain or two. It is no slouch lookswise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    What in particular makes IUDJ better than 425? What I love about 425 is that almost velvetty smooth teflon slick feel that lasts even past a rain or two. It is no slouch lookswise.
    I gotta admit I`m hard-pressed to say just why I like it *better*! Well, other than the lower cost. I always found the FK425 perfectly OK, *except* for the time I applied it over some sorta-fresh 476S and had it do a *HORRIBLE* solvent-action number on it, requiring me to strip the wax off and redo the car. Maybe that just left a bad taste...or maybe I like that (IMO) the IUDJ does a bit better at cleaning if/when there`s something still on there.

Eh, as I said, it`s hard for me to specify/verbalize. But I will say that my preference took me completely by surprise since I simply loved the FK425 (especially its scent) and I interpreted that as evidence that I wasn`t just seeing what I wanted to see since, if anything, I`d expected the exact opposite.

If you ever try comparing them, I`d love to hear *your* take. Heh heh, ya know..I`d almost prefer for you to say you like the FK better and to explain why! Then we could just write it off as one of those personal preference things.

Every time I rave about how swell the IUDJ is, I just gotta shake my head, never woulda thunk it.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information