Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Accumulator Made Me Do It

Oh, forgot to mention. That’s a cool looking cake!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    Put a bigger number on top, and you have Accumulators next birthday cake.
    A significantly bigger number.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishroes View Post
    Sir Accumulator forgot to mention he’s the biggest stockholder in the company..
    Wonder who *does* own FK these days..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    And I`m truly serious about wanting to know about any negative takes on the stuff.
    Don’t apply after the sun has begun going down. Due to lack of light, you will not see what you have applied and probably apply too much. Buffing it all off will be a work out.

Post Thanks / Like

Add me to the list.

SOMEBODY here won`t like how it looks (I didn`t think I`d like it at all on a few paints), but no specific criticisms come to mind and one could always top it (FK sells their Pink Wax for that specific purpose, as if they recognize this issue).
    I liked it fine enough. But I do kick myself for not taking advantage of the sale that had a Pink Wax for free with a certain $ amount bought. I`ll pick it up some day. No rush, as the wife`s Kia will be wearing Blackfire stuff. The Jeep, not sure, and the Civic will most likely wear Poorboy`s wax.

Wonder how many here *have* bought some based on my recommendation.

Even more curious about people who`ve discovered/tried it on their own.

And I`m truly serious about wanting to know about any negative takes on the stuff.
    I lost track of how much I`ve bought based on your recommendations! You spent quite a bit of my money. No regrets here
    Come to think of it, I`ve been wanting to play with Malm`s a bit more.

And no complaints or negative takes on the stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder who *does* own FK these days..
    Last I read, and unless I`m confusing companies, after Floyd`s passing the company was sold to a close friend/competitor of Floyd.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    ..after Floyd`s passing the company was sold to a close friend/competitor of Floyd.
    Heh heh, I somehow doubt that anybody could be both his friend and competitor, but you never know IF Ketch sees this thread maybe he`ll fill me in.

I find it interesting, and surprising, that you`ve had uniformly positive experiences with my recommendations! Glad to hear it though, and also glad to hear you`ll be working with the Malm`s more. I`ll always have a softspot for that stuff even if I never use it again...

Post Thanks / Like

Ron gets people hooked on PA High Gloss.

Accumulator on FK1000p.

How similar, yet how incredibly different.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, in all seriousness since I`m on a short spell of vacation I was going to seek out one of my earlier threads from around a year ago and post some feedback on FK but I might as well do it here (too?)

I currently have a 2011 BMW in A52 Space Grey Metallic. Previously I`ve had darker colours - BMW 363 Biarritz Blue Metallic, BMW A22 Sparkling Graphite, Porsche 22D Slate Grey Metallic. Around 10-15 years ago I was fairly up to date with what was going on with detailing but along came kids, community responsibilities and other good/bad life experiences and, essentially, I was still using P21S Concours as my LSP and was just as out of date on most of my other products. This was the first car I`ve had since it was in pretty much new condition (Usually I`ve always had something where I was frequently saying "I wish the original owner hadn`t done this") and even though I keep things looking good I wanted to do better.

I believe it was early last fall I finally applied a double coat (one week apart) of FK after a bit of a polish (Menzerna SF4000 on a PC) to remove a dealer applied "lifetime" sealant and increase gloss. Better beading, better slickness (P21S was pretty good in that department). It brings out good depth in A52, though I also polished so I`m not claiming it`s just the FK. With that one double application it made it all the way through winter with some decent beading until two weeks ago. It seemed as if fallout and contamination didn`t stick like it did to P21S (over top of the "lifetime").

I was in a rush to reapply before vacation season (parking outside and under trees). I did a quick double wash, nano skin, dry and applied one coat of FK. The nanoskin wasn`t doing a lot of work compared to previous spring touch up sessions. After drying the finish was smooth, but grabby and not slick at all. Applying the FK it was immediately apparent by slickness through the applicator where I had re-covered and where I had not. It was to the point of squeaking (made me cringe) on first pass in some places. Maybe an Eraser wipe down would have helped? I applied using the "1/4 turn" dosing method I`ve heard Accumulator mention, but probably reloaded the applicator more often than he would.

I applied to the entire care, then buffed off with a high quality MF (I think the local vendor called it "The Cookie Monster" at the time I ordered it a few years ago) and it was super easy. Back to being slick, smooth and super beading. I`ll probably do another coat in another week and call it "done". Not sure I`ll be doing any kind of correction or restoration to the paint this year with the results I`ve seen. I have a few things on the interior I`ll spend my detailing cycles obsessing over...

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, I somehow doubt that anybody could be both his friend and competitor, but you never know IF Ketch sees this thread maybe he`ll fill me in.

I find it interesting, and surprising, that you`ve had uniformly positive experiences with my recommendations! Glad to hear it though, and also glad to hear you`ll be working with the Malm`s more. I`ll always have a softspot for that stuff even if I never use it again...

It`s why I don`t hesitate to get something you recommend! I believe the only differing experiences we`ve had are with Griot`s 3" RO. But you have an older version, so that may be the main difference. (I`ll see if I can get some "work" done with the GG3 later tonight and post results later this week)

I`m not sure why, but Malm`s is calling out to me! I did notice water sheets off well with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip on the FK pink wax. I always wondered what it was for.

Post Thanks / Like

Surly- Glad the FK continues to please you! Heh heh, yeah..I bet most everybody uses more than I do, but it`s pretty forgiving even with goofy-thick applications. Not surprised that the Nanoskin didn`t pick up much, after going *years* without decontaminating the Tahoe, when I finally did clay it there was hardly anything there, really wouldn`t have been necessary as stuff just doesn`t stick to/penetrate the FK for me.

JustJesus- That Malm`s is one of the most overlooked good waxes I can think of. I can only recall two or three Autopians who`ve ever even tried it. It was the first LSP I used on trim, way back in the `80s.

rlmccarty2000- Heh heh, given my general disdain for topping products, I almost have mixed feelings about cluing you in But seriously, I bet it`d work out great for people who, uhm...wouldn`t be caught dead driving a car with inadequate Depth and Jetting (yeah..just a pinch of sarcasm there, couldn`t resist ).

Post Thanks / Like

Surly, I noticed you said your car wasn`t slick and I noticed in your steps you didn`t mention claying it. Through my learning experience I have found claying after washing when you are doing a complete outside detail of your car makes all the difference in slickness. When I found about claying and I did it for the first time and then put the Klasse twins over it I couldn`t believe if felt like glass. It was like a light bulb went off in my head. Klasse never felt so slick without the claying. It is also good for your paint pulling out the bad stuff. If you clayed your car and I missed it in your post, then I apologize. Claying is one thing to me that is very important and I realized it wasn`t a gimmick the first time I tried it. I am going to be ordering FK1000p because of Accumulator and trying it out instead of the Klasse twins. Mr. Accumulator you may put another notch on your gun. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been here along time. I don`t post often but I now have a tin because of Accumulator and glad for it. Because of Accumulator being passionate about the product and a suave member how could I resist! The Frontier`s paint shows well indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FryeBaby View Post
    .. I am going to be ordering FK1000p because of Accumulator and trying it out instead of the Klasse twins. Mr. Accumulator you may put another notch on your gun. LOL.
    Well, maybe I oughta wait until you see how you like it! Wonder if you`ll still find the claying necessary once you`ve switched to that for your LSP...that`s the only variable I can think of to explain why I no longer have to do it very often.

manirodder- Glad it`s working out well for you! Heh heh, for some reason your username had me wondering whether it`d give you the look you prefer..maybe the "rodder" part says "carnauba wax" to my subconscious or something Too much time spent perusing the Rodder`s Journal

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information