Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coating Question

Thanks rlmccarty2000 for the advice and information. Thanks to everyone else too. I know a lot more than when I started. I do live in the Macon area or to be more correct, the Middle Georgia area. He is the only detailer that I know of offering coatings and it was new to me so I knew I could get some info on Autopia. I admit I was wrong, I thought his pricing was high but now I see that it is in line with coating prices. The only thing with him is he charges 200 dollars for every correction step on top to the coating price and it seems like he doesn`t want to give an estimate of how many correction steps it is going to take to ready the car. Maybe that is the best way of doing it, but I am a little leery of it. There are a lot of detailers in Middle Georgia but he might be the only one that is close to Autopia standards. I will probably wait for cooler weather to give it a try myself with a regular sealant, it is hot in August in Georgia. Thanks again.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coating Question

Quote Originally Posted by FryeBaby View Post
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 for the advice and information. Thanks to everyone else too. I know a lot more than when I started. I do live in the Macon area or to be more correct, the Middle Georgia area. He is the only detailer that I know of offering coatings and it was new to me so I knew I could get some info on Autopia. I admit I was wrong, I thought his pricing was high but now I see that it is in line with coating prices. The only thing with him is he charges 200 dollars for every correction step on top to the coating price and it seems like he doesn`t want to give an estimate of how many correction steps it is going to take to ready the car. Maybe that is the best way of doing it, but I am a little leery of it. There are a lot of detailers in Middle Georgia but he might be the only one that is close to Autopia standards. I will probably wait for cooler weather to give it a try myself with a regular sealant, it is hot in August in Georgia. Thanks again.
    This Detailer cannot give you an accurate estimate until he sees the car under sunlight and good shop lights inside the shop...
    Then, he can tell what he thinks will be the number of steps to correct the paintwork..

If the paintwork is really full of defects, etc., then of course, it will have to to take longer and perhaps more steps..

In my experiences, there is a correction step, and then depending on how it came out, there may be a polishing step or two..
    I try to keep it to 2 steps..

Too many variables regarding the paint itself, the condition of the paint, the color of the paint, etc., to ever be able to estimate this without looking at it all over very carefully AND measuring the total paint thickness with a good, reliable, calibrated meter...
    Good luck with your research !
    Dan F

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information