Post Thanks / Like

Wax and Sealant Applicators. Some Faves.

Here`s some of my favorite applicators due to specific functionality.

So first up, a product that isn`t a wax applicator at all. Rather, it`s a beauty supply item. These foam wedges are inexpensive and great at cutting in sharp corners or for use on narrow passages. I also use them (a lot) for wax testing and just quick touch-up work. These were $5.00 for the bag of 16, but better deals can be had. Beware that some brands can fall apart easily. These, purchased at ULTA, have served me well.

On small "ledges" like this, where you don`t want to encroach upon gaps, these are the bomb. Great for spoiler slats like on 911`s.

And like I said, I use them for testing and for doing the occasional quick panel refresh. Hopefully this "reflects" my admiration for DoDo.

So now, on to slightly larger coverage, this 3 (or 4) finger foam mitt is the best on the market. Why? You just have to feel of these things. Secondly, they are "hand sewn" so that there is NO BORDER to get in your way. The sharp borders on cheap applicators are my Achilles heel. Sold by DoDo Juice. Not cheap at $6. Wait for a sale then treat yourself.

Internally-sewn. "How day do dat?"

This next one might be my favorite of all. I like round applicators only for LARGE areas in the middle of a panel. I like a sharp corner to cut-in with. These are ideal, and are the perfect size for pillars, and painted areas near plastic trim. And the "handle" works great. These are by lake Country and are $9 for two. Being so large in the rectangular direction, they work better with sealants or liquid waxes than pots of wax.

OCD Satisfaction.

Speaking of large round applicators, they are hard to beat for the majority of space on a hood or roof. My favorite round applicator is the red one sold by Buff & Shine (and others). These feel supple and soft, and the groove makes them easy to hold onto. With something like 845 or a sealant, I can do 80% of a hood in a minute or two, and I`m SLOW at this. When I`m done using it, I clean it with a terry cloth towel and put it in a plastic bag marked with the wax/sealant used. I have one going on 2 years now with WG 3.0. $5.99 for two - not bad!

Speaking of easy-to-hold-onto, nothing beats the Polishing Pal. These have Velcro on the bottom and you can use the pad of your choice, so waxing AND polishing is achievable. For me, using liquid wax and sealants, this combo is a bit "much". But for a sticky hard wax, it`s hard to beat. I`ve found a few prices, from $12 to $25, so do your research before buying.

A 4" pad fits perfectly in the 915 tin! Ahhhhhh.

I`ve added this photo for perspective on sizes. Yeah that Buff & Shine applicator is big!
    Likes tropicsteve, PearTree liked this post
    Thanks rlmccarty2000, Mary B, Diner, PearTree thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wax and Sealant Applicators. Some Faves.

Nice. This would make a good “sticky” for reference.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you WaxAddict

I will try the DoDo one. I do have some of these , use them a lot !

Here are a few more
    BlackFire 8$ for 2, my favorite !
    Red one from Amz. 13$ for a dozen.
    White one from Amz. 3$ for 6 , newest in my
    stash.
    Likes Diner, WaxAddict, tropicsteve liked this post
    Thanks WaxAddict thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Blackfire applicator as well. It`s similar to the "UFO" style applicators but it seems a bit more dense.

P21S has a good applicator as well. I went through the two pack over the course of a year or so. I never really warmed up to the shape of it, but the performance was really good.

Post Thanks / Like

add me to the blackfire applicator list.

Thread Information