Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Viking Coat or Cosmic V2

Hello,

My wife`s VW Atlas is outside 24/7 so it needs protection, but it`s so big I`m getting a little tired of spending most of a day every few months to seal & wax it. I`m thinking of trying a coating for the first time and I`m pretty sure I`ve narrowed down the myriad of options to either CQuartz UK 3.0 (maybe topping it with Gliss) or the Polish Angel coatings (topping with either the Cosmic of Viking Spritz). The Polish Angel coatings seem WAY easier to use, especially for a first timer, but I`m having a hard time figuring out the difference between Cosmic V2 and Viking Coat . Can anyone explain the difference between the two? Especially around longevity, I don`t need a coating that`ll last for years and years. 12+ months would be about perfect, by then I`ll want to replace it with something else anyways.

Thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Viking Coat or Cosmic V2

Polish angel way easier that any traditional coating. In California I would say cosmic v2. So easy (as is Viking coat). Viking made for cruel winters.

Both great. After you apply either buy some cosmic spritz or hi gloss for ongoing top off of protection.

Enjoy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Polish angel way easier that any traditional coating. In California I would say cosmic v2. So easy (as is Viking coat). Viking made for cruel winters.

Both great. After you apply either buy some cosmic spritz or hi gloss for ongoing top off of protection.

Enjoy
    Is Cosmic v2 sensitive to the shampoo/QD you use? I have a bunch of honeydew snow foam that I use in the foam cannon for a pre-soak and I don`t remember what QD my wife has in the car to deal with bird bomb emergencies.

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rhavyn View Post
    Is Cosmic v2 sensitive to the shampoo/QD you use? I have a bunch of honeydew snow foam that I use in the foam cannon for a pre-soak and I don`t remember what QD my wife has in the car to deal with bird bomb emergencies.
    No pH neutral shampoos or QDs will hurt Cosmic V2, but anything that leaves something behind can affect the coating characteristics.

Honey Dew snow foam would not cause any problems. For a QD, switch to CarPro ECH2O as it works nicely with Cosmic. I also like AngelWax Enigma QED with Cosmic.
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Cosmic v2 is essentially viking coat with ability to achieve 9h hardness if used with their primer (polish or spritz).

May not be correct but I arrived at this because I read viking has 10% more ti or si than cosmic v1. (This was before v2 came out).

Then cosmic v2 has 10% more ti or si than v1. Hence why I will deduce that they are (essentially) the same short of the 9h capability.

Now cosmic and viking spritz, those are a little different as viking spritz has synthetic gold flakes in it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh, RaydiantDetail liked this post

Thread Information