Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: P&S Beadmaker?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: P&S Beadmaker?

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    A comparison video of beadmaker and Elixir.

https://youtu.be/X7i0g5im-0c
    Terrible review. The dudes main focus, gloss, cannot be perceived over a video. He also goes on so say that Beadmaker isn’t easy to apply.

Beadmaker is the simplest product I’ve used, and considering its top of class slickness ability, the user experience is one of the most pleasurable.

I will try Elixir when I get a chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Bead Maker is so easy to use and for me it never streaks even in very cold weather. I rinse less wash weekly with ECH2o. I really didn`t care for Reload until I saw a video with Pan combining distilled water/reload /Ech2o. With that combo it makes Reload tolerable. Elixir is that combo with hydro2 correct? So you have to come 3 to 4 different ingredients from CarPro to compare it to Bead Maker is that correct? Kinda expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

P&S Beadmaker?

Quote Originally Posted by dogma View Post
    Bead Maker is so easy to use and for me it never streaks even in very cold weather. I rinse less wash weekly with ECH2o. I really didn`t care for Reload until I saw a video with Pan combining distilled water/reload /Ech2o. With that combo it makes Reload tolerable. Elixir is that combo with hydro2 correct? So you have to come 3 to 4 different ingredients from CarPro to compare it to Bead Maker is that correct? Kinda expensive.
    ECH2O + Reload combo = $AUD 54.40/5L (includes cost of distilled water)

Beadmaker = $AUD 63.15/5L (based on 1 gallon price)

Elixir = $AUD 259.5/5L (based on 500ml price, not available in larger than 500ml)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Good video showing the gloss of both. Would you use Beadmaker as a QD? One of the reasons I haven’t got Beadmaker is I don’t know when I would use it. Maybe right before a car show?
    If your car is coated, I cant see any advantage to it aside from slickness, which comes at the price of beading and hydrophobic behavior.

Coming up on 2 weeks since I compounded/polished the hood of a vehicle and did 50/50 with Beadmaker & Polish Angel Rapidwaxx. Got a full day of rain and 47 degrees F today so checked truck sitting outside all day (actually been sitting outside since Friday). The PA side doing fine but Beadmaker side already losing slickness and beads are even less impressive than before...flattening out considerably.

Also finishing up a truck with 22ple VX PRO2 today, went over it with Finitura and it seemed about 80% as slick (OK, that`s just a WAG) as Beadmaker at application. Granted, Finitura is more expensive than Beadmaker by a factor of 100 but still...

Gloss...too subjective to say with any real certainty but I`m guessing the VXPRO2 + Finitura gloss would be indistinguishable from Beadmaker. Sure, far more expensive combo but certainly far more lasting as well.

Beadmaker excels in slickness and price, tough to beat in that respect but whether it`s worth the downside(s) is an individual choice...and just whether those attributes are a true weakness is an individual determination as well.
    Likes The Guz, Loach, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

You could probably compare the shine of Beadmaker to just the Reload/ECH2O mix as I am not sure the addition of the Hydro2 gives it any additional gloss. EliXir is supposed to be more durable than just the Reload/ECH2O mix. I’ve mixed up some SiO2/ECH2O/Hydro2 but have not tested it extensively. I’ll probably get around to it in a few months and post my results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    PA side doing fine but Beadmaker side already losing slickness and beads are even less impressive than before...flattening out considerably.
    This is the benefit of beadmaker.

Adding gloss and slickness that lasts only until the next wash is the perfect topper for a coating.

I don’t understand why people are spending a fortune coating their car and adding extra rubbish over the top every few months for maintenance. It negates the reason you have a coating in the first place, costs more and doesn’t allow you to enjoy any of the benefits of said coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wristymanchego View Post

Adding gloss and slickness that lasts only until the next wash is the perfect topper for a coating.
    For your routine and preferences, it certainly is. For me, not so much. I wash as little as possible, Beadmaker will not help with with that routine.

Beadmaker is in no way a bad product, obviously, given its popularity, heck I enjoyed the heck out of using it...the slickness is other-worldly.

I don’t understand why people are spending a fortune coating their car and adding extra rubbish over the top every few months for maintenance. It negates the reason you have a coating in the first place, costs more and doesn’t allow you to enjoy any of the benefits of said coating.
    Two reasons, really. It`s fun and it works for me. I dont claim my methods are in any the best, but they are the best for me. I don`t really like washing cars much, it`s usually a chore.

Beadmaker is pretty cool stuff but areas in which it excels just dont align with what I like to do...no worries, gotta do what works for ya.
    Likes rlmccarty2000, glfnaz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

P&S Beadmaker?

