Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Net Shield and Brilliant Shine Detailer

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If you want a good experience with applying BSD I keep going to recommend to get a Flairosol spray bottle. With this fine mist spray bottle and it`s building up a little pressure as you spray it. It`s the one I use if spray it on the paint directly and when used as a drying aid. Cause it`s a very thick liquid and when used with the original spray bottle it kind of spray out a narrow mist and gets a little hard to spread it out evenly. You could use it in another spray bottle that you can set to a very fine mist. Otherwise if used with the original spray bottle I would only spray it in a mf application towel and spread it out. When useing the second mf towel to get excess product off the paint I use a mf towel with a long nap. To being able to soak up as much as possible and it`s useally also increase the slickness feeling which is not high to begin with as noted above. Flip to a dry side of the mf towel often and switch to a clean one when it`s used all sides of it. Maybe 3-4 second mf towel is needed for me and 1 for spreading the BSD as it`s good if that is primed and gets a little saturated so you leave enough product behind. Think like when you apply Bead Maker to work it in the paint with both spray it on the paint and when you spray it in the mf towel to spread it out and in the paint. I think it`s good to let it sit for 15-25 seconds after wiped it in. So the polymers or what magic sauce it has to be able to cross linking for longer longevity from it. It`s important to get all of the residue off as IME it`s gets very grabby until the next wash if not. So it`s not wrong to test if you can buff it up at some places and you feel a difference in the slickness feel to a little better. If it`s not difference to that feel it`s not necessary to do a extra buffing step.

If used as a drying aid you can cut it 50/50 with distilled water to get a better spread mist out of the spray bottle to cover more surface. Or if not cutting it spray it in the drying towel and just 2 spritz is needed for a panel and you can use less as dry on.
    Amazing advice on the spray bottle. I will try it! How do you remove the BSD sprayer?

Just to add, PNS and BSD do NOT stain trim. Rather they darken and make it hydrophobic!

I will do half my car with PNS and half with Mothers CMX to see how it holds up.
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks WaxAddict thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Net Shield and Brilliant Shine Detailer

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    Amazing advice on the spray bottle. I will try it! How do you remove the BSD sprayer?

Just to add, PNS and BSD do NOT stain trim. Rather they darken and make it hydrophobic!

I will do half my car with PNS and half with Mothers CMX to see how it holds up.
    The BSD bottle I have I just unscrewed the sprayer. It was long threaded so almost just one turn and it was loose. So no problem to do.

And it`s also great on the outside glass but not on the windshield or if you have a wiper on back window.

Don`t know why I don`t use it more. But it`s fun to switch between different LSP. On white paints it looks amazing for some reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information