Thread: Car covers?

Post Thanks / Like

Car covers?

I am looking at a car cover from covercraft. One of the stretch custom fit ones that are fleeced lined

Some people hate covers but this is a indoor car and I hate dusting all the time and I also realize if you take it out you have to wipe it down with like a waterless wash before putting back on.

Anyone have any experience or info on them and or another brand like cover king? I just need a form fit (spandex) type cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car covers?

I was always told to stay clear of those covers as they can mar the paint. The only type of cover I would use are the bubble enclosures where you drive on the base then you inflate with blower or compressor. They cost more but are way better and little to no chance of any problems. Kind of like the bubble boy scenario but for autos.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used lots of car covers since 1970..
    They used to be nice, made of a nice cotton, and if you knew how to put it on and remove it, there was no chance of scratching anything..
    Of course, you have to only put a Clean cover on a Clean car, and if you don`t, well then there is the chance you are rubbing some dirt, etc., onto your paintwork..
    If you are really good about this, then there will be nothing but happiness when you take it off and your Baby is beautifully clean, no dust from the garage, etc...

I have used many covers from California Car Covers, in Chatsworth CA., and never had any problems.. calcarcover.com
    They have very good patterns and all the different ones I purchased fit tightly all around and did not look dorky like those really thick "Noah" etc., covers that are universal or something sometimes... Hate that look, will not have one of those ever...

Since you plan on using it inside, you can get a really nice soft one, that will be very user friendly to work with...
    The indoor covers are not really designed for long time use outside, so remember that, ok ??

If you get one and want to know the best way to install it and remove it, let me know...
    Dan F
    Likes rlmccarty2000, davidc, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m with bigfish528 on this; I`ve never been able to use any cover on any vehicle without marring it. And I`m about as off-the-scale careful as I can imagine anybody being. That said, you consider your options, weigh the trade-offs, and do what you gotta do.

And yeah...California Car Covers sells good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Got my Covercraft on sale at 20% off on Autogeek.

Just have to watch for sales and make sure the sale doesn`t exclude Car covers and or Covercraft.

Never could find a 25% off sale that Didn`t exclude Covercraft.

Thread Information