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Good video showing the gloss of both. Would you use Beadmaker as a QD? One of the reasons I haven’t got Beadmaker is I don’t know when I would use it. Maybe right before a car show?
    You are asking the wrong guy lol. I’m not venturing into beadmaker. Does not speak to me as a must have product. I’ll stick to what works for me.

Beadmaker seems like it’s the flavor of the month. I will wait for the SiO2 infused version lol.

Terrible review. The dudes main focus, gloss, cannot be perceived over a video. He also goes on so say that Beadmaker isn’t easy to apply.

Beadmaker is the simplest product I’ve used, and considering its top of class slickness ability, the user experience is one of the most pleasurable.

I will try Elixir when I get a chance.
    Post a video or thoughts on both. Gloss is hard to perceived camera. I’m sure this guy never used either of these products and you know that it takes a couple uses to really figure out a product.

Elixir is that combo with hydro2 correct? So you have to come 3 to 4 different ingredients from CarPro to compare it to Bead Maker is that correct? Kinda expensive.
    That is correct. Elixir is a mixture of all three products. Perhaps it’s expensive up front but cheaper in the long run as they are all concentrates.

They are two different products the way I see it. Elixir is a QD and beadmaker is touted as a spray sealant.

In most cases I agree about your comments regarding a topper. I personally don’t use them on my personal coated cars. I’m mostly using Ech2o and as a drying aid. I’ve been experimenting with Shine Supply Throttle as of late.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Vegas1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

After reviewing the footage, Classic CQuartz + Bead Maker at 8.5 months looks more hydrophobic than CQuartz at 1 week young. Last time Bead Maker was applied was 2 weeks prior to this last wash and rinse. With Gyeon One + Bead Maker, I can`t discern a difference in hydrophobic behavior compared to 1 week young, maintaining near 100% fresh short term performance at 8.5 months during the last wash and rinse after Bead Maker was applied. I`m going to see if I can cut some footage and release a video this weekend to show you guys what I`m seeing. I finally applied Bead Maker on a large section of the pure CQUK 3.0 section, so I`ll run a wash and rinse this weekend to film how it does. I`m really liking what I`m seeing, one of the issues with my testing though is the lack of space to run comparison testing against other types of toppers. Especially even cheaper and more available options like Ultimate Quik Wax.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes VitreousHumor, rlmccarty2000, Ronkh, indyz liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1, VitreousHumor, Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I get what you say. If a sealant last 6 months you would leave it alone... value proposition. Guys like budget (me?) likes to rub things into paint. More can’t hurt and definitely will add a thicker layer of protection. I’m coating just to add more to protect clearcoat. That’s the added step. The sealant are hopefully to aid in durability and depending on the toppers adds more shine extend the hydrophobic properties just my 2 cents. No silence behind it just a hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

In most cases I agree about your comments regarding a topper. I personally don’t use them on my personal coated cars. I’m mostly using Ech2o and as a drying aid. I’ve been experimenting with Shine Supply Throttle as of late.

I’m thinking throttle a lot like 914 as WW? Works well on matte paint so that’s gotta not leave to much behind. Have you tried punch it? If you don’t mind the need for letting sit (haze?), Clutch is also an Awesome product for them. Bought the gallon so left the throttle and clutch behind...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Mate, just pull the pin and try a bottle. It’s cheap as chips to see if you like it.

Just don’t use it as a sealant. Use it as a quick detailer.
    Most QD`s clean, BM was not designed to clean.
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    This was more to help distinguish it from being a sealant which even though they say it is, I won’t class it as one.

I probably should have substituted “as” for “like”.

Old mate knew what I was talking about.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally applied Bead Maker on top of CQUK 3.0 after 8.5 months on the paint. Short raw video clip below, no voice, Bead Maker was applied 2 weeks ago and we`re right around 9 months of total durability at this point. Driver`s side door has CQUK 3.0, right half with Bead Maker topped, left half no toppers. No noticeable drop in hydrophobic performance, improved slickness. The rear driver`s door is Classic CQuartz, same durability duration, fully topped with Bead Maker after about 6 months on the paint, last applied 2 weeks ago. This boosted the coating beyond its short term performance, still maintaining excellent hydrophobic performance. Similar stories with Gyeon One and Mohs, Blackfire Pro, McKee`s 37. It`s been a great coating topper for a product that really has a below average solo hydrophobic performance.

WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes Ronkh, SWETM, indyz liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh, indyz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I had hoped this point would be made. QDs should have some sort of cleaning action/properties. Beadmaker and others that are marketed as “sealants” would not make suitable QDs for removing fingerprints or light dust.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information